Redding Calif is burning.

I am 13 miles east of Chico. Up in the mountains.

You said you already had your bags packed, Gracie IMHO you need to GTFO it is best to be safe than sorry as The Irish Ram comments you do not want to get into the situation of being trapped with no escape route, you never know when the winds are going to turn and carry the wild fire in a new direction and you don't want to be trapped if they carry it nearer to you. Also keep in touch with any State Officials and also keep listening to any updates which I am sure they are having.

Get you, Mr. Gracie and all the animals in the auto and GTFO, hopefully you can all be accommodated in a hotel for a few days or perhaps a week.

Much as I hate to do it...here is a cnn report.

Watch the vid. Mesmerizing and scarey all at once.
I am gassed up and ready to roll if it starts heading this way. And if not this particular fire..any other that happens near me. This is a major fire zone during fire season. Never had to worry about it when I lived at the beach. Here? Whole new ballgame.

Carr Fire moves into Redding, California; 2 killed - CNN

Not good, horrific. Is this a natural wild fire or arson? I know that idiots start some of these fires deliberate, IMHO they should be executed in many parts of the World at one point Arson was a Capital Offence.

Stay safe Gracie and Mr. Gracie, sending whatever positive vibes and also prayers for you and everyone and of course the BRAVE fire fighters who are so SELFLESS they go into these infernos, how they do it I don't know, they are very special human beings.
Local news is KRCR and Action News. Both said a faulty car started the blaze. Which means...sparks from the underside I guess. Some idiots like to tow trailers and boats and shit with chains...which drags on the pavement, which causes sparks. I don't know what "faulty car" means and they don't either. The fires down south were from some asshole tossing flares out his window. He has been arrested.
Anyway...it is starting to head east INTO redding. And no...tahoe is not far.
westwall ...I know you are somewhere in that area....you stay safe too!!!

I was texting with my friends in Lake Tahoe, they say at the moment everything is okay there so hopefully it stays that way.

That POS with the flares out of his window, good he has been arrested as I comment IMHO he should be executed, deliberate Arson should be again a Capital Crime.

We are a long way away from the fire. That being said we have our own issues with TRPA and clearing out the dead underbrush. The entire Tahoe Basin is a time bomb waiting to go off.

Meanwhile...drifter knows how to reach me...so does kat.
I live in Paradise Calif. If you hear on the news we are being evac'd....then you know we be gonersville southwest...to the coast!

We don't own much. My pc brain...fuck the monitor. MrGracies flat screen tv, two guns, ammo, our meds, the cat, important papers already stored in a box (no reason to unpack them since we have been living out of bins and suitcases the past year and a half), my furkids ashes in a box they are in, grab a few clothes (vans are already stocked with spare clothes and blankets), and swing by to pick up my friend, her two cats, 5 chickens, and Casey the dog. We be good to go!

Oh...and both vehicles are filled up with gas. We keep it that way and have been since we moved here.

Oh, and be sure your friend already has the animals secured. I don’t know how many people that lost their pets evacuating Big Island due to the volcano as they freaked out and got away last minute.

It's name the 'Carr Fire' because it was started close to the Carr Powerhouse near Whisketown Lake. Local news say it was a vehicle mechanical problem but it is locally known that a trailer blew a tire which may have caused sparks. The trailer was unhitched and the driver fled. That's the story anyway. Gov. Brown got it declared a national disaster by Washington yesterday after losses came up to criteria. Now the State has access to more planes, FEMA, aid, etc. Just over 80k acres, 500 structures destroyed. Fire size doubled since yesterday, 5% contained, down from 15%. Here's Cal Fire link with active fire map.

http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/incidentdetails/Index/2164

Last edited:
Much as I hate to do it...here is a cnn report.

Watch the vid. Mesmerizing and scarey all at once.
I am gassed up and ready to roll if it starts heading this way. And if not this particular fire..any other that happens near me. This is a major fire zone during fire season. Never had to worry about it when I lived at the beach. Here? Whole new ballgame.

Carr Fire moves into Redding, California; 2 killed - CNN
Save as many animals as you can.

Latest: Firelines are holding in downtown Redding, fire is spreading in unincorporated areas outside the City. Spreadi

Latest: 38,000 evacuated, 3 confirmed civilian deaths, looting has become an issue with one arrest of a parolee. 3500 firefighters on the ground in Shasta County. As of 9:25 PDT. Dedicated firefighting to stop spread to the East toward central Redding.

Latest: 38,000 evacuated, 3 confirmed civilian deaths, looting has become an issue with one arrest of a parolee. 3500 firefighters on the ground in Shasta County. As of 9:25 PDT. Dedicated firefighting to stop spread to the East toward central Redding.

Tragic for the family. Hopefully they can save the downtown area.

Forum List

Back