Recipe ideas???

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
HELP.......I'm at that point of needing some new & fresh ideas for supper. We've already had tacos, pizza, stir fry/Asian, burgers, steaks, fried chicken, ribs, pork chops, etc

Nothing sounds good. I'm stumped and in a funk.

Any great ideas that are easy, tasty and atleast somewhat healthy???

I have been making "meatball dippers" i guess you could call them.
I make my normal, quick, spaghetti sauce. Which is crushed tomatoes, a tad bit of sugar, basil, parsley, pepper, garlic and onion. Make my small meatballs, which is just egg, basil, parsley and pepper.
Then i cut up some small chunks of mozzarella.
Flatten out a canned biscuit and rollup the ball and cheese. Air fry, and boom! Dip em in the sauce and you have an easy dinner. Tastes great and is fun. A good rolled biscuit with hold the grease, so i just kind of squeeze them a bit before eating lol.
Ive also done it with chicken and cheese. Which was good. We dipped those in marinara or ranch.
Im even thinking about making barria tacos like that instead of the typical tortilla.

I have been making "meatball dippers" i guess you could call them.
I make my normal, quick, spaghetti sauce. Which is crushed tomatoes, a tad bit of sugar, basil, parsley, pepper, garlic and onion. Make my small meatballs, which is just egg, basil, parsley and pepper.
Then i cut up some small chunks of mozzarella.
Flatten out a canned biscuit and rollup the ball and cheese. Air fry, and boom! Dip em in the sauce and you have an easy dinner. Tastes great and is fun. A good rolled biscuit with hold the grease, so i just kind of squeeze them a bit before eating lol.
Ive also done it with chicken and cheese. Which was good. We dipped those in marinara or ranch.
Im even thinking about making barria tacos like that instead of the typical tortilla.

Those do sound good......but more of a snack than a meal.

And I've ever tired the canned biscuits in the air fryer. Hmmmmm, maybe next time I go to the store I'll pick some up and give this a try. Thanks

Soup and Sandwich with a few potato chips and a dill pickle is always good.

Yes, but no bread at the moment and don't want to go to the store yet. Have too much else to do around here. Thanks for the idea, it will be added to the rotation

Meatloaf!

My recipe is customized by my dear old dad. It has onions, garlic, mushrooms, bread crumbs, tomato sauce, eggs, parsley, salt and pep - and of course ground beef. I mainly make it because the leftovers are faboo for sammiches.

Meatloaf!

My recipe is customized by my dear old dad. It has onions, garlic, mushrooms, bread crumbs, tomato sauce, eggs, parsley, salt and pep - and of course ground beef. I mainly make it because the leftovers are faboo for sammiches.

meatloaf is in my top 3 'comfort' foods ...

mac & cheese is number 1 & good thin crust neapolitan pizza is #2.

Meatloaf!

I dont do fungus, but that sounds good!
I smoked a meatloaf a couple weeks ago. Used raspberry bbq sauce for the topping. It was so freakin good! The raspberry was a bit much, so next time I wont use it. But just regular bbq sauce? Ohhhh yeahhhh

This time of year, there's always lots of eggs and squash around my house. How about defrosting some hot dogs, cut them into medallions and put them in scrambled eggs. For a starter, make a dip from yogurt and dill or whatever you got and dip the squash.

I get goodly ideas from the frozen food section. I look at all the different microwavable meals & recreate some of them at home with my own flare.

The soups can give you some goodly ideas as well.

(like Mac N cheese made with rigatoni, 4 cheeses, and ham).

(or a bed of mashed potatoes, topped with boneless chicken breast (which I had cooked already) & top the whole thing with a can of campbells broccoli-cheese soup and toss it in the oven for 30 minutes).

Forum List

Back