Deputy Chief Information Officer for Command, Control, and Communications charged with animal cruelty

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
By Matt Funicello | 9:11 AM on October 04, 2023

Frederick Douglass Moorefield, Jr., the Deputy Chief Information Officer for Command, Control, and Communications, for the Office of the Secretary of Defense was charged today with multiple counts of animal cruelty and promoting and furthering an animal fighting venture in a gut-wrenching federal indictment in Baltimore, Maryland. Moorfield is accused of orchestrating and concealing a massive dog fighting ring, where he and his co-defendants executed the losing dogs with jumper cables and much more.

To say that this is disgusting is offensive to all things disgusting. What Moorfield is accused of makes every dog owner, especially me, purple with rage. There is nothing in this world that I would not do for my beautiful dogs. I have two Labrador Retrievers, one Black Lab named Diesel, and the other a White Lab named Lexi and they are part of my family. I cannot imagine my life without them and my wife and kids feel the same. To see this, and the details surrounding this case makes me seriously question why the punishments are so low. These poor dogs were abused in a way that flies in the face of common decency.

Dogs are known as man's best friend, and they truly do meet that definition. My first dog ever was a King Shepherd named Stryker. We rescued him from a local rescue when he was just three years old. He became my rock when I needed one, as I was going through a very stressful time in my life. He never left my side and I his, he went with me everywhere I could take him. When I walked inside the house, he would take my hand in his mouth sometimes and lead me to the couch where we could hug and I could pet him. We lost Stryker in 2019 at the height of the COVID lockdowns; he died in my arms and I never felt so devastated. I am not a crying man, there are a very few times where I have shed a tear for anyone, let alone an animal; but I cried for him.

Reading the details of this case makes me question Moorfield's humanity at the basic level. Yes, he is absolutely innocent until proven guilty, but there is a mountain of evidence against him and I personally think he is guilty as hell. I cannot say here what I think his punishment should be, but we all know and agree on what I am thinking. Hopefully, justice will be done here if he's found guilty. but we all know nothing the courts can do to this "man" would be good enough.

Comment:
"Deputy Chief Information Officer for Command, Control, and Communications", that sounds like worthless high paying job.
He should get a long prison sentence for animal cruelty.

Forum List

Back