Redding Calif is burning.

Much as I hate to do it...here is a cnn report.

Watch the vid. Mesmerizing and scarey all at once.
I am gassed up and ready to roll if it starts heading this way. And if not this particular fire..any other that happens near me. This is a major fire zone during fire season. Never had to worry about it when I lived at the beach. Here? Whole new ballgame.

Carr Fire moves into Redding, California; 2 killed - CNN

Not good, horrific. Is this a natural wild fire or arson? I know that idiots start some of these fires deliberate, IMHO they should be executed in many parts of the World at one point Arson was a Capital Offence.

Stay safe Gracie and Mr. Gracie, sending whatever positive vibes and also prayers for you and everyone and of course the BRAVE fire fighters who are so SELFLESS they go into these infernos, how they do it I don't know, they are very special human beings.

I am gassed up and ready to roll if it starts heading this way. And if not this particular fire..any other that happens near me. This is a major fire zone during fire season. Never had to worry about it when I lived at the beach. Here? Whole new ballgame.

I have friends in Lake Tahoe they live there, I hope this thing doesn't go their way.

I am about an hour and a half away...south of Redding. If that thing gets within an hour of me..we are outta here. Scarey shit. That city has 90K people and ALL are bailing out of there. CHP tweeted "fire is out of control. LEAVE".
Even the firefighters have stopped trying to stop it and now are focusing on getting all those people out of there.
I feel for the citizens..and the animals...that are going to be suffering over this horrible fire.
Green Is the Color of Their Daddies' Money

It's all caused by treehugging girlymen who are offended by the manly sweat of lumberjacks. With forests being put to use to provide products to normal people, working people would be out there all the time and in every area. Fires would be put out before doing any damage. But since Enviros are the undergrowth of the self-appointed ruling class, no medium is allowed to condemn them for this arson through negligence. These spoiled and empowered degenerates want to preserve the wilderness as sinkholes for vermin and vegetation.

HUMAN LIFE must come FIRST, human life must take paramount importance over Tree Hugging concerns.

I sincerely hope everything turns out fine for you.

Stay safe Gracie - horrible to see another big fire in CA.

I have friends in Lake Tahoe they live there, I hope this thing doesn't go their way.
I lived for 17 years in Sacramento and 11 years on the SF Bay Area.

Tahoe is nearly a couple hundred miles apart from Redding/Shasta. If this fire makes it to Tahoe, the entire eastern mountain range of the central valley would be ablaze.

Not good, horrific. Is this a natural wild fire or arson? I know that idiots start some of these fires deliberate, IMHO they should be executed in many parts of the World at one point Arson was a Capital Offence.

Stay safe Gracie and Mr. Gracie, sending whatever positive vibes and also prayers for you and everyone and of course the BRAVE fire fighters who are so SELFLESS they go into these infernos, how they do it I don't know, they are very special human beings.
Local news is KRCR and Action News. Both said a faulty car started the blaze. Which means...sparks from the underside I guess. Some idiots like to tow trailers and boats and shit with chains...which drags on the pavement, which causes sparks. I don't know what "faulty car" means and they don't either. The fires down south were from some asshole tossing flares out his window. He has been arrested.
Anyway...it is starting to head east INTO redding. And no...tahoe is not far.
westwall ...I know you are somewhere in that area....you stay safe too!!!

I am about an hour and a half away...south of Redding. If that thing gets within an hour of me..we are outta here. Scarey shit. That city has 90K people and ALL are bailing out of there. CHP tweeted "fire is out of control. LEAVE".
Even the firefighters have stopped trying to stop it and now are focusing on getting all those people out of there.
I feel for the citizens..and the animals...that are going to be suffering over this horrible fire.

It has already killed two of the firefighters as well. A truly horrible disaster for all involved.
Ah! There you are! I was thinking about you.

Local news is KRCR and Action News. Both said a faulty car started the blaze. Which means...sparks from the underside I guess. Some idiots like to tow trailers and boats and shit with chains...which drags on the pavement, which causes sparks. I don't know what "faulty car" means and they don't either. The fires down south were from some asshole tossing flares out his window. He has been arrested.
Anyway...it is starting to head east INTO redding. And no...tahoe is not far.
westwall ...I know you are somewhere in that area....you stay safe too!!!

I was texting with my friends in Lake Tahoe, they say at the moment everything is okay there so hopefully it stays that way.

That POS with the flares out of his window, good he has been arrested as I comment IMHO he should be executed, deliberate Arson should be again a Capital Crime.

I worked for CDF during the summer of 71 and fought at least two fires in that very area.

The manzanita and digger pine are downright explosive!

This is terrible.

My family has had connections to the area for almost 90 years.

This is terrible.

My family has had connections to the area for almost 90 years.

Yes terrible for humans and the animals, very scary the pictures are Apocalyptic. If the monster gets near then they should GTFO, you can replace brick and mortar, you can replace possessions, you cannot replace lives, so they should to be safe GTFO.

Tornadoes. But not like usual ones. These are made from the flames. Trees uprooted, cars being moved around.
So far where I am...all is quiet but the air is awful. Smokey, ashy and makes my chest hurt a bit. So, I stay inside. Too hot to go outside anyway. How california is not a desert state beats me. The valley from north tip to south tip is nothing BUT an oven during the summers. Its awful I HATE it here. Except the winter, spring and fall. Summers are just horrendous.

I have the car ready..just in case. And it is not just me and Mr Gracie now. Its Casey the golden retriever, his owner, her two cats and possibly 5 chickens. Plus our cat. And some of her stuff.

I so wish I could go home for a month or two.

Tornadoes. But not like usual ones. These are made from the flames. Trees uprooted, cars being moved around.
So far where I am...all is quiet but the air is awful. Smokey, ashy and makes my chest hurt a bit. So, I stay inside. Too hot to go outside anyway. How california is not a desert state beats me. The valley from north tip to south tip is nothing BUT an oven during the summers. Its awful I HATE it here. Except the winter, spring and fall. Summers are just horrendous.

I have the car ready..just in case. And it is not just me and Mr Gracie now. Its Casey the golden retriever, his owner, her two cats and possibly 5 chickens. Plus our cat. And some of her stuff.

I so wish I could go home for a month or two.

Here is map, you can see Redding and Lake Tahoe the distance, not sure what way the winds are carrying the wild fires up or down:

california.gif

Don't piss around Gracie. Gather your family and leave for a few days. I worry you may have an escape route for now, but it might be on fire when you try to leave. Stay in touch with the officials, and don't go to bed hoping that you'll be ok.
Keep coming back to this thread to let me know you are ok.

Forum List

Back