For those of you who think Obama is a liar...

Wow. Thanks for the link. I didn't expect Politifact to catch so many of Obama's lies. I've probably noticed some they haven't but kudos to them for acknowledging so many of them.

2011_12_09_ObamaPolitifact.jpg

Wow. Thanks for the link. I didn't expect Politifact to catch so many of Obama's lies. I've probably noticed some they haven't but kudos to them for acknowledging so many of them.

I think most of the lies that politicians tell are campaign-related.

So that's what you 'think' now, huh? :cuckoo:
Obama has never been out of campaign mode with his speeches

So that's what you 'think' now, huh? :cuckoo:
Obama has never been out of campaign mode with his speeches

Yes, I could be wrong, of course, but that is what I believe.

It proves he is a constant liar. Why you think it proves integrity is beyond me.

What he is saying is true or mostly true less than half of the time based on statements they have evaluated, and that is supposed to demonstrate integrity? Come off it. He's a politician like most any other.

What he is saying is true or mostly true less than half of the time based on statements they have evaluated, and that is supposed to demonstrate integrity? Come off it. He's a politician like most any other.

If you can find me a politician who does not tell lies, then I will gladly recant what I just said.

The values speak for themselves.

What values do you speak of?

The numbers of "True", "Mostly True" in comparison to the "Pants on Fire", "False", and "Mostly False" statements

And half truths are as good as a lie, Billy, so just to be clear, it's Kudos for Barry because he doesn't tell lies all the time? Got it.....I put politicians carreers right there with lawyers and used car salesman. (except Jillian of course)......so I don't know about the values on which you speak.

What values do you speak of?

The numbers of "True", "Mostly True" in comparison to the "Pants on Fire", "False", and "Mostly False" statements

And half truths are as good as a lie, Billy, so just to be clear, it's Kudos for Barry because he doesn't tell lies all the time? Got it.....I put politicians carreers right there with lawyers and used car salesman. (except Jillian of course)......so I don't know about the values on which you speak.

Half truths are as good as half lies. Yes, it does mean kudos to Barry that he does not tell likes all the time. Again, if you can find me a politician that never lies, then I will recant my statement about his integrity.

Last edited:

Half truths are as good as half lies. Yes, it does meant kudos to Barry that he does not tell likes all the time. Again, if you can find me a politician that never lies, then I will recant my statement about his integrity.

Let me highlight my previous post for you. That may explain my feelings.

If you can find me a politician who does not tell lies, then I will gladly recant what I just said.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were using a completely useless criterion for your evaulation of his integrity.

The Washington Post gave Obama three Pinocchios for his Kansas speech.

They took him to task for being unnecessarily cavalier about the facts. The man has plenty of ammo he could legitimately use against Republicans but he just can't help lying. Integrity? Bah!

Remarks by the President on the Economy in Osawatomie, Kansas | The White House

Obama's Kansas speech: some suspect facts - The Fact Checker - The Washington Post

The Pinocchio Test

The president does not need to lard his case with such suspect data. There are few independent tax analysts who have much good to say about the Bush tax cuts. But it is difficult for Obama to justify blaming those tax cuts for being mostly responsible for today’s slow job growth, especially when he wants to retain a good chunk of those tax cuts.

To bolster his case about unfairness, the president is also relying on a suspect statistic about billionaires paying as little as 1 percent in taxes. Even if true, it is a clearly a rare event. Moreover, it is certainly surprising that the White House would rely on such a dubious, unverified source for a major presidential address.

Three Pinocchios

pinocchio_3.jpg

Last edited:

Sorry, I didn't realize you were using a completely useless criterion for your evaulation of his integrity.

How is it useless?

Forum List

Back