Recipe ideas???

splain this one to me????

Beer-cheese with bacon fondue.

Start by getting a nice loaf of asiago cheese bread to rip into chunks and dip in the fondue.

You need a foil tray that looks like a small bread pan...place on a cookie sheet (for support). Use a foil tray so you can throw it away or clean-up will be a real bitch! .

Pour in 3/4 of a bottle of killians irish red (beer). Cut up a 1 pound block of colby cheese (or mild cheddar) and toss it in...add a package or 2 of bacon bits (your choice). Throw in a little parmasian cheese, black pepper, celery salt and a pinch of garlic salt.

Cover tightly with foil and bake low & slow (225 for an hour...until the cheese is melted).

Once the cheese is melted you slowly stir & if watery (too much beer) add croutons until proper melty consistency is reached.

Then start dunking bread chunks into the beer-cheese fondue and snarfing them down while making piggy noises :D

I had to look that up.........eggplant????? Nope
Actually breaded and fried eggplant served with marinara sauce and parmesan, i.e. eggplant parmesan, is really good. I didn't think I liked it either until I had some and now that's what I usually order in Italian restaurants. Not to sure about toobfreak's recipe but if it was served to me I would taste it. I'm always looking for new ideas too.

I had to look that up.........eggplant????? Nope

It tastes nothing like eggplant when finished. Food of the gods.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fhips.hearstapps.com%2Fhmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fimages%2Fdelish-190605-babaghanoush-276-landscape-pf-1560443633.jpg%3Fcrop%3D1xw%3A0.7498446239900559xh%3Bcenter%2Ctop%26resize%3D1200%3A*&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=215e7d29a0a9485aea9481e984cfb038a0d64532d70e14da15ee95868e9a8002&ipo=images

I have been making "meatball dippers" i guess you could call them.
I make my normal, quick, spaghetti sauce. Which is crushed tomatoes, a tad bit of sugar, basil, parsley, pepper, garlic and onion. Make my small meatballs, which is just egg, basil, parsley and pepper.
Then i cut up some small chunks of mozzarella.
Flatten out a canned biscuit and rollup the ball and cheese. Air fry, and boom! Dip em in the sauce and you have an easy dinner. Tastes great and is fun. A good rolled biscuit with hold the grease, so i just kind of squeeze them a bit before eating lol.
Ive also done it with chicken and cheese. Which was good. We dipped those in marinara or ranch.
Im even thinking about making barria tacos like that instead of the typical tortilla.

Too much work..

I just eat cucumber and lettuce sandwiches.

German bread is the best.

It tastes nothing like eggplant when finished. Food of the gods.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fhips.hearstapps.com%2Fhmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fimages%2Fdelish-190605-babaghanoush-276-landscape-pf-1560443633.jpg%3Fcrop%3D1xw%3A0.7498446239900559xh%3Bcenter%2Ctop%26resize%3D1200%3A*&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=215e7d29a0a9485aea9481e984cfb038a0d64532d70e14da15ee95868e9a8002&ipo=images

I'm sure you're right that it tastes good and all..........but I think I'll pass cause that looks like it's already been eaten and I can't tell which end that came out of.

Actually breaded and fried eggplant served with marinara sauce and parmesan, i.e. eggplant parmesan, is really good. I didn't think I liked it either until I had some and now that's what I usually order in Italian restaurants. Not to sure about toobfreak's recipe but if it was served to me I would taste it. I'm always looking for new ideas too.

I tried eggplant just once and didn't like it.....though I will admit it was probably my own failure of not knowing how best to prepare it. But it's still not something I will cook again.

Now if I were a guest at someone else's table and eggplant was served, I may venture to try it and maybe even like it, but I probably won't make it again

You sound like my wife and I. We seem to be tired of everything. Nothing really sounds good any more. Nowadays we would be satisfied with soup or sandwiches rather than make the dishes we use to think were so great.

I think so.

I had a gun tutorial last time l was in the USofA.
You have never reloaded ammo in your life, have you?

If you did you would know that it is impossible to load .308 to NATO specs because NATO uses 7.62 x 51 brass that is thicker and can take higher pressures.

That is OK. I forgive your ignorance. As a win for you women are better at complaining about menopause than men because men are not afflicted with it.

You have never reloaded ammo in your life, have you?

If you did you would know that it is impossible to load .308 to NATO specs because NATO uses 7.62 x 51 brass that is thicker and can take higher pressures.

That is OK. I forgive your ignorance. As a win for you women are better at complaining about menopause than men because men are not afflicted with it.

1 Well l loaded something. I was with a group.

2 I wasn’t afflicted with it either. Some women aren’t.

Forum List

Back