Really, GOP?

These nimwits campaigned on "Bush Kept us Safe!" for what...6, 7 years?

All of a sudden national security isn't an issue any more.

Hmmph....

It's not an issue that Obama can run on since he's trying to damage national security. How does prosecuting CIA agents, vowing to close Gitmo and staging trials for terrorists in New York city promote national security?

President Barack Obama’s leadership on national security was attacked by potential Republican challengers in the primary season’s first debate

He kept us safe for four years and caught bin Laden. You should love this guy

Or is there another problem?

The problem is that the GOP stalwart issue of National Security will be further eroded by this (on top of 8 years of Iraq) and that drives them batshit crazy.

To be clear, I think Obama deserves credit for his role in the matter, which is authorizing a ballsy raid into a potentially hostile country which, had it failed or had Pakistan scrambled the jets and shot down the helicopters, would have probably cost him re-election.

That's it. After that, the intel piece goes to the CIA, and the tactical piece goes to the guys on the ground.

The fact is, Obama did his job. He deserves credit for that.

How has he managed to keep us safe for 4 Whole years while only being in office for 20 months? Amazing?

Sure, He got Osama. 1 Good Decision does not make up for poor decision after poor decision. Besides Killing Bid Laden is the Culmination of years of work, much of which would not have even been possible had Obama had his way on issues like Gitmo, and Black sites. You guys want to pin all the Credit on Obama like he is some super hero that is the sole reason we found and killed Osama.

You can try, but Average Americans wont buy it. Obama gets props for making a tough decision to act, and to send in Commandos, but he does not get sole credit for "getting bin Laden"

I also give him major props for the shoot to kill Order I assume he issued. I always said if we find him, We can not take him alive. We can not stand for some show trial where he can make his case to the world. We could not chance liberals trying to make us give him a trail. He needed to be put down, Obama understood it, and took care of business.

If not for him choosing to then dump the body and not show the world conclusive Proof I would call it a home run.

Ditto CM. Years of work is right. Barry handled the endgame. Don't get me wrong. I give Barry high marks for making the decision to kill that dirtbag its just to bad he won't release the pictures.

I was watching Bill the other night and he had a man named Thesson. Thesson had been a speechwriter for Bush. According to him right before Bush left office he was speaking to him about what was in place for the protection of the country. He was worried that whoever was coming in to replace Bush would dismantle it all. According to Thesson Bush told him he wasn't worried about it. Thesson asked him why and Bush replied, "Because he will know what I know."

Bush did keep this country safe for 7 years. No ifs ands or buts about it. Facts are facts.

I love the oft-repeated "Bush kept this country safe for 7 years!".

Nevermind that he was president for 8 years, not 7. and that one year cons always leave out? The worst attack on US soil in history.

Well you know they blame clinton for that first year anyway even though it's wrong to "look back" and blame your predecessor. LOL.

Oh and then there is the FACT that when clinton was president the right included attacks on our embassies as attacks against us and yet despite the fact that our embassies were attacked on W's watch the right now choose not to include them.

If you apply the right's standard for demcoratic presidents to republican presidents then W kept us no safer than any other president. Especially when you look at how he chose to start a war and invade iraq using our troops as human targets so the terrorists we were supposed to e going after could attack our troops over there instead of us over here.

Ditto CM. Years of work is right. Barry handled the endgame. Don't get me wrong. I give Barry high marks for making the decision to kill that dirtbag its just to bad he won't release the pictures.

I was watching Bill the other night and he had a man named Thesson. Thesson had been a speechwriter for Bush. According to him right before Bush left office he was speaking to him about what was in place for the protection of the country. He was worried that whoever was coming in to replace Bush would dismantle it all. According to Thesson Bush told him he wasn't worried about it. Thesson asked him why and Bush replied, "Because he will know what I know."

Bush did keep this country safe for 7 years. No ifs ands or buts about it. Facts are facts.

Nevermind that he was president for 8 years, not 7. and that one year cons always leave out? The worst attack on US soil in history.

yeah you all keep saying that. but it just so happen Clinton got lucky the bombing the FIRST TIME of the World trade center go didn't go off as PLANNED.

but hey, lets not think ABOUT THAT ONE. :eusa_whistle:

LOL Nice diversion.

"pay no attention to that terrorist attack behind that curtain. Look at that failed attack over there instead" says the right wing. (not an actual quote)

LOL

I would say that Pawlenty had it pretty much dead on.

“He did a good job, and I tip my cap to him in that moment,” former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty said in the debate.

The raid, though, is “not the sum total” of Obama’s national-security record, and in other areas he has been lacking, he said.

Great, he speaks in vague generalities with no real specifics and you think that is something to be praised?? LOL

I cannot speak for all of the right. However, I have always said that there is no American President or citizen who can take the blame for any terrorist attack.

In other words I do not blame anyone other than the terrorists themselves...

So put away the broad brush, you will probably find that many from both sides agree with me.

Fact are facts. He did keep us safe for seven years.

Bush was barely in office when 9-11 occurred so does that mean we should blame Clinton who was in office for 8 years prior to Bush when the op was being planned?? Jesus. He should have known. After all it was on his watch.

Me? I'm gonna blame the dirtbags who killed 3,000 people.

Barely in office?? Ruby ridge happened BEFORE clinton was even elected and yet for years the right blamed him for that. On August 21, 1992 (clinton wasn't even elected yet.)

Janet reno hadn't yet been confirmed when waco started and yet the right attacks both her and clinton over that. The Waco siege began on February 28, 1993 (that is "barely in office")

The first WTC bombing occured a little over a month after clinton tookoffice and there are those in this very thread trying to bring that up and blame clinton. The 1993 World Trade Center bombing occurred on February 26, 1993 (that is "barely in office")

Bush was in office for almost 8 months and yet you guys are so desperate to defend him you willfully forget your previous standards as you try to claim bush was "barely in office" when you refused to apply that standard to a democrat.

BTW how LONG of a cushion should an incoming president get??

Does that apply to ALL presidents or only rightwingers who you wish to give a pass to??

Furthermore, the planning of 9/11 CONTINUED on W's watch so please don't be so blatantly dishonest and claim that it was planned only on clinton's watch.

OH and the new line where ONLY a republican is concerned is that "I'm gonna blame the dirtbags" and yet we have already seen with recent terrorist attempts and attacks how the right has used them to try to blame obama for failing to keep us safe.
So it's hilarious how you choose to blame the perpetrators when a republican is president and yet you rightwingers jump at the chance to blame the president when he is a democrat.

If his party had followed the rules, he wouldn't have been president for 4 minutes, much less years.

They follow the Rules.

saulalinksy2.jpg

I like rule four

the liberals seem to not be using their rules any more. when it comes to rule four.

It's funny how you seem to know the rules better than any liberal. LOL

What is rule four??

Last edited:
These nimwits campaigned on "Bush Kept us Safe!" for what...6, 7 years?

All of a sudden national security isn't an issue any more.

Hmmph....

Oh and don't forget how W got saddam either.

It's funny how republicans tend to flip flop when what used to be their core belief structure turns out to benefit the left.

Two weeks ago according to the right everything was obama's fault because he is the president and it's wrong to "look back" and try to blame his predecessor.

NOW, their argument is that he is JUST the president and it's not as if he actually did anything. Oh and BTW we chould credit W for his part in getting osama even though he has been out of office for over two years and we can't hold him accountable for the crap he left behind after he left office.

Everything is based on pure political expediency for them and it doesn't matter what they used to believe because they always feel justified in their hypocrisy or they just pretend that they never said it.

You mean like how the left was all against the war in Iraq but has no problem with Libya?

And I haven't seen anyone not give Obama credit for making a tough call on going after Usama.

So are you actually trying to claim that no one on the left has not ONE problem with libya??

Can you prove that claim?? Or if that is NOT what you are saying please calrify and then provide proof to substantiate said claim.

BTW how does your sidestep address what I said?? Oh, you mean it doesn't but thought you would try to change the debate to a topic more suited to your spin?

Got it.

Oh and don't forget how W got saddam either.

It's funny how republicans tend to flip flop when what used to be their core belief structure turns out to benefit the left.

Two weeks ago according to the right everything was obama's fault because he is the president and it's wrong to "look back" and try to blame his predecessor.

NOW, their argument is that he is JUST the president and it's not as if he actually did anything. Oh and BTW we chould credit W for his part in getting osama even though he has been out of office for over two years and we can't hold him accountable for the crap he left behind after he left office.

Everything is based on pure political expediency for them and it doesn't matter what they used to believe because they always feel justified in their hypocrisy or they just pretend that they never said it.

You mean like how the left was all against the war in Iraq but has no problem with Libya?

And I haven't seen anyone not give Obama credit for making a tough call on going after Usama.

So are you actually trying to claim that no one on the left has not ONE problem with libya??

Can you prove that claim?? Or if that is NOT what you are saying please calrify and then provide proof to substantiate said claim.

BTW how does your sidestep address what I said?? Oh, you mean it doesn't but thought you would try to change the debate to a topic more suited to your spin?

Got it.

First part of my post was directed at your last paragraph. Don't tell me about painting with your broad brush.

And the second part is simple fact.

I cannot speak for all of the right. However, I have always said that there is no American President or citizen who can take the blame for any terrorist attack.

So put away the broad brush, you will probably find that many from both sides agree with me.

put away the broad brush??

That coming from the guy who posted this,

is beyond absurd.

Furthermore, it would be easier to put away the broad brush if right wingers weren't changing their views based purely on the poltiical affiliation of the focus of the discussion.

Obama has been blamed by the right for every attack that has occured on his watch.

is beyond absurd.

Furthermore, it would be easier to put away the broad brush if right wingers weren't changing their views based purely on the poltiical affiliation of the focus of the discussion.

Obama has been blamed by the right for every attack that has occured on his watch.

Hmmm sounds vaguely familiar.......
cheese2hq.jpg

is beyond absurd.

In answer to this:

President Barack Obama’s leadership on national security was attacked by potential Republican challengers in the primary season’s first debate

He kept us safe for four years and caught bin Laden. You should love this guy

Or is there another problem?
Problem is your math, which makes your facts suspicious. How could obamaturd possibly keep us safe for four years when he has been in office for just a little over two years? Typical obamaturd butt kissing worshipers, can't even lie using facts.

The problem is that the GOP stalwart issue of National Security will be further eroded by this (on top of 8 years of Iraq) and that drives them batshit crazy.

To be clear, I think Obama deserves credit for his role in the matter, which is authorizing a ballsy raid into a potentially hostile country which, had it failed or had Pakistan scrambled the jets and shot down the helicopters, would have probably cost him re-election.

That's it. After that, the intel piece goes to the CIA, and the tactical piece goes to the guys on the ground.

The fact is, Obama did his job. He deserves credit for that.

He did his job because he knew how bad it would be for his campaign if it got out he passed up the chance.
The intelligence apparatus to find bin Laden has been in place for years and operated independent of obama's control.
When the President was informed that the CIA was fairly certain it had located Osama, there was no way, with wikileaks and all that he could justify (not) approving the mission.
Had it gotten out that, like clinton, obama had passed up the chance to take out bin Laden, the GOP would OWN national security for the next 50 years.

Last edited:

“He did a good job, and I tip my cap to him in that moment,” former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty said in the debate.

The raid, though, is “not the sum total” of Obama’s national-security record, and in other areas he has been lacking, he said.

Great, he speaks in vague generalities with no real specifics and you think that is something to be praised?? LOL

Kind of like obama talking about the budget, huh?

You have just described President Obama's total political life. And you wonder why we aren't praising him...

Got it.

First part of my post was directed at your last paragraph. Don't tell me about painting with your broad brush.

And the second part is simple fact.

So no answer to my questions?

Furthermore, it's ok for you to paint with a broad brush as you talk about the left as a whole but those of us on the left can't do the same?? Thanks for the hypocrisy.

Furthermore, the fact that you CLAIM that you haven't seen anyone refuse to give obama credit doesn't mean that it hasn't happened.

BTW,

oibama did not do one damn thing the men and women who serve in the military did.

and he actually got thanked for saying it. Is one person saying it enough??

He did his job because he knew how bad it would be for his campaign if it got out he passed up the chance.

No, he did his job because it was his job. As much as it chafes your guy's ass, Obama changed CIA policy after being elected to make finding OBL their top priority. Had this operation been a dismal failure on the scope of Desert 1, you guys certainly would have no problem in giving him credit for his role in it.

The intelligence apparatus to find bin Laden has been in place for years and operated independent of obama's control.

Nothing operates "independent of the President's control".

When the President was informed that the CIA was fairly certain it had located Osama, there was no way, with wikileaks and all that he could justify approving the mission.

He could have just had drones destroy the compound. He made the call for a more risky mission to ensure the job was done.

Had it gotten out that, like clinton, obama had passed up the chance to take out bin Laden, the GOP would OWN national security for the next 50 years.

Doubtful. The public has lost sufficient trust in the GOP's ability to run national security after Iraq.

Forum List

Back