Real Life Murder Mystery

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
So I like murder mystery especially Cold Cases, I in this thread will be posting videos of I think the most intriguing of real life murder mystery happenings not all Cold Cases of course some solved, but I know that many enjoy real life murder mystery happenings like I do so I hope that others who do will also post videos in this thread, I prefer old ones murder mystery happenings from between 1900-1940 I like some later ones but have no great interest in ones from 1990-today etc.

The first video I post is The William Wallace Case aka The Man From The Pru I had to Google and Pru is Prudential Assurance Company and William Wallace was employed there as an insurance agent. He went out one night Monday 19 January 1931 to meet a mysterious Mr. R.M. Qualtrough at an address he later find did NOT exist and also find that Mr. R.M. Qualtrough did NOT exist and when he returned home Wallace discover the brutally murdered body of his wife Julia and I leave it there so you can watch the documentary which is the case very strange and it remains a Cold Case.

The duration of the documentary is twenty four minutes and forty one seconds.

wallace-portrait.jpg

^^^^ William Herbert Wallace circa 1930.

julia-wallace-crime-scene.jpg

^^^^ Mrs. Julia Wallace brutally murdered on the floor in the Wallace house.

dorothy-sayers-newspaper.jpg

^^^^ Dorothy L. Sayers was obsessed with The William Wallace Case and the murder of Julia Wallace.

Below is an excellent article about The William Wallace Case which dissects the murder, what the motive could have been and examines all the very strange happenings surrounding the case:

The Killing of Julia Wallace: An Impossible Murder

Last edited:
My then girlfriend - and now wife - and I used to frequent an art house movie theatre in Vancouver called the Arbutus Theatre. There, we saw this movie about the only female put to death in the state of Florida, the serial killer Aileen Wuornos.

Aileen Wuornos: The Selling of a Serial Killer (1992) - IMDb

Fast forward a few years later and we're living in Florida. Our pre-school son was invited over to a friend's for a birthday party. We started chatting with one of the parents only to find out that she worked for the FBI and led the arrest of Aileen Wuornos.

• Banned
My then girlfriend - and now wife - and I used to frequent an art house movie theatre in Vancouver called the Arbutus Theatre. There, we saw this movie about the only female put to death in the state of Florida, the serial killer Aileen Wuornos.

Aileen Wuornos: The Selling of a Serial Killer (1992) - IMDb

Fast forward a few years later and we're living in Florida. Our pre-school son was invited over to a friend's for a birthday party. We started chatting with one of the parents only to find out that she worked for the FBI and led the arrest of Aileen Wuornos.

I have watched Nick Bromfield's documentaries about Aileen Wuornos, in my opinion she exhibited in the interviews serious mental illness and should she have been executed I do not know, although I am Pro-Death Penalty I think in cases where it is obvious they are mentally ill they should not be executed so Aileen Wuornos should not have been executed as opposed to eg. Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy who deserved execution.

• Banned
So I like murder mystery especially Cold Cases, I in this thread will be posting videos of I think the most intriguing of real life murder mystery happenings not all Cold Cases of course some solved, but I know that many enjoy real life murder mystery happenings like I do so I hope that others who do will also post videos in this thread, I prefer old ones murder mystery happenings from between 1900-1940 I like some later ones but have no great interest in ones from 1990-today etc.

The first video I post is The William Wallace Case aka The Man From The Pru I had to Google and Pru is Prudential Assurance Company and William Wallace was employed there as an insurance agent. He went out one night Monday 19 January 1931 to meet a mysterious Mr. R.M. Qualtrough at an address he later find did NOT exist and also find that Mr. R.M. Qualtrough did NOT exist and when he returned home Wallace discover the brutally murdered body of his wife Julia and I leave it there so you can watch the documentary which is the case very strange and it remains a Cold Case.

wallace-portrait.jpg

^^^^ Dorothy L. Sayers was obsessed with The William Wallace Case and the murder of Julia Wallace.

Below is an excellent article about The William Wallace Case which dissects the murder, what the motive could have been and examines all the very strange happenings surrounding the case:

I will post one murder mystery video a day in this thread, I think I will be also posting a Dr. Hawley Harvey Crippen one I am of the thinking that Dr. Crippen did NOT murder his wife Cora, I know that the author Raymond Chandler also thought that Dr. Crippen did not commit this murder, it is very possible that his mistress Ethel Le Neve murdered Cora Crippen and that Dr. Crippen only assisted in burying the body at his trial it was noted that he seemed most concerned with protecting the reputation of Ethel Le Neve, so from this we think that he decided to allow himself to be guilty and get the rope so to save Ethel Le Neve from the rope. The entire arrest of Dr. Crippen itself is very dramatic a Mid-Transatlantic arrest on the ship Montrose on July 31 1910.

• Banned

wallace-portrait.jpg

Lizzie Borden and the brutal mysterious with ax murders of her father Andrew Borden and who was not her mother but the second wife of the father Abby Borden.

This occur August 4 1892 in the Borden house in Fall River, Massachusetts, United States. The corpses were found first downstairs by Lizzie Borden's sister Emma Borden she find Andrew Borden and then later upstairs the Borden Maid Bridget Sullivan find Abby Borden, Lizzie was arrested for the murders and put on trail. The jury find her Not Guilty and the crime today is still a Cold Case, so it remain a mystery.

Who were the peoples in the Borden house in the 24 hours to the murders:

Andrew Borden, Abby Borden, Emma Borden, Lizzie Borden, Bridget Sullivan and John Morse a Borden family associate who stay over night and then go the next day to visit friends. The police find that John Morse had an Alibi for the approx time of the murders and so eliminated him as a suspect. The murder by ax is considered more masculine than feminine in method of murder, women especially in the 1890s both pre and post more inclined to use a poison as the choice of murder, there could of course be the exception if very angry and an ax within distance that a woman murderer could use it.

Very remote that the only male in the house Andrew Borden was the murderer, that he murder his wife with the ax and then go downstairs and murder himself with the ax. So the suspects then Emma Borden, Lizzie Borden and Bridget Sullivan, Lizzie found Not Guilty there was no hint that anyone else was in the house or visit the house so either Emma Borden, Lizzie Borden or Bridget Sullivan did the murders or there is a Mystery Person who nobody saw go to the house to do the murders. At this time after reading I think Emma Borden is a good suspect I do not think Bridget Sullivan did it of course outside possibility that Lizzie Borden did do it or perhaps Emma Borden AND Lizzie Borden both did the murders together.

The duration of the documentary is forty one minutes and thirty one seconds.

493b3d631110fc7f9cab6d429c514278.jpg

^^^^ Lizzie Borden circa 1890.

bordenhouse.jpg

^^^^ The Borden house 92 Second Street, Fall River, Massachucetts the number change to 230 Second Street in 1896.

7695718eaf83001891dd852dd48201d8.jpg

^^^^ Emma Borden circa 1890.

bridget.jpg

^^^^ Bridget Sullivan circa 1888.

borden_andrew03.jpg

^^^^ Andrew Borden circa 1886.

andrew-borden.jpg

^^^^ Murdered corpse of Andrew Borden.

borden_abby07.jpg

^^^^ Abby Borden circa 1888.

abby%20crimescene%202.jpg

^^^^ Murdered corpse of Abby Borden.

This is below an article about the The Lizzie Borden Trial (1893)

Lizzie Borden

This is an article from The New York Times Magazine in 1992 about the Lizzie Borden Case and also about the Borden family:

Lizzie Borden Took an Ax

Lucy, read some of Ann Rules books. They are well researched and written very well. I've read several and they all kept me interested. I had no idea that she once worked in the same office with Ted Bundy.

Lucy, read some of Ann Rules books. They are well researched and written very well. I've read several and they all kept me interested. I had no idea that she once worked in the same office with Ted Bundy.

Okay I find one on Google "The Stranger Beside Me" about Ann Rule assist Suicide Hotline in Seattle, Washington and Ted Bundy there also doing that. So I will read this.

Forum List

Back