Recipe ideas???

My mom used to make this dish that we all loved...it never had a name. We called it "Noodles & cottage cheese".

It was a huge stock pot of egg noodles, sauteed onions, and cottage cheese all hot & melty...add celery salt and regular salt.
Onions MUST be sauteed before they go into the pot!!! (I made that mistake once). Best to leave the cottage cheese out for an hour so it ain't so cold when it goes into the pot.

But...but...but...hot dogs and beer go together like peanutbutter & jelly! Like champagne and caviar...like starski & hutch!

I don't drink beer, but I have cooked with it and used as a marinade......BUT......try telling that to the cashier. I don't think she believed me. Ohhhhh weeeellll

They work for someone that dont make biscuits! lol
I am about to try to get in to bread and noodle making, though. I think my christmas present to myself is going to be ;a dough and noodle maker thingy.

Noodles always seemed like a lot of tedious work, but I could be wrong. I've never really messed with trying to make them from scratch. I just get a box. Ha.

Baking is a good skillset to have, though.

yep. I want to teach myself how to make all kinds of breads. And noodles.

Noodles always seemed like a lot of tedious work, but I could be wrong. I've never really messed with trying to make them from scratch. I just get a box. Ha.

Baking is a good skillset to have, though.

Homemade Noodles from scratch aren't that hard and only takes flour, salt and eggs......though some recipes also include oil or butter. Mix the dough and roll it out and cut it. You can even make extra and leave it out to dry and store for later. Just make sure the air gets to all of it. Like if you put it on a cookie sheet or other flat surface, you'd need to turn it once in a while OR get a noodle hanger. Then you'd really look professional :laugh:

Don't you have a bad heart and seeing a cardiologist???

And I wouldn't call my heart "bad"...it's getting much goodlier!

Been adding 50 steps of jogging to my 1.5 mile walks.
Can mow the lawn for 2.5 hours all at once.
Now that my (sawed open) chest has healed I've finally started pumping iron again.

So far this summer I have...
Stained the tool shed.
Picked up 40 yard bags of sticks & leaves from my yard.
Stained my deck.
Put a new roof on my dog house.
Painted the dog house.
Planted/harvested a garden.
And I'm almost half way done with painting the exterior of my house.

Not bad for a single summer eh? :D

Pretty much everything/anything.......except of course the bread, biscuits or fish at the moment.

Mostly looking for ideas to mix up the routine.

salsbury steak ( for 2 )

1/2 lb hamburger or ground turkey
2 condensed cans cream of mushroom soup
dehydrated minced onion or finely chopped fresh
bread crumbs
2 sm or 1 large can unsalted mushrooms w/water removed as much as possible
PAM spray & medium ( preferably non stick/copper) skillet

mix meat, a couple tablespoons soup, onion*** ( base on your taste ) & bread crumbs ( enough to firm up ) make 2 oval shaped patties & place in skillet - brown on both sides - add remaining soup, spoon some on top & all sides, add mushrooms.

cover & cook on med/low 10 minutes, stirring soup mixture occasionally . turn & cook 10 more minutes.

serve over noodles or rice.

*** if you use dehydrated onion - it's best to prepare the meat mixture in the morning, so the onion flakes will soften.

Last edited:
Homemade Noodles from scratch aren't that hard and only takes flour, salt and eggs......though some recipes also include oil or butter. Mix the dough and roll it out and cut it. You can even make extra and leave it out to dry and store for later. Just make sure the air gets to all of it. Like if you put it on a cookie sheet or other flat surface, you'd need to turn it once in a while OR get a noodle hanger. Then you'd really look professional :laugh:

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna stay with the boxed noodles. lol. I don't eat many noodles anyway. Maybe some stuffed shells or lasagna.

But...I'll bet it's really good the way that you do it. Sounds like yo uplace a lot of tlc into it.

They work for someone that dont make biscuits! lol
I am about to try to get in to bread and noodle making, though. I think my christmas present to myself is going to be ;a dough and noodle maker thingy.

I just made this. I'm tearin it up right now, man. I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight, no doubt about it.

IMG_7602 copy.jpg

IMG_7603 copy.jpg

IMG_7604.jpg

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna stay with the boxed noodles. lol. I don't eat many noodles anyway. Maybe some stuffed shells or lasagna.

But...I'll bet it's really good the way that you do it. Sounds like yo uplace a lot of tlc into it.

I just remember my Gma making them but I've never made them YET, but it is on my to do list.

Can’t Cook, Won’t Cook? Here Are the Tips That Saved Me From a Life of Terrible Meals​

I used to survive on tinned lentils, microwaved eggs and the kindness of more gifted cooks. Then I learned to pull my weight in the kitchen – and if I can do it, so can anyone

Can’t Cook, Won’t Cook? Here Are the Tips That Saved Me From a Life of Terrible Meals​

I used to survive on tinned lentils, microwaved eggs and the kindness of more gifted cooks. Then I learned to pull my weight in the kitchen – and if I can do it, so can anyone​

I can cook, it's just trying to come up with some new ideas now & then to get out of that 'same old rut' when nothing sounds good

Forum List

Back