Reagan offered Sen S.I Hayakawa a Administration Post

If you are going to post items from Media Matters, at least have the honesty to post the full context:

In an interview earlier this week, Ed Rollins, who will become the president's chief political adviser in January, said Hayakawa would be offered an administration pot if he decided not to seek re-election. No offer has been made directly to Hayakawa, Rollins said.

Similarly, Hayakawa said in a statement, "I have not contacted the White House in regard to any administration or ambassadorial post, and they have not been in contact with me."

Media Matters for America

Note the difference: Sestak claims he was contacted by the Obama White House - Hayakawa says he was not contacted by nor did he himself contact the Reagan White House.

If you are going to post items from Media Matters, at least have the honesty to post the full context:

In an interview earlier this week, Ed Rollins, who will become the president's chief political adviser in January, said Hayakawa would be offered an administration pot if he decided not to seek re-election. No offer has been made directly to Hayakawa, Rollins said.

Similarly, Hayakawa said in a statement, "I have not contacted the White House in regard to any administration or ambassadorial post, and they have not been in contact with me."

Media Matters for America

Note the difference: Sestak claims he was contacted by the Obama White House - Hayakawa says he was not contacted by nor did he himself contact the Reagan White House.

Actually, got it from here:

http://i.imgur.com/czVhY.jpg

Which was originally linked from reddit.

But carry on. :thup:

Media Matters has a link to the complete article, in which Hayakawa says he was not contacted by the Reagan White House. Nor is there any mention of a specific job being offered to him - quite unlike the situation where something quite defined was offered to Sestak by someone acting on the White House's behalf.

LOL....all madbert has is

they did it too....:(

Although Bauer does acknowledge that -- at the request of Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel -- former President Bill Cinton did approach Sestak about being appointed to "a Presidential or other Senior Executive Branch Advisory Board," the memo says no White House officials went to Sestak directly and any position would have been unpaid.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20100528/...olitics3674838

unpaid....lmao, this admin is funny

Someone wrote this comment and I thought is was so perfectly written.

commercial wrote on 05/28/2010 04:57:32 PM:

Darryl Issa of CA.and the Republicans are just whining and crying about nothing. Reagan offered state senator S.I. Hayakawa a job of he dropped out of the California GOP primary in 1982. Issa knows that!
-The Republicans didn't impeach Bush/Cheney for lying about the Iraq.
-Didn't do anything about Bush/Cheney in Valarie Plame of the CIA.
-Nothing about the hiring of political hacks from the Federalist Society and Pat Robertson's University at the Justice Dept.
-Nothing about torturing people against the Geneva Convention.

They just need to sit down and shut up. They have not helped get this country back on the right track at all; all they can do is say no and no. Have people noticed that The country is recovering even with out their help?

White House: Appointment offer to Sestak was proper | McClatchy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYI7JXGqd0o]YouTube - WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld etc. - THE ULTIMATE CLIP[/ame]

You know, using the actions of a man's predecessors as a defense and justification for that man's actions is no defense at all. Especially when you consider that the man in question made it a point to declare that things would be different were he to be elected...

You know, using the actions of a man's predecessors as a defense and justification for that man's actions is no defense at all. Especially when you consider that the man in question made it a point to declare that things would be different were he to be elected...

unfortunately this is lost on most dems

Not using it as a defense or justification at all. Rather I'm looking for a little consistency in the way people behavior on this issue. I wasn't alive at the time, but I seem to recall reading that Reagan ran on a platform of change too. How eerily similar. :lol:

Not using it as a defense or justification at all. Rather I'm looking for a little consistency in the way people behavior on this issue. I wasn't alive at the time, but I seem to recall reading that Reagan ran on a platform of change too. How eerily similar. :lol:

you're all about the gotcha...

now...are you going to criticize obama or not?

Although Bauer does acknowledge that -- at the request of Chief of Staff Rahm Emmanuel -- former President Bill Cinton did approach Sestak about being appointed to "a Presidential or other Senior Executive Branch Advisory Board," the memo says no White House officials went to Sestak directly and any position would have been unpaid.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20100528/...olitics3674838

I think all of you fringers ought to watch what you write, Obama might see precedent in Bush's use of torture and non-use of habeas corpus. All the libel and slander may result in a trip to Gitmo.

Last edited:
Translation: valid criticism of The One's policies is traitorous or seditious and makes one a target of His Wrath.

Let's Dig Him up or impeach him posthumously?

[/Sarcasm]

This gotcha' shit is getting boring. "Well they did it too mom" shit shows as an excuse for letting such practices continue. It isn't right no matter who does it past or present.

Obama should be made an example of. HE is in charge right now...and it shows how he LIED saying 'business as usual is over in DC'?

Like Hell it is. It thrives.

Give it a fucking rest already?

Given that The One ran on a platform of getting rid of politics as usual, why is it a defense to say he was just engaged in politics as usual?

LINK to this article? Sorry, but I have noticed how easy it is for liberals to manufacture a story and then call it TRUE.

And oddly enough you DID NOT post a link----:cuckoo:

So before I believe it--I want a link.

I had already posted the link, it wasn't from a article online. Though knowing you, even if I posted twenty links, you still wouldn't believe em'.

Translation: valid criticism of The One's policies is traitorous or seditious and makes one a target of His Wrath.

Nope, that's not translation, that's spin. Let me spell it out for you. Reagan did if first, so Obama used precedent to do it next. Bush violated human rights first, so Obama could, but likely won't, violate the rights of humans next.
It's really very simple.

Forum List

Back