Redding Calif is burning.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
I am about an hour and a half away...south of Redding. If that thing gets within an hour of me..we are outta here. Scarey shit. That city has 90K people and ALL are bailing out of there. CHP tweeted "fire is out of control. LEAVE".
Even the firefighters have stopped trying to stop it and now are focusing on getting all those people out of there.
I feel for the citizens..and the animals...that are going to be suffering over this horrible fire.

37366388_1767239836686920_543503260628025344_n.jpg

Fire-truck-redding.png

gallery_xlarge.jpg

636681992006599898-IMG-7085.jpg

3831452_1280x720.jpg

News so far is that Whiskeytown, west of Redding..it burned. Gone. Looks like Redding will be the same. Dayum!
It didn't help that it was 115 degrees today in Redding. It was 105 where I am. This is atrocious AWFUL weather here during the summer. AWFUL. I hate it.

carr.jpg

When the fire jumped the Sacramento River....it spelled the doom of Redding.

And for those who plan to come in here and be snarky...this state is my home. Bad, good, doesn't matter. A lot of people will lose EVERYTHING they have...and the poor animals...wild and tame...will die. If you can't say a prayer for those folks....don't say anything at all, please.

I am about an hour and a half away...south of Redding. If that thing gets within an hour of me..we are outta here. Scarey shit. That city has 90K people and ALL are bailing out of there. CHP tweeted "fire is out of control. LEAVE".
Even the firefighters have stopped trying to stop it and now are focusing on getting all those people out of there.
I feel for the citizens..and the animals...that are going to be suffering over this horrible fire.

What is this wild fire natural or arson? Or both? WTF Gracie not good, please you and Mr. Gracie stay safe, will say prayers for you and yes if that thing gets within an hour of you then GTFO.

Last time I was there was 1982. It doesn't appear to have changed much.

Thanks for all the info, "Gracie". Vacationed there a few years ago and had considered going there again this year. Guess we made the right decision not to.

Good luck and be safe.

Check in Gracie when you can to let us know you are okay and what is happening.

I've been through Redding many times. Nice place.

REALLY hot though (because of it's geographical location).

Hope things work out for them.

Much as I hate to do it...here is a cnn report.

Watch the vid. Mesmerizing and scarey all at once.
I am gassed up and ready to roll if it starts heading this way. And if not this particular fire..any other that happens near me. This is a major fire zone during fire season. Never had to worry about it when I lived at the beach. Here? Whole new ballgame.

Carr Fire moves into Redding, California; 2 killed - CNN

Be careful out there. I was swept up in wildfire season last year and evacuated for 3 days. The fire redirected just under a mile away from my town. Scary stuff.

It has already killed two of the firefighters as well. A truly horrible disaster for all involved.

I didn't realize that this fire was in Shasta National Park. What a shame. I loved that area. Once the fire reaches the floor of the valley, the real concern would likely be on its flanks as it tries to spread west-southwest and east-southeast.

Forum List

Back