Remind me why we had to extort $20BB from BP again?

The "Greatest Environmental Disaster EVAH!!!!!!" is a major fizzle. There's a few tar balls, a few birds covered in oil and not much else.

The vast majority of the oil dissipates long before it gets anywhere near the shore.

Remind me why we had to extort $20B from BP again, why did we circumvent the entire judicial process?

The greatest damage was to our judicial system which was upended by the Marxist Ideologue in an effort to extort $20B from BP

You people don't understand!! BP is the victim here!!!!!

The only thing damaged by the spill was Obama's credibility, his already nonexistent Executive skills and his respect for and understanding of our form of government

And the livelihoods of thousands of fisherman, the entire gulf coast tourism industry, and countless dead animals.

Because Obama panicked and mis-characterized the spill? Even the NY Times admits the spill was almost a non-event

Please.

The NY Times?????

:rolleyes:

I see lots of support of the corporation from conservatives, rather than for the citizenry.
That was tried before, in the '30s. Remember?

The "Greatest Environmental Disaster EVAH!!!!!!" is a major fizzle. There's a few tar balls, a few birds covered in oil and not much else.

The vast majority of the oil dissipates long before it gets anywhere near the shore.

Remind me why we had to extort $20B from BP again, why did we circumvent the entire judicial process?

The greatest damage was to our judicial system which was upended by the Marxist Ideologue in an effort to extort $20B from BP
The funny thing is early on in the spill. People on the right were pointing out that it was LIGHT crude, and that MOST of it would evaporate and Dissipate, and those people were trashed in the press.

It's funny that even when the almost all of usual crackpots on the right, those in the public eye anyway, have largely seen the light and abandoned a crazy position or view (in this case defending BP)

you can always count on the internet forums to provide that select crowd of rightwing uber-crackpots to elevate the crazy to a new level, and to carry on.

Our law is the victim. We just became a nation of men and not of laws.

Would you want a Republican president to take that course of action if say the Tides Foundation or the NYTimes or George Soros fucks up?

I was waiting for the RWnutjob to post this thread.

The spill never happened huh? People never lost their jobs? The economy was not hurt? The environment was never effected? Nothing to see here huh?

Classic!!

49izadw.gif

The funny thing is early on in the spill. People on the right were pointing out that it was LIGHT crude, and that MOST of it would evaporate and Dissipate, and those people were trashed in the press.
It was able to "dissipate" so easily and quickly because they carpet bombed the area with special chemicals, Lord only knows how harmful THEY are to the environment, that quickly breaks up the oil to such low levels. Well...it causes it to seep to the bottom of the sea rather, giving it the effect that it dissipated.

This is only the beginning of troubles regarding that spill.

It was able to "dissipate" so easily and quickly because they carpet bombed the area with special chemicals, Lord only knows how harmful THEY are to the environment, that quickly breaks up the oil to such low levels. Well...it causes it to seep to the bottom of the sea rather, giving it the effect that it dissipated.

This is only the beginning of troubles regarding that spill.

Why do some people always have to find the negative in everything. This spill is dissapearing and the damage isnt going to be nearly as bad as it could have been and instead of seeing the good in that you have to bitch about the chemicals being bad. What will it take to make you happy. Try to find some good in the bad and youll live longer. Sheesh!

What am I "bitching about" Leweman?

I'm not rushing to judgement ASSuming everything's all hunky dorey just because the LYING BP says it is.

They have not done one single thing throughout this entire fiasco that has given me an ounce of confidence that they have been truthful or forthright about any other safety or well-being other than their own.

Who's side are you on Leweman?

Seriously....who's side are you on?

Should we cry for the victim BP?

Where you part of the cadre that was "bitching" because people were angry at BP the company?

Hmmmmm.....?!??

BP agreed to put the $20 billion in the escrow fund, which they have not done. The funds are used to pay claims for damages. I doubt that the claims will amount to $20 billion.

The ecological impact can not be measured in dollars and cents because we do know the scope and won't for many years.

So you think that BP shouldn't have to pay to clean up their spill?

The taxpayers should just pay for it?

They should pay $75M as per law, considering that the evidence now says the Coast Guard fucked up and caused the Deep Horizon to sink.

Shameless support of the corporation over the people of the Gulf Coast area, and the environment in general.

Our law is the victim. We just became a nation of men and not of laws.

Would you want a Republican president to take that course of action if say the Tides Foundation or the NYTimes or George Soros fucks up?

Uhhhhh.... Yes.

I don't see how The Tides Foundation, Soros or the NYT is in a position to do harm to the comons.

Bp has and will continue to be skull dragged by the people of the gulf coast. Kudo's to Obama for kicking that ass especially when you compare the eye covering and hiding by the gov during valdez.

ThugFather.jpg

Misery.jpg

ThugFather.jpg

Misery.jpg

Occasionaly we need to respond to pressing issues like being attacked or unforeseen disaster. That is the domain of the executive.

ThugFather.jpg

Misery.jpg

Occasionaly we need to respond to pressing issues like being attacked or unforeseen disaster. That is the domain of the executive.

This one is a very piss poor one. The man is a Thug.

Forum List

Back