Roger Daltrey
Jim Morrison
Grace Slick
Freddie Mercury
Janis Joplin
Stevie Nicks
Bono
Robert Plant

I'd put Janis, Jim and Freddie on the list.

-Freddie Mercury
-Maynard James Keenan
-David Lee Roth
-Ronnie James Dio
-Ozzy Ozbourne
-Phil Anselmo
-Bon Scott
-Jello Biafra
-Bruce Dickinson
-H.R. (Bad Brains)

A lead singer should be a mix of vocals and showmanship.

gonna try.

freddie mercury
robert plant
john lennon
roger daltry
paul mccartney
grace slick
david byrne
joey ramone
david gilmour
debby harry

-Freddie Mercury
-Maynard James Keenan
-David Lee Roth
-Ronnie James Dio
-Ozzy Ozbourne
-Phil Anselmo
-Bon Scott
-Jello Biafra
-Bruce Dickinson
-H.R. (Bad Brains)

Bruce Dickinson was great. Tattooed Millionaire was one of the most underrated albums ever

Top ten? That’s a lot but here goes in no specific order:

Mick Jagger
Roger Daltrey
Jim Morrison
Grace Slick
Freddie Mercury
Janis Joplin
Stevie Nicks
Bono
Robert Plant

Your list is as pathetic as your lame attempt at posting. You including the faggot Freddy "cocksucker" Mercury is most telling./
are we judging their sexuality or their ability as a lead singer?...

I have heard and worked with better than faggy Freddy....just sayin'.
and yet if you put your people on a list with freddy and had a vote i bet freddy would bury those you mentioned.....just sayin.....

Whatever...I wouldn't walk across the street to hear faggy Freddy sing even if I got a backstage pass.
i did not think you were that bad dale....i used to work with a guy who thought Queen was pretty good until he found out Freddie was gay...then all of sudden he could not stand them.....

Your list is as pathetic as your lame attempt at posting. You including the faggot Freddy "cocksucker" Mercury is most telling./

and yet if you put your people on a list with freddy and had a vote i bet freddy would bury those you mentioned.....just sayin.....

Whatever...I wouldn't walk across the street to hear faggy Freddy sing even if I got a backstage pass.
i did not think you were that bad dale....i used to work with a guy who thought Queen was pretty good until he found out Freddie was gay...then all of sudden he could not stand them.....

I loved their songs but knew nothing of his personal life until the movie came out! Didn’t change my opinion, he could sing! I love that song radio ga ga

Freddie Mercury was a great singer, but a better showman. That's why I left him off of my list. I was mainly concentrating on singing ability. Roy Orbison would definitely be up there though. He is a little one dimensional, but gosh, what a voice!

David Clayton Thomas
John Fogarty
Felix Cavaliere
Frankie Valli
Wilson Pickett
Eric Burdon
Defiant1

I loved their songs but knew nothing of his personal life until the movie came out! Didn’t change my opinion, he could sing! I love that song radio ga ga

Mick Jagger
Roger Daltrey
Jim Morrison
Grace Slick
Freddie Mercury
Janis Joplin
Stevie Nicks
Bono
Robert Plant

Geez, Billy...I thought you had better taste in music than that.....but to each their own, I guess. Being an accomplished musician that has worked with great vocalists like Dale Watson, Eric Beatty, Jeff Hopson and Jerrod Medulla? I guess I am just a bit snobbish.

That's a rock list, so those names are there.

I don't do country at all, and in general avoid vocal music. Give me improv jazz and blistering classical.

Mick Jagger
Roger Daltrey
Jim Morrison
Grace Slick
Freddie Mercury
Janis Joplin
Stevie Nicks
Bono
Robert Plant

Geez, Billy...I thought you had better taste in music than that.....but to each their own, I guess. Being an accomplished musician that has worked with great vocalists like Dale Watson, Eric Beatty, Jeff Hopson and Jerrod Medulla? I guess I am just a bit snobbish.

That's a rock list, so those names are there.

I don't do country at all, and in general avoid vocal music. Give me improv jazz and blistering classical.

My fav classical

-Freddie Mercury
-Maynard James Keenan
-David Lee Roth
-Ronnie James Dio
-Ozzy Ozbourne
-Phil Anselmo
-Bon Scott
-Jello Biafra
-Bruce Dickinson
-H.R. (Bad Brains)

In that case, I nominate King Diamond. :rock:

Gregg Allman
Steven Stills
Sam Hagar
Paul Rodgers
Ian Gillan
Bobby Dewar
Terry Kath
Eric Clapton
Steve Perry
Tommy Shaw.
No particular order