Really, GOP?

I cannot speak for all of the right. However, I have always said that there is no American President or citizen who can take the blame for any terrorist attack.

In other words I do not blame anyone other than the terrorists themselves...

So put away the broad brush, you will probably find that many from both sides agree with me.

put away the broad brush??

That coming from the guy who posted this,

is beyond absurd.

Furthermore, it would be easier to put away the broad brush if right wingers weren't changing their views based purely on the poltiical affiliation of the focus of the discussion.

Obama has been blamed by the right for every attack that has occured on his watch.

In answer to this:
Everything is based on pure political expediency for them and it doesn't matter what they used to believe because they always feel justified in their hypocrisy or they just pretend that they never said it.

Do you actually believe that you are making sense?? Why don't you try slowing down and actually responding to my questions and what I actually wrote instead of jumping in halfcocked and exposing your own hypocrisy as you say "put away the broad brush" even as you use it to label the left as whole?

BTW I was responding to a stand alone post by you but you cut something from our other discussion and pulled it into this one. Why is that?? How is it a response to anything that I said??

President Barack Obama’s leadership on national security was attacked by potential Republican challengers in the primary season’s first debate

He kept us safe for four years and caught bin Laden. You should love this guy

Or is there another problem?

The problem is that the GOP stalwart issue of National Security will be further eroded by this (on top of 8 years of Iraq) and that drives them batshit crazy.

To be clear, I think Obama deserves credit for his role in the matter, which is authorizing a ballsy raid into a potentially hostile country which, had it failed or had Pakistan scrambled the jets and shot down the helicopters, would have probably cost him re-election.

That's it. After that, the intel piece goes to the CIA, and the tactical piece goes to the guys on the ground.

The fact is, Obama did his job. He deserves credit for that.

He did his job because he knew how bad it would be for his campaign if it got out he passed up the chance.
The intelligence apparatus to find bin Laden has been in place for years and operated independent of obama's control.
When the President was informed that the CIA was fairly certain it had located Osama, there was no way, with wikileaks and all that he could justify (not) approving the mission.
Had it gotten out that, like clinton, obama had passed up the chance to take out bin Laden, the GOP would OWN national security for the next 50 years.

WOW, I can't believe you morons still believe that BS about clinton passing up an opportunity to GET osama. LOL Well when you lok at how the rest of your fiction based post, I guess it's really no surprise what you will make yourself believe.

I would say that Pawlenty had it pretty much dead on.

Great, he speaks in vague generalities with no real specifics and you think that is something to be praised?? LOL

You have just described President Obama's total political life. And you wonder why we aren't praising him...

Thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy of the right. They praise their own when they speak in vague generalites but when they accuse obama of speaking in vague generalities they don't offer him the same consideration.

Thanks again.

Obama's a lying pussy and any of you fucks that voted for him need to spit that white stuff out of your mouth.

He should be attacked for his lying ass shit by ANYONE with a brain. But you hang onto your political party, bub. Suits you.
What are you babbling about, 'tard?

You seem to have forgotten the many instances where I've pointed out that I was a Paul supporter in '08 and that I'm actually registered as a Republican

Are you ever not a retarded partisan hack?

Last edited:
I love the oft-repeated "Bush kept this country safe for 7 years!".

Nevermind that he was president for 8 years, not 7. and that one year cons always leave out? The worst attack on US soil in history.

Fact are facts. He did keep us safe for seven years.

Bush was barely in office when 9-11 occurred so does that mean we should blame Clinton who was in office for 8 years prior to Bush when the op was being planned?? Jesus. He should have known. After all it was on his watch.

Me? I'm gonna blame the dirtbags who killed 3,000 people.

Barely in office?? Ruby ridge happened BEFORE clinton was even elected and yet for years the right blamed him for that. On August 21, 1992 (clinton wasn't even elected yet.)

Janet reno hadn't yet been confirmed when waco started and yet the right attacks both her and clinton over that. The Waco siege began on February 28, 1993 (that is "barely in office")

The first WTC bombing occured a little over a month after clinton tookoffice and there are those in this very thread trying to bring that up and blame clinton. The 1993 World Trade Center bombing occurred on February 26, 1993 (that is "barely in office")

Bush was in office for almost 8 months and yet you guys are so desperate to defend him you willfully forget your previous standards as you try to claim bush was "barely in office" when you refused to apply that standard to a democrat.

BTW how LONG of a cushion should an incoming president get??

Does that apply to ALL presidents or only rightwingers who you wish to give a pass to??

Furthermore, the planning of 9/11 CONTINUED on W's watch so please don't be so blatantly dishonest and claim that it was planned only on clinton's watch.

OH and the new line where ONLY a republican is concerned is that "I'm gonna blame the dirtbags" and yet we have already seen with recent terrorist attempts and attacks how the right has used them to try to blame obama for failing to keep us safe.
So it's hilarious how you choose to blame the perpetrators when a republican is president and yet you rightwingers jump at the chance to blame the president when he is a democrat.

Powerful!

kapow.jpg

President Barack Obama’s leadership on national security was attacked by potential Republican challengers in the primary season’s first debate

We should love a guy that is alienating the intellectual elite in Europe?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/06/world/europe/06europe.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Obama’s fickle European fans - PostPartisan - The Washington Post

Aren't we supposed to hate people that do that? Does that only apply if the last name is Bush?

What, besides alienating the entire world, am I supposed to admire about Obama's foreign policy?
Interesting that you're embracing the NYT and the "Intellectual Elite in Europe".

Derangement and politics make strange bedfellows..:lol:

These nimwits campaigned on "Bush Kept us Safe!" for what...6, 7 years?

All of a sudden national security isn't an issue any more.

Hmmph....

It's not an issue that Obama can run on since he's trying to damage national security. How does prosecuting CIA agents, vowing to close Gitmo and staging trials for terrorists in New York city promote national security?

Perhaps the same way Bush attacked the border problem by putting two of our border patrol agenst in jail for doing their jobs?

Hmmph....

It's not an issue that Obama can run on since he's trying to damage national security. How does prosecuting CIA agents, vowing to close Gitmo and staging trials for terrorists in New York city promote national security?

Perhaps the same way Bush attacked the border problem by putting two of our border patrol agenst in jail for doing their jobs?

That's gonna leave a mark.

Add in to say..There's been more deportations, more military on the border and less illegal immigration during President Obama's administration then the previous one.

He's doing every single thing the Conservatives want..without making a big deal about it.:lol:

We should love a guy that is alienating the intellectual elite in Europe?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/06/world/europe/06europe.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Obama’s fickle European fans - PostPartisan - The Washington Post

Aren't we supposed to hate people that do that? Does that only apply if the last name is Bush?

What, besides alienating the entire world, am I supposed to admire about Obama's foreign policy?

Wait a second. What the world thinks.matters now? That goes against the talking point from.the right.
I love this need to justify everything by never really sticking to a common set of princples.
Its a revolving door to whatever fits for the moment.

I am not the one being inconsistent, you are. I personally think that some people are going to hate us no matter what we do, but you idiots on the left always want people to like us. You are the ones that were talking about how much nicer the world is now that Obama is president and people like us again. Deal with the fact that they still hate us, or admit you are a lying hypocrite. Those are your choices, I already made mine.

Well, at least you agree: Bush kept us safe for 7 years. the other year was the year of the biggest attack on US soil in history.

never said it wasn't now did I. I said Clinton got lucky or that COULD OF BEEN THE WORST.
But let's just forget that the World Trade Center Building were BOMBED before 9/11. UNDER CLINTONS WATCH.

Bush got lucky that none of the attacks planned after 9.11 worked.

See how easy that was?

Bush got lucky?

I seem to remember that there were plenty of attacks after 9/11 that were successful, only one of which was directed at the US. That gives me a choice between believing that Bush got lucky that everyone that planned an attack on us was totally incompetent, and that every US intelligence agency managed to trip over cracks in the sidewalk and fall into these plots and stop them, or that someone did a good job preventing them.

On the other hand, since Obama was elected there have been two attacks where the it is conclusively demonstrated that the only reason they did not work was that we got lucky. You can choose to interpret that as Bush being a complete incompetent that got lucky, and that Obama has kept us safe, but no one with a brain is going to believe that.

Hmmph....

Oh and don't forget how W got saddam either.

It's funny how republicans tend to flip flop when what used to be their core belief structure turns out to benefit the left.

Two weeks ago according to the right everything was obama's fault because he is the president and it's wrong to "look back" and try to blame his predecessor.

NOW, their argument is that he is JUST the president and it's not as if he actually did anything. Oh and BTW we chould credit W for his part in getting osama even though he has been out of office for over two years and we can't hold him accountable for the crap he left behind after he left office.

Everything is based on pure political expediency for them and it doesn't matter what they used to believe because they always feel justified in their hypocrisy or they just pretend that they never said it.

When, exactly does something become the fault of the president that is in office? I am quite willing to lay the responsibility for 9/11 on Bush even though he was not in office a year when it happened. I would do so even if it happened 5 minutes after he was sworn in because I understand that, even though shit rolls downhill, responsibility starts, and ends, at the top. Bush actually understood that, and never tried to blame Clinton for the mistakes that were made under his watch, he just accepted the mess was his problem and dealt with it.

Obama, on the other hand, has been in office over tow years, and everything that is bad is Bush's fault. He has not once stood up and accepted responsibility for anything because he inherited a mess. Guess what, he did not inherit anything. He ran for office knowing exactly how bad things were, and never once said that he thought the mess was to big for him to handle. The Left jumped all over McCain because he admitted he did not understand the economy. They then argued that, because Obama graduated from Harvard Law School, he was smart enough to understand complex subjects like the economy, and that was why we should all vote for him.

Now, when it is evident he has no more idea of how the economy works than McCain, it is all Bush's fault. Yet, somehow, I am the fool and a racist because I don't get it.

Can anyone explain to me what it is I do not get?

The problem is that the GOP stalwart issue of National Security will be further eroded by this (on top of 8 years of Iraq) and that drives them batshit crazy.

To be clear, I think Obama deserves credit for his role in the matter, which is authorizing a ballsy raid into a potentially hostile country which, had it failed or had Pakistan scrambled the jets and shot down the helicopters, would have probably cost him re-election.

That's it. After that, the intel piece goes to the CIA, and the tactical piece goes to the guys on the ground.

You think it was ballsy because Pakistan might have shot down the helicopters? Does that mean you actually believe the White House line about them not discussing this with Pakistan? Can you explain how we managed to fly two helicopters into the middle of a military garrison and conduct a hour long raid on a private compound without anyone responding, including the local police?

never said it wasn't now did I. I said Clinton got lucky or that COULD OF BEEN THE WORST.
But let's just forget that the World Trade Center Building were BOMBED before 9/11. UNDER CLINTONS WATCH.

Bush got lucky that none of the attacks planned after 9.11 worked.

See how easy that was?

Bush got lucky?

I seem to remember that there were plenty of attacks after 9/11 that were successful, only one of which was directed at the US..
There were plenty of attacks directed at US soil during the Clinton years as well. Remind me again: How many succeeded?

There have been several plots uncovered since Obama took office. Remind me again: How many succeeded?

You think it was ballsy because Pakistan might have shot down the helicopters? Does that mean you actually believe the White House line about them not discussing this with Pakistan? Can you explain how we managed to fly two helicopters into the middle of a military garrison and conduct a hour long raid on a private compound without anyone responding, including the local police?

Who said the local police didn't respond?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that local police would have decided to let the operation continue when 40 heavily armed Navy Seals approached in stealth helicopters that had more firepower than the entire police force had ever seen.

So are you actually trying to claim that no one on the left has not ONE problem with libya??

Can you prove that claim?? Or if that is NOT what you are saying please calrify and then provide proof to substantiate said claim.

BTW how does your sidestep address what I said?? Oh, you mean it doesn't but thought you would try to change the debate to a topic more suited to your spin?

Got it.

First part of my post was directed at your last paragraph. Don't tell me about painting with your broad brush.

And the second part is simple fact.

So no answer to my questions?

Furthermore, it's ok for you to paint with a broad brush as you talk about the left as a whole but those of us on the left can't do the same?? Thanks for the hypocrisy.

Furthermore, the fact that you CLAIM that you haven't seen anyone refuse to give obama credit doesn't mean that it hasn't happened.

BTW,

oibama did not do one damn thing the men and women who serve in the military did.

and he actually got thanked for saying it. Is one person saying it enough??

Jesus Christ some of you are stupid. I made a comment to show how hypocritical your comment was and now I'm being hypocritical......

Go back and read my posts I've been all over the place telling people this is not a left vs right thing. That getting Usama was nothing but a good thing and not to politicize it. And I've said it to left and right and now I'm the bad guy.

Fuck off.

Last edited:

Hmmph....

Another incident that I was pissed at Bush about.

Forum List

Back