Religion As A Virus Of The Mind

FUCK Clean up you posts...............

gawd, some of you people.

Ready Aim Fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

The term Religion is too broad, it encompasses too large a vareity of philosophies.

But, that being said, most do prey on the instinctual primortal fears that have been with man since the caveman days:

Fear of Death
Fear of Thunder
Fear of Fire
Fear of th Future
Fear of predators

I mean imagine being a semi-dumb animal living in a cave. You'd be scared shitless of everything.

I guess that explains why so many conservatives are Religious.
Every once in a while you come out of your cave and say stupid stuff. Go back.

The term Religion is too broad, it encompasses too large a vareity of philosophies.

But, that being said, most do prey on the instinctual primortal fears that have been with man since the caveman days:

Fear of Death
Fear of Thunder
Fear of Fire
Fear of th Future
Fear of predators

I mean imagine being a semi-dumb animal living in a cave. You'd be scared shitless of everything.

I guess that explains why so many conservatives are Religious.
Every once in a while you come out of your cave and say stupid stuff. Go back.

And every once in a while you come off your medications and attempt to say something coherent.

:cuckoo:

"theologian - someone who is learned in theology or who speculates about theology
theologiser, theologist, theologizer
Church Father, Father of the Church, Father - (Christianity) any of about 70 theologians in the period from the 2nd to the 7th century whose writing established and confirmed official church doctrine; in the Roman Catholic Church some were later declared saints and became Doctor of the Church; the best known Latin Church Fathers are Ambrose, Augustine, Gregory the Great, and Jerome; those who wrote in Greek include Athanasius, Basil, Gregory Nazianzen, and John Chrysostom
Doctor of the Church, Doctor - (Roman Catholic Church) a title conferred on 33 saints who distinguished themselves through the orthodoxy of their theological teaching; "the Doctors of the Church greatly influenced Christian thought down to the late Middle Ages"
eschatologist - a theologian who specializes in eschatology
futurist - a theologian who believes that the Scripture prophecies of the Apocalypse (the Book of Revelation) will be fulfilled in the future
presentist - a theologian who believes that the Scripture prophecies of the Apocalypse (the Book of Revelation) are being fulfilled at the present time
preterist - a theologian who believes that the Scripture prophecies of the Apocalypse (the Book of Revelation) have already been fulfilled
bookman, scholar, scholarly person, student - a learned person (especially in the humanities); someone who by long study has gained mastery in one or more disciplines"

There is a reason why we are supposed to use the whole quote. Cherry picking and leaving out important references and saying lame insults based on your selective quotations isn't really what I would expect from you.

If you didn't understand my post..OK..that doesn't mean I need more air. As it is I get out quite a bit.

In the 14th and 15th centuries long before the printing press the Theologions were the gate keepers of scripture. They had huge power. "Idiot preachers" are clowns and fools by comparison. These days serious people take no advice from them. Today Rush Limbaugh carries more weight than any idiot preacher in the country. Back in the dark ages religion and the Theologions WERE the power brokers. My point being that science has pushed religion back into the churches and is driving a wooden stake slowly into it's heart. Some day the demons and fairies will all be dead. There is no other possibility as science shines the light of truth on mysticism.

Yes there is a reason you use the whole quote, or, better yet, a screen shot.

attachment.php

theologian - definition of theologian by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Look at that, the stuff about Church Fathers you tried to pass of as a definition of theologian is actually a related word, not part of the definition. It doesn't even rise to the level of synonym. The reason we use entire quotes is so that, in context, we can show that the guy who prefers to misrepresent things is lying.

You are missing the forest for the trees.

True, I don't waste much of the limited time I have left on this earth reading things I don't find of interest any more. That doesn't mean I don't seek out knowledge.

I am interested in the "History of The Western Civilization" though and have spent hundreds of hours watching Eugene Webers presentations filmed at UCLA where he is/was a proffesor. I recommend it to anyone serious about knowing something about our history and how religion has affected that history. Weber's series "The Western Tradition" is as good as it gets in studying the developement of our civilization.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trI8WF9djwk&feature=related]10.[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHR72hzKaZY&feature=related]17.[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ZLqlEbCSU&feature=related]23. Cu[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qDpYIECLt0"]The Wars of Religion.mp4 [FULL] - YouTube[/ame]

I have read multiple books about history, and understand it on a level you can't get from a lecture. It is wonderful to get facts, but unless you read journals and find out why people did things all you get is what the professor wants you to know.

Yes there is a reason you use the whole quote, or, better yet, a screen shot.

attachment.php

theologian - definition of theologian by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Look at that, the stuff about Church Fathers you tried to pass of as a definition of theologian is actually a related word, not part of the definition. It doesn't even rise to the level of synonym. The reason we use entire quotes is so that, in context, we can show that the guy who prefers to misrepresent things is lying.

True, I don't waste much of the limited time I have left on this earth reading things I don't find of interest any more. That doesn't mean I don't seek out knowledge.

I am interested in the "History of The Western Civilization" though and have spent hundreds of hours watching Eugene Webers presentations filmed at UCLA where he is/was a proffesor. I recommend it to anyone serious about knowing something about our history and how religion has affected that history. Weber's series "The Western Tradition" is as good as it gets in studying the developement of our civilization.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trI8WF9djwk&feature=related]10.[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHR72hzKaZY&feature=related]17.[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ZLqlEbCSU&feature=related]23. Cu[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qDpYIECLt0"]The Wars of Religion.mp4 [FULL] - YouTube[/ame]

I have read multiple books about history, and understand it on a level you can't get from a lecture. It is wonderful to get facts, but unless you read journals and find out why people did things all you get is what the professor wants you to know.

And your point is? The books you have read only tell you what the authors want you to know. Sound familiar? You haven't made any comment about my posts other than to try to convince me you are the last word. So Weber is an idiot? You are more qualified to teach history than he? He must be pretty smooth to get over on the staff at UCLA. Why don't you take some time and view the offered videos and let me know where Weber is in error.

If I had a virtual gun, I would shoot the dufus to death who posts those long fucking brainless posts in all the threads he enters.

Huggy, paying attention?

Simple. Don't read em. I like to offer my opinion and try to include my resources. It is a message board. If it makes you uncomfortable..turn off your puter and do something more satisfying.

23. Cu

The Wars of Religion.mp4 [FULL] - YouTube

And your point is? The books you have read only tell you what the authors want you to know. Sound familiar? You haven't made any comment about my posts other than to try to convince me you are the last word. So Weber is an idiot? You are more qualified to teach history than he? He must be pretty smooth to get over on the staff at UCLA. Why don't you take some time and view the offered videos and let me know where Weber is in error.

I might not be qualified to teach history, mostly because I only get into it when I come across a personal account, but I am qualified to debate you about it and what actually happened. My point here is that, by not reading, you limit yourself. In other words, I am not harping on the professor, I am pointing out that you do not know what you are talking about. You can't.

Go take his course, read the material he assigns, and pass the course, and we can talk. Until then, you are the one that isn't qualified to discuss this.

If I had a virtual gun, I would shoot the dufus to death who posts those long fucking brainless posts in all the threads he enters.

Huggy, paying attention?

Simple. Don't read em. I like to offer my opinion and try to include my resources. It is a message board. If it makes you uncomfortable..turn off your puter and do something more satisfying.

:clap2:

I might not be qualified to teach history, mostly because I only get into it when I come across a personal account, but I am qualified to debate you about it and what actually happened. My point here is that, by not reading, you limit yourself. In other words, I am not harping on the professor, I am pointing out that you do not know what you are talking about. You can't.

Go take his course, read the material he assigns, and pass the course, and we can talk. Until then, you are the one that isn't qualified to discuss this.

It's a message board. I'm not turning in my doctorite paper here. You still have offered no places where I was in error. You still just want me to tell you that you are smarter than I with no proof other than your assumtion it is so. OK. Discussion with you is pointless. Have a nice day.

It's a message board. I'm not turning in my doctorite paper here. You still have offered no places where I was in error. You still just want me to tell you that you are smarter than I with no proof other than your assumtion it is so. OK. Discussion with you is pointless. Have a nice day.

I did offer places you were in error, I even went to the trouble of tracking down the alleged definition you used to prove it. You keep assuming that there is no difference between a theologian and the caricature of a preacher you find in a movie. You, quite literally, do not know what you are talking about. Theologians actually deal with the real world, not the one you imagine they want to exist. They wonder how to incorporate the fact of evolution with the reality of God. Just because you prefer to think that all Christians are idiots does not mean we are. Take some time to actually read some of the stuff we actually think about, and discuss, so you don't come across as a total idiot. It is always easier to look only at the things that validate your beliefs than actually learn something. By not learning what Christians actually talk about you are just perpetuating the problem.

The Theological Dilemma of Evolution, Part 1 | BioLogos

I did offer places you were in error, I even went to the trouble of tracking down the alleged definition you used to prove it. You keep assuming that there is no difference between a theologian and the caricature of a preacher you find in a movie. You, quite literally, do not know what you are talking about. Theologians actually deal with the real world, not the one you imagine they want to exist. They wonder how to incorporate the fact of evolution with the reality of God. Just because you prefer to think that all Christians are idiots does not mean we are. Take some time to actually read some of the stuff we actually think about, and discuss, so you don't come across as a total idiot. It is always easier to look only at the things that validate your beliefs than actually learn something. By not learning what Christians actually talk about you are just perpetuating the problem.

I NEVER said they were the same thing. Man O Man you are one stupid fixated son of a bitch. You go on and on about a point you think you made and guess what Buckwheat? You have NOTHING! I never maintained what you think I said. What an idiot.

I NEVER said they were the same thing. Man O Man you are one stupid fixated son of a bitch. You go on and on about a point you think you made and guess what Buckwheat? You have NOTHING! I never maintained what you think I said. What an idiot.

Somebody hacked your account? You didn't actually post this?

They are intellectually lazy. They have resigned themselves to believe that all things human can and MUST be dealt with using "scripture". That worked before modern science. There was nothing to compare their "documents" to. The only objections to their dogma came from independant thinkers with little more foundation than observation and comon sense. With a power structure intertwined with monarchys and armies alternate opinions were handled brutally further re-enforcing the co-operation of the comon man and monarchs alike.

Now in the face of scientific fact and weapons and skills that make the possibility of the need to have "god" on ones or one's countries side for defense or conquest there isn't any weight placed on prayer or gods will at any level above the outcome of sporting events.

God did not create the atomic bomb..man did. God did not create the hand granade or the machine gun. God did not create AWAC and electronic emitting radio waves that defeat enemy radar and communications. We did. God has been benched in the decision making process of war and defense.

Gods will used to mean something. If your army succeeded it showed more than your earthly strength in numbers and tactics ...there was an acknowledgement all around that you were blessed with more than an army or intelligent officers..you had the fullfilled prayers to the allmighty to thank..and it could not be disproven. How convenient for the theologens.

At first no common man and few royalty were even allowed access to the scripture. Now the common man has access to ALL knowledge. People still cling to the old ways largely because most people are still uneducated and not prepared to understand new science even when it is presented to them. Most people are just doing all they can to get by getting closer to the inevitable death day by day. Death means THE END and the only altrernative proposed and promised is heaven or hell. Science does not speculate what comes after death. That is one of the biggest negatives for science..It has no alternative and never will for what religion promises.

People are scared weak minded suckers. As the theologens took credit for victory in war and defense today's theologens take credit for and make promises about something they cannot prove any more than it can be disproven. As long as there are fools there will be religion.

You should report this to the mods.

Somebody hacked your account? You didn't actually post this?

They are intellectually lazy. They have resigned themselves to believe that all things human can and MUST be dealt with using "scripture". That worked before modern science. There was nothing to compare their "documents" to. The only objections to their dogma came from independant thinkers with little more foundation than observation and comon sense. With a power structure intertwined with monarchys and armies alternate opinions were handled brutally further re-enforcing the co-operation of the comon man and monarchs alike.

Now in the face of scientific fact and weapons and skills that make the possibility of the need to have "god" on ones or one's countries side for defense or conquest there isn't any weight placed on prayer or gods will at any level above the outcome of sporting events.

God did not create the atomic bomb..man did. God did not create the hand granade or the machine gun. God did not create AWAC and electronic emitting radio waves that defeat enemy radar and communications. We did. God has been benched in the decision making process of war and defense.

Gods will used to mean something. If your army succeeded it showed more than your earthly strength in numbers and tactics ...there was an acknowledgement all around that you were blessed with more than an army or intelligent officers..you had the fullfilled prayers to the allmighty to thank..and it could not be disproven. How convenient for the theologens.

At first no common man and few royalty were even allowed access to the scripture. Now the common man has access to ALL knowledge. People still cling to the old ways largely because most people are still uneducated and not prepared to understand new science even when it is presented to them. Most people are just doing all they can to get by getting closer to the inevitable death day by day. Death means THE END and the only altrernative proposed and promised is heaven or hell. Science does not speculate what comes after death. That is one of the biggest negatives for science..It has no alternative and never will for what religion promises.

People are scared weak minded suckers. As the theologens of the distant past took credit for victory in war and defense today's mouthpieces for religion make promises about something they cannot prove any more than it can be disproven. As long as there are fools there will be religion.

You should report this to the mods.

You are correct. I could have worded that last sentence better. I will edit.

I stand corrected.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back