Religious freedom laws

Jeddahite

VIP Member
Oct 31, 2015
Let's see if I have this right: Under so-called religious freedom laws, I would have the right to not serve people who are LGBT. But how can I tell when they walk in the door? Do I ask for ID? A birth certificate? What if someone asks for the proverbial wedding cake and she wants me to put "Sammy and Joe" on it? What if she "looks" straight but I think the couple might be gay? How do I know if two guys order a cake that they're not brothers ordering for one of them? Or co-workers, or just friends. If two women sit down at a table and order, do they have to prove they're just best friends and not lovers? What if a woman looks like a guy....do I tell her she's the ugliest guy I've ever seen? If a guy wears a pink shirt or a purple tie, can I assume he's gay? Just how do I go about defending all my religious freedoms from people who might possibly offend ME?

Under appropriate public accommodation laws anyone who goes into your business and sits down gets served.

Religious freedom laws protect religious people from being forced to participate in acts of perversion.

What if they're standing up and ordering a cake? The only "perversion" seems to be the blatant discrimination.

What if they're standing up and ordering a cake? The only "perversion" seems to be the blatant discrimination.
If the cake requires participation in perversion religious laws protect the vendor.

They can buy a cake out of the cake case. They can order a birthday cake and pick it up. A wedding cake that requires the vendor to use his or her talent is an artist. No one should ever be able to compel an artist to create. No one should ever be able to compel anyone to attend an event they consider reprehensible.

Under appropriate public accommodation laws anyone who goes into your business and sits down gets served.

Religious freedom laws protect religious people from being forced to participate in acts of perversion.

Pervert-rights advocates seem to deliberately refuse to get this point.

I don't think anyone's asking for any sort of blanket “right” to refuse to serve anyone at all for reasons not directly related to the transaction in question. What we're asking for, and what these laws are intended to protect, is a right not to be compelled to provide goods and services that are in direct support of activities that we find immoral.

You cannot force someone to create something if the creation of that thing forces them to violate the tenets of their faith.

Sorry. THAT'S what religious freedom is. The goose stepping pigs don't understand that. Nonetheless, it's true.

All of this homo garbage will be moot in about 5 years anyway. The ones that are still alive will be cowering under their beds, hiding from the illegal immigrants and hajis that gut them when they notice them.

You cannot force someone to create something if the creation of that thing forces them to violate the tenets of their faith.

Sorry. THAT'S what religious freedom is. The goose stepping pigs don't understand that. Nonetheless, it's true.

All of this homo garbage will be moot in about 5 years anyway. The ones that are still alive will be cowering under their beds, hiding from the illegal immigrants and hajis that gut them when they notice them.
Hey it's all part of God's plan

Let's see if I have this right: Under so-called religious freedom laws, I would have the right to not serve people who are LGBT. But how can I tell when they walk in the door? Do I ask for ID? A birth certificate? What if someone asks for the proverbial wedding cake and she wants me to put "Sammy and Joe" on it? What if she "looks" straight but I think the couple might be gay? How do I know if two guys order a cake that they're not brothers ordering for one of them? Or co-workers, or just friends. If two women sit down at a table and order, do they have to prove they're just best friends and not lovers? What if a woman looks like a guy....do I tell her she's the ugliest guy I've ever seen? If a guy wears a pink shirt or a purple tie, can I assume he's gay? Just how do I go about defending all my religious freedoms from people who might possibly offend ME?
People would have to ask, and customers would never come, forcing them out of business.
Although, sometimes you just know lol. Let them be assholes and let capitalism take over. No need to justify un-needed legislation. Forcing people isn't progress. Its regressive.

Unfortunately, we're still supposed to do our best to prevent it. Trust me, it isn't fun to defend assholes who don't deserve protection, and who would happily do the same to you that the haji do to them.

Unfortunately, we're still supposed to do our best to prevent it. Trust me, it isn't fun to defend assholes who don't deserve protection, and who would happily do the same to you that the haji do to them.
Ask a Haji if they'd bake a cake for a gay couple. Looks like you 2 have at least 1 thing in common.

First you have to get religion (the Christian one) before we can begin to help you.

Then you have to begin to realize that any person on earth can turn into a cry baby if they make mountains out of their molehill issues --- such as, "that bakery won't write -- me and my gay partner are getting married so love us -- on the cake I insist they produce for me, so let's fine them $100K.

Understand life is short and if you think your little injustices are so important that you can dictate how everyone else must behave you very well may face some opposition. You see, some of us are far more concerned with helping fools avoid hell and treating our neighbor with real care and kindness by giving them bread to eat, and digging a well so the water they consume will not make their children sick. We are also more worried about abused children and trafficking girls for sex than we are that transgenders demand they use whatever bathroom they feel like or homosexuals get to ruin Christian businesses because of their tiny little infractions. Like I said --- life is short, use it wisely.

The laws come from the state GOP's trying to frighten their base.

The GOP runs on fear.

They like to keep their base in fear of the homosexual.

Last edited:

You live in NC?

Others governors refused to sign.

It depends on you religious objections or discomfort with a lady using the female wash room.

As for the pink and purple.... not if you live in florida, popular colors for a lot of men there. Maybe in montana or north dakota men dont' wear pink. Even on wall street you will see some pink and purple shirts and ties, just because the wife picked them out.

are your religious "freedoms" offensive to gays?

Do what you want but harm none

All you people throwing the term haji around don't even know what it means. And you're using it in a way that makes your bigotry obvious. What is hereto sex...

All you people throwing the term haji around don't even know what it means. And you're using it in a way that makes your bigotry obvious. What is hereto sex...
we don't care what it means to you. We know what it means to us.

Forum List

Back