Really, GOP?

President Barack Obama’s leadership on national security was attacked by potential Republican challengers in the primary season’s first debate

He kept us safe for four years and caught bin Laden. You should love this guy

Or is there another problem?

How has he managed to keep us safe for 4 Whole years while only being in office for 20 months? Amazing?

Sure, He got Osama. 1 Good Decision does not make up for poor decision after poor decision. Besides Killing Bid Laden is the Culmination of years of work, much of which would not have even been possible had Obama had his way on issues like Gitmo, and Black sites. You guys want to pin all the Credit on Obama like he is some super hero that is the sole reason we found and killed Osama.

You can try, but Average Americans wont buy it. Obama gets props for making a tough decision to act, and to send in Commandos, but he does not get sole credit for "getting bin Laden"

I also give him major props for the shoot to kill Order I assume he issued. I always said if we find him, We can not take him alive. We can not stand for some show trial where he can make his case to the world. We could not chance liberals trying to make us give him a trail. He needed to be put down, Obama understood it, and took care of business.

If not for him choosing to then dump the body and not show the world conclusive Proof I would call it a home run.

Ditto CM. Years of work is right. Barry handled the endgame. Don't get me wrong. I give Barry high marks for making the decision to kill that dirtbag its just to bad he won't release the pictures.

I was watching Bill the other night and he had a man named Thesson. Thesson had been a speechwriter for Bush. According to him right before Bush left office he was speaking to him about what was in place for the protection of the country. He was worried that whoever was coming in to replace Bush would dismantle it all. According to Thesson Bush told him he wasn't worried about it. Thesson asked him why and Bush replied, "Because he will know what I know."

Bush did keep this country safe for 7 years. No ifs ands or buts about it. Facts are facts.

I love the oft-repeated "Bush kept this country safe for 7 years!".

Nevermind that he was president for 8 years, not 7. and that one year cons always leave out? The worst attack on US soil in history.

How has he managed to keep us safe for 4 Whole years while only being in office for 20 months? Amazing?

Sure, He got Osama. 1 Good Decision does not make up for poor decision after poor decision. Besides Killing Bid Laden is the Culmination of years of work, much of which would not have even been possible had Obama had his way on issues like Gitmo, and Black sites. You guys want to pin all the Credit on Obama like he is some super hero that is the sole reason we found and killed Osama.

You can try, but Average Americans wont buy it. Obama gets props for making a tough decision to act, and to send in Commandos, but he does not get sole credit for "getting bin Laden"

I also give him major props for the shoot to kill Order I assume he issued. I always said if we find him, We can not take him alive. We can not stand for some show trial where he can make his case to the world. We could not chance liberals trying to make us give him a trail. He needed to be put down, Obama understood it, and took care of business.

If not for him choosing to then dump the body and not show the world conclusive Proof I would call it a home run.

Ditto CM. Years of work is right. Barry handled the endgame. Don't get me wrong. I give Barry high marks for making the decision to kill that dirtbag its just to bad he won't release the pictures.

I was watching Bill the other night and he had a man named Thesson. Thesson had been a speechwriter for Bush. According to him right before Bush left office he was speaking to him about what was in place for the protection of the country. He was worried that whoever was coming in to replace Bush would dismantle it all. According to Thesson Bush told him he wasn't worried about it. Thesson asked him why and Bush replied, "Because he will know what I know."

Bush did keep this country safe for 7 years. No ifs ands or buts about it. Facts are facts.

Nevermind that he was president for 8 years, not 7. and that one year cons always leave out? The worst attack on US soil in history.

yeah you all keep saying that. but it just so happen Clinton got lucky the bombing the FIRST TIME of the World trade center go didn't go off as PLANNED.

but hey, lets not think ABOUT THAT ONE. :eusa_whistle:

yeah you all keep saying that. but it just so happen Clinton got lucky the bombing the FIRST TIME of the World trade center go didn't go off as PLANNED.

hmmm...Was the 1st attack on the WTC the worst attack on US soil? no?

OK then. You're just rambling.

The 2nd attack on the WTC was the worst attack on US soil.

And that 1st attack? What happened to the people directly responsible? Hint: They weren't roaming the streets to plan the 2nd attack.

And that 1st attack? What happened to the people directly responsible? Hint: They weren't roaming the streets to plan the 2nd attack.

Whoa, talk about rambling.:cuckoo:

These nimwits campaigned on "Bush Kept us Safe!" for what...6, 7 years?

All of a sudden national security isn't an issue any more.

Hmmph....

National Security wasnt a huge issue in the last campaign either. At least if you were paying attention.

And if you hadn't noticed Bush wasnt running in 2008. No one was running a "Bush kept us safe" campaign.

I'm amazed that you guys can't remember this. I mean it's barely 2 1/2 years ago.

What campaign were YOU watching? Caribou Barbie was the biggest Bush cheerleader there was, and Gramps McCain wanted to simply continue all of Bush's foreign policies????

Well, at least you agree: Bush kept us safe for 7 years. the other year was the year of the biggest attack on US soil in history.

Well, at least you agree: Bush kept us safe for 7 years. the other year was the year of the biggest attack on US soil in history.

never said it wasn't now did I. I said Clinton got lucky or that COULD OF BEEN THE WORST.
But let's just forget that the World Trade Center Building were BOMBED before 9/11. UNDER CLINTONS WATCH.

I would say that Pawlenty had it pretty much dead on.

“He did a good job, and I tip my cap to him in that moment,” former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty said in the debate.

The raid, though, is “not the sum total” of Obama’s national-security record, and in other areas he has been lacking, he said.

Fact are facts. He did keep us safe for seven years.

Bush was barely in office when 9-11 occurred so does that mean we should blame Clinton who was in office for 8 years prior to Bush when the op was being planned?? Jesus. He should have known. After all it was on his watch.

Me? I'm gonna blame the dirtbags who killed 3,000 people.

Last edited:

never said it wasn't now did I. I said Clinton got lucky or that COULD OF BEEN THE WORST.
But let's just forget that the World Trade Center Building were BOMBED before 9/11. UNDER CLINTONS WATCH.

Bush got lucky that none of the attacks planned after 9.11 worked.

See how easy that was?

President Barack Obama’s leadership on national security was attacked by potential Republican challengers in the primary season’s first debate

He hasn't been President for 4 years yet.

If his party had followed the rules, he wouldn't have been president for 4 minutes, much less years.

When have the Dems ever shown they follow the "rules"? The "rules" are for everyone else to follow to the letter...not them. :lol:

Bush was barely in office when 9-11 occurred so does that mean we should blame Clinton who was in office for 8 years prior to Bush when the op was being planned??

Should we blame Reagan and Bush for the 1st WTC attack? Afterall, happened right after Clinton took office.

Bush was barely in office when 9-11 occurred so does that mean we should blame Clinton who was in office for 8 years prior to Bush when the op was being planned??

Should we blame Reagan and Bush for the 1st WTC attack? Afterall, happened right after Clinton took office.

Nope. Anymore than you can blame Bush or Clinton for 9-11.

I'm gonna blame the dirtbags who killed 3,000 people.

Nope. Anymore than you can blame Bush or Clinton for 9-11.

I'm gonna blame the dirtbags who killed 3,000 people.

True dat!:clap2:

If his party had followed the rules, he wouldn't have been president for 4 minutes, much less years.

They follow the Rules.

saulalinksy2.jpg

Want some cheese to go with that whine?? Good grief, this is the second post in two days I have seen (not both from Gunny, mind you), whining about rigged debates and/or broken rules...:(

Hmmph....

Oh and don't forget how W got saddam either.

It's funny how republicans tend to flip flop when what used to be their core belief structure turns out to benefit the left.

Two weeks ago according to the right everything was obama's fault because he is the president and it's wrong to "look back" and try to blame his predecessor.

NOW, their argument is that he is JUST the president and it's not as if he actually did anything. Oh and BTW we chould credit W for his part in getting osama even though he has been out of office for over two years and we can't hold him accountable for the crap he left behind after he left office.

Everything is based on pure political expediency for them and it doesn't matter what they used to believe because they always feel justified in their hypocrisy or they just pretend that they never said it.

Hmmph....

Oh and don't forget how W got saddam either.

It's funny how republicans tend to flip flop when what used to be their core belief structure turns out to benefit the left.

Two weeks ago according to the right everything was obama's fault because he is the president and it's wrong to "look back" and try to blame his predecessor.

NOW, their argument is that he is JUST the president and it's not as if he actually did anything. Oh and BTW we chould credit W for his part in getting osama even though he has been out of office for over two years and we can't hold him accountable for the crap he left behind after he left office.

Everything is based on pure political expediency for them and it doesn't matter what they used to believe because they always feel justified in their hypocrisy or they just pretend that they never said it.

You mean like how the left was all against the war in Iraq but has no problem with Libya?

And I haven't seen anyone not give Obama credit for making a tough call on going after Usama.

Forum List

Back