Religious Conflict?

Some of the secular leaders do use religion to motivate the zealots and well some of the leaders are zealots as well. Encroaching on someone's religious beliefs and domain will entice more zealots and anger. Of course some of the leaders know this and use it.

And they are all arab muslims in this case. Just read their charter that spells out the religious aspects of the turmoil

So, we have a "Thank You" option, an "Agree" option, an "Invormative" option...

Just where is the "Stupid" option for posts like yours?

I was accepted to Stanford in 1972. I didn't end up going there because we couldn't afford it, but they certainly thought enough of me to accept my application.

How about you, little fella?

A past thread created by me entitled Allah vs. Yahweh contained the gist that this conflict was all over religious bullsh*t. Teddy, found fault with it and reported it to the mods and consequently it was moved. Afterwards, in a comment to me under the same thread, Teddy stated that I had no clue as to what, when or where to post. With this being said, I feel I have been somewhat vindicated by the fact that the below linked article that ran in today's Los Angles Times, generally speaking, agrees with me. ~ Susan
Israeli-Palestinian conflict shifts ominously toward religious war - LA Times

The muslims have always fought religious wars as they are commanded by their religion to do so. The Israelis are fighting for survival. Once you understand this then you will understand where you are going wrong

But who were the ones who crossed oceans and continents to have a holy war with the Muslims ?

The crusaders way back in the depths of history, after the arab muslims had crossed oceans and continents to steal the land from them. The Gates of Vienna was the turning point and the arab muslims were soundly defeated once again.

A billion "people" hallucinating about being attacked is something, indeed. Islam is like LSD, isn't it?
Watching a huge majority persecuting a tiny minority so relentlessly and then trying to claim it is the small minority trying to persecute them is so ridiculous, it represents some sort of group psychosis. It also explains why they need to be resisted.
It's only ridiculous until you remember that when it comes to real estate, location means everything!
That's where arab thoughts of taking a jewish home over come into play, indeed.

A billion "people" hallucinating about being attacked is something, indeed. Islam is like LSD, isn't it?

Watching a huge majority persecuting a tiny minority so relentlessly and then trying to claim it is the small minority trying to persecute them is so ridiculous, it represents some sort of group psychosis.

It also explains why they need to be resisted.

To rationalize Israel's land theft, Dog, here, groups the Palestinians into the larger classification known to all of us as Arabs. It's an insidious Robin Hood tactic created by the hoodwinking rich to reclassify themselves as the poor 'little guy' which allows them sway over the masses whom they have duped, to steal with impunity from the actual, 'little guy' Palestinians. ~ Susan

Watching a huge majority persecuting a tiny minority so relentlessly and then trying to claim it is the small minority trying to persecute them is so ridiculous, it represents some sort of group psychosis.

To rationalize Israel's land theft, Dog, here, groups the Palestinians into the larger classification known to all of us as Arabs. It's an insidious Robin Hood tactic created by the hoodwinking rich to reclassify themselves as the poor 'little guy' which allows them sway over the masses whom they have duped, to steal with impunity from the actual, 'little guy' Palestinians. ~ Susan

So the UN charter does not apply to the Jews on right of return, International law does not apply to the Jews on right of return and land ownership. And the persecution of the Jews by the arab muslims is not a cause of the current problems, we are not talking a paltry 30 years either we are talking 1400 years of persecution, rape, theft, terrorism, abuse and murder of the Jews by the arab muslims.

So, we have a "Thank You" option, an "Agree" option, an "Invormative" option...

Just where is the "Stupid" option for posts like yours?

I was accepted to Stanford in 1972. I didn't end up going there because we couldn't afford it, but they certainly thought enough of me to accept my application.

Oh dear...

What? You want my CV or something?

I spent 6 years at Oxford, completing my PhD in 1983...

Next...

Actually its the other way around - the Palestinians always played the 'underdog' which is why they still insisting on being addressed as refugees, showing the power and the brutality of Israel to the world and saying - yes its okie to fight the tyranny! -
You can also view dozen of cases, where so called vigilantes (terrorists) preform 'street justice' (terror attacks) against the Jews because its okay to kill the Jews.
Hmm..No sense of hard work and zero regard to life.
Israel was built from the ground up against all odds while the Palestinians hold Israel's ankle for decades.

A past thread created by me entitled Allah vs. Yahweh contained the gist that this conflict was all over religious bullsh*t. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx With this being said, I feel I have been somewhat vindicated by the fact that the below linked article that ran in today's Los Angles Times, generally speaking, agrees with me. ~ Susan
Israeli-Palestinian conflict shifts ominously toward religious war - LA Times

Susan, your article lies. It claims that Israel restricted the mount to those under 50 and/or 35 BEFORE Yehuda Glick was shot:

As Muslim fear of a physical division of the site intensified, punctuated by episodes of violent unrest on the plateau itself, Israel imposed age restrictions for Muslim men for Friday prayers, sometimes banning those younger than 50, sometimes those younger than 35. Young Palestinian men seethed — and prayed in the streets outside barricades guarded by Israeli riot police.

Against this backdrop, a Palestinian assailant late last month made a brazen bid to assassinate Israeli American activist Yehuda Glick,

If you want to post a link to an article that we can believe, make sure the author knows the truth and is not in the business of twisting it as it (the truth) has clearly been. It does continue with this:

Though seriously wounded, Glick survived, and amid the ensuing turmoil, Israel closed the hilltop to all visitors for the first time in years,

Now that is the truth, however it was only for one day; subsequent days perhaps and yes there was the age restriction(s) the article reported. And of course no mention is made of the many rock throwing incidents from the Temple Mount by Palestinians down to the Jewish and others near the Western Wall.

Oh dear...

What? You want my CV or something?

I spent 6 years at Oxford, completing my PhD in 1983...

Next...

Oh for fuck's sake people! Is our credibility to be measured by the certificates of our education? I learned (or relearned) a crap load of things once I got out of school!

Let's get back on topic!

Actually its the other way around - the Palestinians always played the 'underdog' which is why they still insisting on being addressed as refugees, showing the power and the brutality of Israel to the world and saying - yes its okie to fight the tyranny! -
You can also view dozen of cases, where so called vigilantes (terrorists) preform 'street justice' (terror attacks) against the Jews because its okay to kill the Jews.
Hmm..No sense of hard work and zero regard to life.
Israel was built from the ground up against all odds while the Palestinians hold Israel's ankle for decades.

Quoted for truth. The leaders of the Palestinians whether it is Hamas, Fatah, the PLO or whatever always keep the Palestinians as 'outsiders', 'refugees', or whatever. Keep them all hyped up on their 'underdog' status, use the media to keep trying to portray them as such to the world. All the while they are seducing their children into a realm of hatred toward the Jews and the Israelis. As long as this continues, there will be only one outcome.

Were the Israelite not commanded by god to invade the holy land?

Yes around 1400BCE give or take a few.

Were the crusades commanded by their 'Christianity'?

No. That was the Pope at the time.

Yes, the Israelites were commanded by god to invade the holy land and, give or take a century or two, depending on what one chooses to believe, 1400BC is close enough...

Indeed, the crusades were commanded by the pope, for 'Christianity', in response to the Muslim conquests. The crusades 1 through 9, lasted less than 200 years... With great expense and much loss of life for little return and longevity!

Past conquerors include the Egyptians, Hittites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Crusaders, and the Turks. Jews living in Palestine asserted their independence from the British in 1948 and founded the modern state of Israel. Thus making the Jewish 'conquests' a very modern idea.

Conquests have been, at best, transient.

I do believe that Israel SHOULD exist, not for religious reasons, but it is there NOW! Do I believe it should be there now? Well, that is open to debate... Do I believe that it is the BEST location for a homeland for Jews? Absolutely not! Why? Because there will never be peace... Neither side really wants peace, both sides receive 'support' from countries that have little interest other than making money!

Were the Israelite not commanded by god to invade the holy land?

Yes around 1400BCE give or take a few.

Were the crusades commanded by their 'Christianity'?

No. That was the Pope at the time.

Yes, the Israelites were commanded by god to invade the holy land and, give or take a century or two, depending on what one chooses to believe, 1400BC is close enough...

Indeed, the crusades were commanded by the pope, for 'Christianity', in response to the Muslim conquests. The crusades 1 through 9, lasted less than 200 years... With great expense and much loss of life for little return and longevity!

Past conquerors include the Egyptians, Hittites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Crusaders, and the Turks. Jews living in Palestine asserted their independence from the British in 1948 and founded the modern state of Israel. Thus making the Jewish 'conquests' a very modern idea.

Conquests have been, at best, transient.

I do believe that Israel SHOULD exist, not for religious reasons, but it is there NOW! Do I believe it should be there now? Well, that is open to debate... Do I believe that it is the BEST location for a homeland for Jews? Absolutely not! Why? Because there will never be peace... Neither side really wants peace, both sides receive 'support' from countries that have little interest other than making money!
Money is one of the smallest interests of everyone actually.
This is what make the conflict unique unlike most other conflicts about resources.

Forum List

Back