Relationship Discussions Thread

Trinity said:
Why is the embarrased smilie not surprising although I was expecting to see something more like this......................
eek2.gif

well, I know he was just teasing! :funnyface

I wonder how you have a successful relationship with someone that you hardly ever see or get to spend time with. How do you have intimacy, how do you build and hold trust?
That's what sucks about being in the Navy as far as relationships go, you're out to sea so much (6-8 months of the year for us) how in the hell do you find the time to be with the one you love? I always admire those who are able to pull it off, but I cannot, and that's why I refuse to date or have a relationship until I've left the service.
And in a sense, it isn't just the navy this relates to, but also people who are traveling businessmen, government employees, etc etc.

NATO AIR said:
I wonder how you have a successful relationship with someone that you hardly ever see or get to spend time with. How do you have intimacy, how do you build and hold trust?
That's what sucks about being in the Navy as far as relationships go, you're out to sea so much (6-8 months of the year for us) how in the hell do you find the time to be with the one you love? I always admire those who are able to pull it off, but I cannot, and that's why I refuse to date or have a relationship until I've left the service.

And in a sense, it isn't just the navy this relates to, but also people who are traveling businessmen, government employees, etc etc.

What you do is make the time you do have together very special. You also communicate as much as possible when traveling. Either by email, snail-mail or telephone. It is possible and lots of people do it. The old adage is true in the case (IMO) - it isn't the quantity of time together, but the quality of time together.

There are many that are together every day but do not share intimacy with each other. That, in my opinion, is worse than being apart.

Said1 said:
I think that's very true of some women, (not me of course!) bizzare really??

That's that whole sex as a weapon, I never really understood that either, seems like your doing more harm than good. There's a saying that asks.."would you rather be right or happy?" Besides real power over a man requires them respecting you. IMO

freeandfun1 said:
What you do is make the time you do have together very special. You also communicate as much as possible when traveling. Either by email, snail-mail or telephone. It is possible and lots of people do it. The old adage is true in the case (IMO) - it isn't the quantity of time together, but the quality of time together.

There are many that are together every day but do not share intimacy with each other. That, in my opinion, is worse than being apart.

I respect that Free and that is the "ideal", but it doesn't take into account her/his friends that don't like you, scheming people on the side that want you out of the picture, doubts caused by rumors and heresay, etc etc. Hell, and if the family doesn't like you, you're fucked (not just my case but many others I've known as well, not only in the military but also in college)

NATO AIR said:
I respect that Free and that is the "ideal", but it doesn't take into account her/his friends that don't like you, scheming people on the side that want you out of the picture, doubts caused by rumors and heresay, etc etc. Hell, and if the family doesn't like you, you're fucked (not just my case but many others I've known as well, not only in the military but also in college)

Yes, but if the woman you marry is that weak, her family is that cruel and her friends are that fucked up, in my opinion, you shouldn't marry her in the first place. Never ever marry a woman whose family dislikes you. That is a sure fire way to ensure a marriage doesn't work. Same for you, never ever marry a woman that your family doesn't like.

freeandfun1 said:
Yes, but if the woman you marry is that weak, her family is that cruel and her friends are that fucked up, in my opinion, you shouldn't marry her in the first place. Never ever marry a woman whose family dislikes you. That is a sure fire way to ensure a marriage doesn't work. Same for you, never ever marry a woman that your family doesn't like.

Its not for marriage, but just for a good relationship for a while.

If you dated only women/men you would marry, it would be more than likely be one brutal heartbreak after another over and over again.

NATO AIR said:

Ive seen someone do it through writing each other. keeping the communication channels open. It is alot tougher though.

Forum List

Back