Regardless of what you think of Obama, do you think he has a solid chance of winning?

We have a whole year to go, dear, and you are dreaming if you believe Obama is an easy candidate. Just dreaming.

I don't believe Obama will be an easy candidate.

Which is why I don't think we should run Romney.

The argument you make about Romney is that he's "electable". Most of your other posts are tearing down the other candidates, which is pretty much what you and the MSM do.

The reality is that the man has lost nearly every election he has run in, and the few he has won were ones where he was facing token opposition.

We have a whole year to go, dear, and you are dreaming if you believe Obama is an easy candidate. Just dreaming.

The argument you make about Romney is that he's "electable". Most of your other posts are tearing down the other candidates, which is pretty much what you and the MSM do.

The reality is that the man has lost nearly every election he has run in, and the few he has won were ones where he was facing token opposition.

I understand your point. Obama, Gingrich, and Romney all have their strengths and weaknesses. For Romney his strengths are that he is not an insider, he knows business, he's charismatic, and he appeals to the middle. His weaknesses are his flip-flopping and Romney-care. For Gingrich his strengths are that he is an in your face straight-talker (which people love), he's intelligent, he can debate very well, and he stays pretty straight historically to his stances. His weaknesses are that he very polarizing, and he has a loud mouth which causes him problems. Obama's strengths are incredible charisma and solid attacks against terrorism. His weaknesses are just about everything else.

The current polls are pretty clear that Romney runs better against Obama right now. That could change...who knows. But it's pretty hard to suggest that Gingrich is more electable as things stand right now.

...in 2012?
If Newt is the nominee, Obama has a much better chance of winning than with Romney. Unlike Romney, Newt speaks his mind regardless of what the voters think. He is far more interested in winning a debate than winning the election. For example, his stand on immigration, comments on child labor laws, education, and many other subjects will make him an easy target. Offbeat comments and temper flairups may make headlines, but they won't win the presidency.

Last edited:
Given the current crop of the GOP, I think he has an excellent chance of being re-elected.

did you ever studied moron, doc? no, he lives in a world of kaos and he even doop u fer being the sheeple you have become and continue to demonstrate.

...in 2012?
If Newt is the nominee, Obama has a much better chance of winning than with Romney. Unlike Romney, Newt speaks his mind regardless of what the voters think. He is far more interested in winning a debate than winning the election. For example, his stand on immigration, comments on child labor laws, education, and many other subjects will make him an easy target. Offbeat comments and temper flairups may make headlines, but they won't win the presidency.

Actually, I think Americans will appreciate his Candor.

Based on last night, where Romney looked like a robot who had a data tape get unwound. (A 10K Bet? Really?)

But bottom line. This election will be won or lost by how Obama is preceived to have been doing. And if he has to go into re-election with his current approval and unemployment numbers, he'll lose. badly.

I understand your point. Obama, Gingrich, and Romney all have their strengths and weaknesses. For Romney his strengths are that he is not an insider, he knows business, he's charismatic, and he appeals to the middle. His weaknesses are his flip-flopping and Romney-care. For Gingrich his strengths are that he is an in your face straight-talker (which people love), he's intelligent, he can debate very well, and he stays pretty straight historically to his stances. His weaknesses are that he very polarizing, and he has a loud mouth which causes him problems. Obama's strengths are incredible charisma and solid attacks against terrorism. His weaknesses are just about everything else.

The current polls are pretty clear that Romney runs better against Obama right now. That could change...who knows. But it's pretty hard to suggest that Gingrich is more electable as things stand right now.

I don't buy the "current polls". the Current polls show that about 15% of the electorate isn't even thinking about this right now. Current polls in 2007 showed a Hillary-Guiliani fight. Current polls in 2003 showed Bush losing to Wesley Clark. Current Polls in 1991 showed Bush-41 easily trouncing any Democratic comer.

I look more to who is going to be better in a fight. Newt's been to a few fights. He hold up in them very well. Romney gets unglued by even minor criticism of his record, his honesty or his whackadoodle religion.

Let us not forget, there was a poll once that showed Romney beating Ted Kennedy in 1994. Until Teddy actually unleashed his big guns on Romney and beat him by 17 points.

Romney is the guy with the awesome resume who creeps you the fuck out during the interview.

JoeB misreads me if he believes most of my posts attack other candidates than Romney.

Most of my posts to JoeB is correcting his silliness. Romney can win, the other's can't. Simple.

JoeB misreads me if he believes most of my posts attack other candidates than Romney.

Most of my posts to JoeB is correcting his silliness. Romney can win, the other's can't. Simple.

No, Romney just doesn't have a path to victory.

Evangelicals won't vote for him.
Hispanics won't vote for him.
Women won't vote for him.
Conservatives won't vote for him.

Romney couldn't beat Ted Kennedy. He couldnt' Beat John McCain. It appears he can't beat Newt Gingrich right now. Oh, he beat a non-entity named O'Brien once.... barely.

You know before you tell me how "electable" he is, maybe he should win some elections.

John McCain won his senate seat four time, and a congressional seat a couple times before that.

George W. Bush won two presidential elections and two gubanetorial elections.

Bob Dole won his Senate Seat a bunch of times, even though he lost the presidency all three times he ran for it.

The only reason Mitten isn't a "Career Politician" is because he keeps losing elections, despite spending gobs of money running for office.

Jake, you'll just have to reread Joe's posts again. He talkiing details and not just rhetoric. Listen to what he has to say. Then compare your meatless posts to his.

I have rebutted JoeB's post repeatedly. His posts are meaningless as is your defense of him.

Newt, Rick, Sarah, Michelle, etc., are not electable. Mitt is electable.

The GOP far right wacks, if they shoot the party in the foot, and nominate someone other than Mitt, has only themselves to blame.

America does not want mindless far right wack nonsense running the country.

I don't buy the "current polls". the Current polls show that about 15% of the electorate isn't even thinking about this right now. Current polls in 2007 showed a Hillary-Guiliani fight. Current polls in 2003 showed Bush losing to Wesley Clark. Current Polls in 1991 showed Bush-41 easily trouncing any Democratic comer.

I look more to who is going to be better in a fight. Newt's been to a few fights. He hold up in them very well. Romney gets unglued by even minor criticism of his record, his honesty or his whackadoodle religion.

Let us not forget, there was a poll once that showed Romney beating Ted Kennedy in 1994. Until Teddy actually unleashed his big guns on Romney and beat him by 17 points.

Romney is the guy with the awesome resume who creeps you the fuck out during the interview.

Oh I am not saying that the current polls are reliable in how things will work out a year from now. I am simply saying "this is what they say at this very moment". Certainly things will change. How they change is anyone's guess

Of course he can win in 2012.

Why not. He has many who support him.

If the economy turns around and the jobs start appearing he can get re-elected.

I think he's trying to take the country in the wrong direction. I also think his polices suck and he hasn't shown me much in the way of leadership. But thats my own PO.

There are those out there though who still support him and he could get re-elected.

I hope to hell not but it can happen.

If the economy turns around he has a chance.

I wonder if you can point out what exactly Obama did to turn the economy around?

Nobody can.

So what the media is attempting to do is put rose colored glasses on everyone so even though the economy is suffering we just won't notice it that much.

I believe the economy is ripe for a recovery but it's waiting for new leadership.....and Obama will never be able to supply that leadership.

I have rebutted JoeB's post repeatedly. His posts are meaningless as is your defense of him.

Newt, Rick, Sarah, Michelle, etc., are not electable. Mitt is electable.

The GOP far right wacks, if they shoot the party in the foot, and nominate someone other than Mitt, has only themselves to blame.

America does not want mindless far right wack nonsense running the country.

As opposed to mindless devious left-wing bullshitters running it now.

Fuck Mitt.:up_yours:

Anyone you like we should run from like our lives depends on it.

We're not gonna let the left pick our GD candidate for us again.

I believe the closer we get to the election the less favored Obama will be. The simple statement used in previous campaigns may jus come back and haunt Obama..."Are you better off today than four years ago?

Economy...no

Jobs...no

Foreign affairs...no

Immigration problem...no

Education...no

Energy resoucefulness...no

Cronyism...no

Scandal...no

Along with a new president comes a new administration with new advisors and possible opening to new solutions to our problems. A new administration could seek out experts and not rely upon "friends" to be welcomed into the WH fold. No more timothy Geithner, Eric Holders.

Jake, you'll just have to reread Joe's posts again. He talkiing details and not just rhetoric. Listen to what he has to say. Then compare your meatless posts to his.

Thanks, Jackson, but Snarky is drinking the Koolaid.

I find his claims that Romney is electable laughable. It seems to be based not on how many elections he's won (Because he's lost most of the ones he's run in) but on reaching some focus-grouped median policy stance that will win over a certain percentage.

It's the same claim we heard in 2008 when they picked McCain, in 1996 when they picked Dole, and in 1976 when they picked Ford. We just have to find the middle, and not an idealogue.

Oddly, they never, ever insist that Democrats need to pick someone more moderate. They can pick the guy who goes to the Church of "God Damn America" and that's ooooh, sooo fine with them. I wish Snarky would go after Obama with the venom he reserves for TEA Partiers.

Republicans win when they stand by their principles. When they stand up for something and say it proud. When you concede the other guy is right from the get-go you've conceded the argument for yourself.

Oh I am not saying that the current polls are reliable in how things will work out a year from now. I am simply saying "this is what they say at this very moment". Certainly things will change. How they change is anyone's guess

A couple points on this.

first, we don't know what is going to happen in a year. The economy might have a mini-boom, in which case, Obama would be unbeatable. Or, far more likely, Europe will implode and we'll have a second dip in this recession. In which case, even Ron Paul or Michelle Bachmann can beat Obama.

So I would rather back a candidate who will fight for what I believe in and whom I like as a person.

And that would be Newt before Mitt.

If I'm going to be damned, I'd rather be damned for who I am.

Now, I really dislike Mitt Romney as a person. Yeah, yeah, I know part of it is my bias against his religion, but I don't dislike let's say Huntsman to the same degree. Just everything about the guy is wrong to me. His phoniness, his complete inability to connect with the concerns of people like myself.

I mean, seriously, a 10K bet? Over something trivial?

The heart and soul of the GOP, not the Tea Party wacks far to the right, will choose the GOP candidate, if the GOP wishes to win.

Romney can win and better represents America than the Tea Party wacks.

Forum List

Back