Rant for dog owners

dont be getting on people for not being able to watch their dog die,, we all come from different worlds with different souls,,

I will admit my first time was so hard I sat on the floor and cried like a child,, it didnt get easier after that,,

as for them being alone with strangers,, all my dogs have known the people at the vet almost as good as they know me and do a great job of comforting when the time comes,,

I think its chicken shit to throw your guilt on others because they cant handle watching the death of a friend,,

I am not worried about the people. I care what the dog feels in their last moments.

It is not my guilt. It is my general love of dogs that prompted me to write this. And a conversation with a vet.

I know how hard it is. I have bawled like a baby watching my beloved friends be helped to cross over. I mean ugly crying, with tears flowing, snot bubbling, and my chest tightening like a vise.

I am not worried about the people. I care what the dog feels in their last moments.

It is not my guilt. It is my general love of dogs that prompted me to write this. And a conversation with a vet.

I know how hard it is. I have bawled like a baby watching my beloved friends be helped to cross over. I mean ugly crying, with tears flowing, snot bubbling, and my chest tightening like a vise.
you dont give a shit about those dogs,,,

if people took your advice those dogs would die in shelters already to full to find enough people to adopt them,,

so save your sanctimonious bullshit for someone that believes you,,

you dont give a shit about those dogs,,,

if people took your advice those dogs would die in shelters already to full to find enough people to adopt them,,

so save your sanctimonious bullshit for someone that believes you,,

If people took my advice? How would going back to be with their dog stop people from adopting dogs from a shelter.

And spare me your attempt to sound like you know what I do or don't give a shit about. I certainly don't give a shit for people who pretend they know about a person, when they do not.

If people took my advice? How would going back to be with their dog stop people from adopting dogs from a shelter.

And spare me your attempt to sound like you know what I do or don't give a shit about. I certainly don't give a shit for people who pretend they know about a person, when they do not.
youre other advice was to not get a dog,,,

just save your guilt trips for your therapist,,

youre other advice was to not get a dog,,,

just save your guilt trips for your therapist,,

I said if you were going to send them off terrified, then yes, don't get a dog.

You know what would keep the shelters from being so full? Spaying or neutering your dog.

As I said, I have no guilt. But keep trying.

From the anger in this post, it is obvious that you are carrying the guilt.
what I am carrying is heartbreak thinking about losing a beloved dog,,

I know you cant STFU and have a habit of saying stupid shit like this because youre a piece of shit trying to make people feel bad and creating a scenario that would leave more dogs in shelters,,

what I am carrying is heartbreak thinking about losing a beloved dog,,

I know you cant STFU and have a habit of saying stupid shit like this because youre a piece of shit trying to make people feel bad and creating a scenario that would leave more dogs in shelters,,

I am sorry for your heartbreak. It is crushing to lose our beloved pets. It is the worst thing about having a dog. I carry heartbreak for every dog I ever had, and a few that were not mine.

No, it would not create a situation that would leave more dogs in shelters.

The fact that they do not understand is why our presence is so important. To be afraid in your last moments of life is a terrible way to go.

I'm going to assume you're not a vegetarian or vegan, in which case do you think about all the animals you eat like this? AND the dogs you've had certainly weren't vegetarians, did you think of all the animals the dog ate like this?

They cope with a different reality. More basic and instinctual. But they do know more than you think.

Well, that depends on what I think they know. Certainly dogs live in the here and the now a lot more than humans.

I know they know the people who care for them. I know they love people who will abuse them. I know they can tell "bad" people because I have seen my dogs dislike someone for no apparent reason, and those people turn out to be bad for you.

I have had dogs all my life. I have worked at kennels and boarding facilities. I know that dogs very often like me on sight.

That still isn't a "sense of justice", is it? They can sense stuff, they have feelings, they have a brain and they use it, but a lot of it will just be natural instincts rather than any semblance of "justice"

I'm going to assume you're not a vegetarian or vegan, in which case do you think about all the animals you eat like this? AND the dogs you've had certainly weren't vegetarians, did you think of all the animals the dog ate like this?

Nope, I am a carnivore. And yes, I do think about the animals I have consumed. Some of them I have personally killed. None of them had names or were pets.

That still isn't a "sense of justice", is it? They can sense stuff, they have feelings, they have a brain and they use it, but a lot of it will just be natural instincts rather than any semblance of "justice"

I don't know about "justice", but they do feel things. They love. They are happy. They are sad. They know when people and other animals disappear from their lives.

I am not talking about animals dying. They, like us, will die. HOW they die matters.

I am speaking about beloved pets who are terminally ill or very old. It is the compassionate thing to do to help them cross over.

Nope, I am a carnivore. And yes, I do think about the animals I have consumed. Some of them I have personally killed. None of them had names or were pets.

How do you know they didn't have names?

And that you say "None of them.... were pets" kind of sums this up

A "pet" is for humans. It's from the human perspective. When a human has a dog put down, we look at the human perspective, you're looking from the dog perspective, which is fine, however other people won't, as you don't with other animals.

Not much difference.

I was going to say something, but it's a little off topic so I just decided maybe I'll start a new thread on it. (Not right now, but sometime soon.) Thanks for the idea, WinterBorn. ☺️

How do you know they didn't have names?

And that you say "None of them.... were pets" kind of sums this up

A "pet" is for humans. It's from the human perspective. When a human has a dog put down, we look at the human perspective, you're looking from the dog perspective, which is fine, however other people won't, as you don't with other animals.

Not much difference.

If you have a dog for years, most people stop seeing it as a basic animal. There are things we do with our pets that do not happen with cattle or pigs. We talk them for walks, let them sleep on the sofa or the bad, talk to them, snuggle with them, and love them.

My grandfather raised cattle. Never once did he name one. I asked him once why he didn't. His reply was "Never name something you plan to eat".

Forum List

Back