rank your top 10 lead singers of all time

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
The bond between a lead singer and his microphone is, shall we say, an intimate one...

• Banned
i got Perry Farrell of Jane's Addiction as number 1.

Ryan Key, Nate Barcalow, Bon Scott, Ronnie Radke, and Fronzilla, and David Lee Roth, and the Lynyrd Skynyrd frontman who died early

Top ten? That’s a lot but here goes in no specific order:

Mick Jagger
Roger Daltrey
Jim Morrison
Grace Slick
Freddie Mercury
Janis Joplin
Stevie Nicks
Bono
Robert Plant

• Banned

Mick Jagger
Roger Daltrey
Jim Morrison
Grace Slick
Freddie Mercury
Janis Joplin
Stevie Nicks
Bono
Robert Plant

Your list is as pathetic as your lame attempt at posting. You including the faggot Freddy "cocksucker" Mercury is most telling./
what do you think about my list?

Mick Jagger
Roger Daltrey
Jim Morrison
Grace Slick
Freddie Mercury
Janis Joplin
Stevie Nicks
Bono
Robert Plant

Most of those folks are before my time and my knowledge is more casual of them, but Bono.....really? U2 is a good band, but Bono's vocals are mediocre at best. He just hides behind Adam Clayton's bass

Robert Plant
Ike Willis
Marissa Monte
Ian Gillian
Melanie Safka

Honorable mention: Jeffrey Epstein. I hear he has a great singing voice

Robert Plant, Janis Joplin, Freddie Mercury, Paul Rodgers, David Coverdale, Sebastian Bach, Bon Scott, Brian Skeoch, Ronnie Van Zant, Pat Benetar, Mary Wilson. Eh, s'nuff

1. Roger Daltrey
2. Stevie Nicks
3. Steve Winwood
4. Annie Lennox
5. Paul Rodgers
6. Ann Willson
7. Dio
8. Chrissie Hynde
9. Don Henley
10. Janis

Michael McDonald, Sade, Anita Baker, Donald Fagan, Tom Johnston, John Mayer, Sam Smith......all are greatness and no "shame" in their game at all.

In no particular order.

Elvis
Patsi Kline
Lou Rauls
Rhiannon Giddens
Tina Turner
Linda Ronstadt
Neil Diamond
Grace Slick
Steven Tyler
Mary Bridget Davies

Mick Jagger
Axel Rose

When I did stand up comedy in the late 80's and early 90's, one of my jokes was doing an impression of Lawrence Welk introducing "Guns and Roses. It went something like this "Now here's a band I think you'll a really really a like called a Guns and a Roses doing their hit a song called Take a me down to the paradise a city...hit it boys".....
Soooo do you like any lead singers Dale?

1. Roger Daltrey
2. Stevie Nicks
3. Steve Winwood
4. Annie Lennox
5. Paul Rodgers
6. Ann Willson
7. Dio
8. Chrissie Hynde
9. Don Henley
10. Janis

You got five out of ten.......not bad...not bad at all. Janis Joplin??? A great vocalist? HOLY fuck........you must listen to her when you are stoned.

Yeah, when she wasn't loaded she was a great singer. The problem is most people never got to hear her at her best. I was fortunate to be able to.

Forum List

Back