Palestinian state is a 'fantasy'

aris2chat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2012
Palestinian state is a 'fantasy', says son of Hamas founder
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/11245832/Palestinian-state-is-a-fantasy-says-son-of-Hamas-founder.html
By Camilla Turner 7:00AM GMT 22 Nov 2014 Follow

The son of a founding member of Hamas, who worked as a spy for Israel’s security service for a decade, has denounced Palestinian state-building as nothing more than a “fantasy”.

Mosab Hassan Yousef, the eldest son and expected heir to Sheikh Hassan Yousef, one of Hamas’ foremost leaders in the West Bank, said that governments pushing for a Palestinian state are “playing with fire”.

Mr Yousef, 36, was nick-named the “Green Prince” after he was recruited to work for the Shin Bet, Israel’s internal security service, age 17.

He was considered to be one of Israel’s most valuable sources operating from inside the Hamas leadership, and his recruitment was kept a secret even within the Shin Bet.

But after emigrating to America in 2007, where he claimed political asylum, Mr Yousef decided to reveal his identity and publish his memoirs.

“The goal was to share what I witnessed,” he told The Telegraph.

"I know that it is very hard for the average person to see clearly what is happening.

"I came from the heart of the leadership of Hamas, the heart of the Palestinian decision making. I sat down with Yasser Arafat, with all the top leaders of the Palestinian factions.

“On the other hand I worked with the Israeli intelligence. I saw the other side. I saw their struggle as well.

"How many other people in that region see the truth from different sides? It was a crime not to share my story.”

mosab-for-web_3114085c.jpg
Mosab Hassan Yousef in the documentary film The Green Prince, which is based on his real life story and is coming out in UK cinemas in December

Mr Yousef, who was in London this week on a fundraising trip with One Family UK, a charity which supports victims of terror, condemned the reaction of Arab leaders to the most recent spate of violence in Israel as “deluded”.

Speaking about the axe attack at a synagogue in Jerusalem this week, he said: “We had four righteous people going to a synagogue, a house of worship. They got killed.

"And you see the Jordanian parliament are praising the killers, praying for them, and encouraging people to follow their footsteps.

“This is the Arab culture: they hate Israel for religious reasons, for ideological reasons. This needs to stop; they need to wake up from their delusion.”

Mr Yousef grew up in Ramallah, in the West Bank, and said that as a child he viewed Israel as the “enemy”.

For most of his childhood his father was locked away in Israeli prisons, and Mr Yousef was left to fend for his family.

At one point his father returned home after spending one-and-a-half years in prison, only to be arrested and taken away again six hours later.

“I had all the reasons in the world to hate Israel. My first motive was to take revenge on Israel and that is why I agreed to work for them,” he said.

But after witnessing Hamas supporters torturing Palestinians who they suspected of collaborating with Israel, he began to question his beliefs about who the enemy was.

Mr Yousef agreed to work for the Shin Bet, and from 1997 to 2007 he masqueraded as his father’s protégé, while all the time reporting back to the Israelis and in doing so, foiled numerous terrorist attacks.

He told The Telegraph: “Pushing for a Palestinian state is a fantasy. It is impossible. Israel is not going to give Palestinians free borders because no Israelis will agree to another holocaust.

“Why push for things that are not going to take place, and [in doing so] encourage terrorism and violence?

“In the mean time, instead of dreaming about impossible things, how about we build a Palestinian economy, schools and infrastructure?

“Let’s try to avoid Hamas, let Israel finish the job of fighting them, and leave the Palestinian people out of this problem. To go and push for a Palestinian state right now – this is playing with fire.”

Despite risking his life to spy for Israel, Mr Yousef said he would be “the biggest fool in the world” to be serving them now.

When Mr Yousef applied for asylum in America, his application was initially denied on the grounds that he has engaged in acts of terror.

He insisted that he had infiltrated the Hamas leadership in order to spy for Israel and prevent the terror attacks, but the Shin Bet refused to confirm his account.

“The Israeli government turned their back on me,” he said. “I was facing deportation, I was facing death. And unfortunately I was face to face with bureaucracy.”

But after his former intelligence handler, Gonen Ben Yitzhak, defied the Shin Bet’s strict code of secrecy and revealed his own identity in order to testify on behalf of Mr Yousef at an immigration hearing, the objections to asylum were suddenly dropped.

“When things started to become very dangerous, Gonen came. And for the first time in the history of the agency, the Israeli intelligence did not punish him.”

Palestinian state is a 'fantasy', says son of Hamas founder
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/11245832/Palestinian-state-is-a-fantasy-says-son-of-Hamas-founder.html
By Camilla Turner 7:00AM GMT 22 Nov 2014 Follow

The son of a founding member of Hamas, who worked as a spy for Israel’s security service for a decade, has denounced Palestinian state-building as nothing more than a “fantasy”.

Mosab Hassan Yousef, the eldest son and expected heir to Sheikh Hassan Yousef, one of Hamas’ foremost leaders in the West Bank, said that governments pushing for a Palestinian state are “playing with fire”.

Mr Yousef, 36, was nick-named the “Green Prince” after he was recruited to work for the Shin Bet, Israel’s internal security service, age 17.

He was considered to be one of Israel’s most valuable sources operating from inside the Hamas leadership, and his recruitment was kept a secret even within the Shin Bet.

But after emigrating to America in 2007, where he claimed political asylum, Mr Yousef decided to reveal his identity and publish his memoirs.

“The goal was to share what I witnessed,” he told The Telegraph.

"I know that it is very hard for the average person to see clearly what is happening.

"I came from the heart of the leadership of Hamas, the heart of the Palestinian decision making. I sat down with Yasser Arafat, with all the top leaders of the Palestinian factions.

“On the other hand I worked with the Israeli intelligence. I saw the other side. I saw their struggle as well.

"How many other people in that region see the truth from different sides? It was a crime not to share my story.”

mosab-for-web_3114085c.jpg
Mosab Hassan Yousef in the documentary film The Green Prince, which is based on his real life story and is coming out in UK cinemas in December

Mr Yousef, who was in London this week on a fundraising trip with One Family UK, a charity which supports victims of terror, condemned the reaction of Arab leaders to the most recent spate of violence in Israel as “deluded”.

Speaking about the axe attack at a synagogue in Jerusalem this week, he said: “We had four righteous people going to a synagogue, a house of worship. They got killed.

"And you see the Jordanian parliament are praising the killers, praying for them, and encouraging people to follow their footsteps.

“This is the Arab culture: they hate Israel for religious reasons, for ideological reasons. This needs to stop; they need to wake up from their delusion.”

Mr Yousef grew up in Ramallah, in the West Bank, and said that as a child he viewed Israel as the “enemy”.

For most of his childhood his father was locked away in Israeli prisons, and Mr Yousef was left to fend for his family.

At one point his father returned home after spending one-and-a-half years in prison, only to be arrested and taken away again six hours later.

“I had all the reasons in the world to hate Israel. My first motive was to take revenge on Israel and that is why I agreed to work for them,” he said.

But after witnessing Hamas supporters torturing Palestinians who they suspected of collaborating with Israel, he began to question his beliefs about who the enemy was.

Mr Yousef agreed to work for the Shin Bet, and from 1997 to 2007 he masqueraded as his father’s protégé, while all the time reporting back to the Israelis and in doing so, foiled numerous terrorist attacks.

He told The Telegraph: “Pushing for a Palestinian state is a fantasy. It is impossible. Israel is not going to give Palestinians free borders because no Israelis will agree to another holocaust.

“Why push for things that are not going to take place, and [in doing so] encourage terrorism and violence?

“In the mean time, instead of dreaming about impossible things, how about we build a Palestinian economy, schools and infrastructure?

“Let’s try to avoid Hamas, let Israel finish the job of fighting them, and leave the Palestinian people out of this problem. To go and push for a Palestinian state right now – this is playing with fire.”

Despite risking his life to spy for Israel, Mr Yousef said he would be “the biggest fool in the world” to be serving them now.

When Mr Yousef applied for asylum in America, his application was initially denied on the grounds that he has engaged in acts of terror.

He insisted that he had infiltrated the Hamas leadership in order to spy for Israel and prevent the terror attacks, but the Shin Bet refused to confirm his account.

“The Israeli government turned their back on me,” he said. “I was facing deportation, I was facing death. And unfortunately I was face to face with bureaucracy.”

But after his former intelligence handler, Gonen Ben Yitzhak, defied the Shin Bet’s strict code of secrecy and revealed his own identity in order to testify on behalf of Mr Yousef at an immigration hearing, the objections to asylum were suddenly dropped.

“When things started to become very dangerous, Gonen came. And for the first time in the history of the agency, the Israeli intelligence did not punish him.”

He is 100% right. The time for a Palestinian state is over.

At best, after Hamas IslamoNazis are defeated and surrender, a demilitarized highly monitored autonomous area can be created in Gaza.

As far as the West Bank, there is no way Israel is going to remove 400,000 Jews from Judea and Samaria, we are heading towards Israeli annexation. The die has been cast. I see no other outcome.

Are you sure this one belongs in the fantasy section?

Seems to me that any fiction about Palestinian state belongs in horror.
Speaking of horror novel, you should try reading the Koran.

Ah yes... The 'wise'(?) words of Mosab Hassan Yousef :booze:

Because I would believe every word of someone with a dubious background and dubious morals...

:blahblah:

Traitors and turncoats are, by definition, liars. But, he is right about one thing, Israel will not allow the creation of a Palestinian state.

Because I would believe every word of someone with a dubious background and dubious morals...

but you believe all Hamas and most of the other palestinian leaders and spokes people? what of their past and morals?
How moral was the synagogue attack of rabbis at prayer? Rabbis who were not even activists. They were not just killed but hacked with knives and axe.

I love watching pro Palestinians idiots whine and have breakdowns whenever they hear Yousef say something that they don't want to hear :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Israel is not going to give Palestinians free borders because no Israelis will agree to another holocaust." -- Mosab Hassan Yousef
I'm looking forward to seeing the doc', "The green Peace".
Thanks, for the info, Aris.

As far as the West Bank, there is no way Israel is going to remove 400,000 Jews from Judea and Samaria, we are heading towards Israeli annexation. The die has been cast. I see no other outcome.

Thats what Nazi Germany said about Poland.

I love watching pro Palestinians idiots whine and have breakdowns whenever they hear Yousef say something that they don't want to hear :lol: :lol: :lol:

HAHAHA...

Better not post any Jew speaking out against the Zionists then...

You lot spit your dummies out just at the thought!

Yeah of course he wasn't dubious when he was Hamas fighter and the founder's son. I'd say he has more first hand knowledge of the inner workings of Hamas and how Palestinian society is abused for by their leadership and religion than you will ever dream of.

"Israel is not going to give Palestinians free borders because no Israelis will agree to another holocaust." -- Mosab Hassan Yousef
I'm looking forward to seeing the doc', "The green Peace".
Thanks, for the info, Aris.

I can empathize with what he went through. I know what it was like to grow up with the "palestinian narrative" and expected to spout the same lies and rhetoric while attempting to help them. I had reason to be angry at the Israelis. I also had access to and listened in on strategy of those in power and military both Lebanese and palestinian. I was once asked to help "betray" Arafat, though I declined for moral reason (I have often wondered it was really the best choice in the decades that followed).
I did not spy or leak state secrets but I know what is was like to see the issues from a number of different sides not just from the view point of hate and violence.
It was not easy for anyone growing up in the middle east and pressured to make a choice between what is right and what is expected or expedient. It is not easy going against those you care for, even family sometimes. It is torture being apart from your home and country/land you love or be the target of threats.
A lot of people have had to search for and share the truth of the situation rather than regurgitate the lies we were raised to believe were turn.
I have never met Mosab but I have know enough like him.
I doubt he would have gone as far as he did for "easy money". You don't take such a drastic step for so long without a belief that it is the right thing to do.
He is actively involved in charities to help the palestinians and other refugees. He is not hiding in the shadows collecting his checks. He might be safer in the US, but he will never feel completely safe. I understand some of what he has lived through. Life will never really e easy for him and even less so for telling his story.

The guy sold out his father, family, friends, and community, for Israeli money.

Why should anyone believe the words of this gutless traitor? ...... :cool:
Bullshit. He gave up ever seeing his entire family, because he saw the truth and decided to save his people.

Thats what Nazi Germany said about Poland.

I wouldn't bring up Nazi Germany considering the Palestinian love affair with them. The closest to Nazi Germany are the statements coming out of Palestinians and other IslamoNazi groups today.

Traitors and turncoats are, by definition, liars. But, he is right about one thing, Israel will not allow the creation of a Palestinian state.

I tend to agree.

Israel has zero interest in a peace process and have no incentive to make peace at the moment.

My hope is that the US will eventually tire of being treated like an ATM and will start to set clear goals and targets for Israel to EARN funding.

It's a funny thing how many right-wing posters oppose welfare - but want Israel to live off it.

Forum List

Back