Random Truths

]
7. Folks who have never run a business think they can decide what level of margin represents greed, rather than ambition.

Arrogant and twisted way to suggest a way to judge greed. Poor folks can be greedy and so can hourly workers. Judgement of greed related to accumulated wealth is a simple judgement equated to how much wealth there is and how it is distributed.

Its funny how liberals like you have something wrong with "accumulated wealth." Yet, you want a living wage, but not "accumulated wealth." You want $15 bucks an hour working at a Mickey D's, but not "accumulated wealth." Naturally, those two things will lead to an "accumulation of wealth;" something you view as "greed." What a specious little rationale that is.

You really can't see any distinction between say the working poor struggling to pay rent and feed their family....and hundreds of millions of dollars held generationally in hereditary trust funds?

I think most Americans can.

]
7. Folks who have never run a business think they can decide what level of margin represents greed, rather than ambition.

Arrogant and twisted way to suggest a way to judge greed. Poor folks can be greedy and so can hourly workers. Judgement of greed related to accumulated wealth is a simple judgement equated to how much wealth there is and how it is distributed.

Its funny how liberals like you have something wrong with "accumulated wealth." Yet, you want a living wage, but not "accumulated wealth." You want $15 bucks an hour working at a Mickey D's, but not "accumulated wealth." Naturally, those two things will lead to an "accumulation of wealth;" something you view as "greed." What a specious little rationale that is.

You really can't see any distinction between say the working poor struggling to pay rent and feed their family....and hundreds of millions of dollars held generationally in hereditary trust funds?

Thomas Jefferson is one American who sees things far differently than you do:

"To take from one, because it is thought his own industry and that of his father has acquired too much, in order to spare to others who (or whose fathers) have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, "to guarantee to everyone a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it."
US Department of the Treasury

Founding.com A Project of the Claremont Institute

His view, of course, is more American and less Bolshevik.

]

"To take from one, because it is thought his own industry and that of his father has acquired too much, in order to spare to others who (or whose fathers) have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, "to guarantee to everyone a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it."

Thomas Jefferson the slave owner, born into sumptuous privilege? Yeah, I'd expect someone like him to have a different perspective than say the working poor.

Thomas didn't inherit his slaves, land and wealth because of his 'industry and skill'. But because of his blood line. With most of the day to day operations of his plantation carried out by his slaves. It it any surprise that he would try and justify what generational wealth and privileged should be lauded and maintained?

None of us have slaves. Most of us aren't born into wealth and privilege but instead have to work for a living. And demanding a wage sufficient to feed yourself and your family and cover your basic expenses isn't unreasonable. No one working a 40 hour week should have to worry about feeding their family. Or covering their medical expenses. Or being able to pay rent. Especially those performing vital labor our society cannot survive without.

We're not talking about people that aren't willing to work. But instead people who work very hard and want to be able raise a family from the fruits of their labors. These are the people you're vilifying. While the generationally wealthy born in to trust funds are those you laud as paragons of virtue.

Too bad Jefferson wasn't more of a Capitalist and insisted on fixing a Standard of generating multibillion dollar bonuses for the People, with recourse to a Commerce Clause and an official Mint.

More Random Truths.....

7. FDR ran for President on a promise to balance the budget and cut spending by 25%. Roosevelt expanded the federal government and ran up deficits much greater than those of Hoover.

Another good example of distortion. FDR tried to balance the budget as promised and discovered the theory that supported balancing the budget to repair the economy did not work. It led to the '37-38' recession and he quickly abandoned the idea that a struggling economy could be repaired with concentrating on balancing the budget. He got the economy back on track and shortly later a little glitch developed called World War II.

"...FDR tried to balance the budget as promised and discovered the theory that supported balancing the budget to repair the economy did not work. It led to the '37-38' recession..."

And this, you liar: LewisDouglas quit the Budget Bureau in 1934 in protest against FDR's spending
"The Defining Moment: FDR's Hundred Days and the Triumph of Hope,"
By Jonathan Alter....p. 324

1934!!!
Lewis Douglas was not the top economic adviser or official in the FDR administration. Rexford Tugwell was and Douglas was frustrated with constantly being overruled by FDR because of Tugwell's advice. To complicate it more Douglas would pick and choose which New Deal programs were OK and which he judged to be not OK. He had promised to be a team player and turned out not to be anything close to a team player. He came in with a new administration and was gone after a year and a half.

Wrong again. Lewis Douglas was appointed Director of the Bureau of the Budget in 1933. That made him one of FDR's top economic advisers until FDR decided to go on a spending binge. After which he broke ties with him altogether in 1934.

Rexford Tugwell was kicked out of the administration in 1936, given that he had an ever increasing opposition to FDR's policies. His opposition was just so that people started calling him (falsely) "Rex the Red," an insinuation that he was a communist.

Stop lying camp. Just...stop.
You need a better source than something like Wikipedia. Rexford Tugwell was part of the famous "Brain Trust" and was a top adviser to FDR before he became President. He was offered any position he wanted and could have gotten the Douglas job if that is what he wanted. Douglas went along with many New Deal programs but as stated previously, he turned out not to fit on the team and not to be a team player. He was gone after about a year. Tugwell remained until 1937, serving the entire first term plus. He became frustrated and it became obvious that his efforts on suburban planning and moving urban residents into rural areas was not going to fly. His plan was in fact ruled unconstitutional. That was the deciding factor and he decided to end his association as the false claim of him being a communist began to surface. He resigned and was not as you claim kicked out. In fact a positive relationship with FDR continued and after a short stint as the Chairman of the NY planning commission FDR appointed him as the Governor of Puerto Rico were he was able to implement many of his ideas, build infrastructure, improve health and education and bring free elections the territory.

spartacus-educational.com/USARtugwell.htm

wharton.upenn.edu/125anniversaryissue/tugwell.html

Notice how I give links to back up what I say. I invite folks to check out the accuracy of my comments and enjoy giving the opportunity to others to go even further in understanding a topic than merely my few words of comment or analysis. That is not what liars do. What is it that you are accusing me of lying about? You called me a liar for giving some analysis as to why Tugwell left the administration, even though I provided links. Now I have provided two more. So what is your analysis based on that provides the evidence you use to call me a liar and make your own analysis truthful or accurate?

There are so many conservative commentators, and conversations, that have contributed to these truths....you may recognize some of your words, as well.....

1. The Left survives on demonization of the Right…rather than debating ideas: they teach their drones that the Right is not wrong, but evil…
  2. The minute you envy another, your happiness is injured,and breeds unhappiness. Religious folks tend to be happy with what they have. Thus Marx hated that view because the Utopia had to be here and now…
  3. Government must be limited in scope Madison: laws must be simple clear few. Must be understood by all: otherwise it is government by experts, bureaucrats and technocrats. a. Sure enough, Liberals snap to attention when they hear 'studies show....'
  4. Unlimited opportunity can only come with limited government.
  5. What leftism has done to every profession is to put leftism above being good at the task…
    a. Famine under communist rule in the USSR is a perfect example.

6. The danger is not a man like Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting the office of the presidency to a man like Barack Obama

7. The mind of the Liberal: Whatever they imagine, they believe must be imposed.

8. For Liberals, wishful thinking substitutes for an understanding of reality…thus…the view of the Arab Spring as a good thing…and overthrowing of Mubarak in favor of the Muslim Brotherhood

9. We want liberty…but mistakenly say democracy…you can have democracy but deprive people of liberty (see Egypt)

10. If the desire is for a ‘level playing field,’ how to explain progressive income tax?
You sure can spin shit into a nice conservative meal.

]

Thomas Jefferson the slave owner, born into sumptuous privilege? Yeah, I'd expect someone like him to have a different perspective than say the working poor.

Thomas didn't inherit his slaves, land and wealth because of his 'industry and skill'. But because of his blood line. With most of the day to day operations of his plantation carried out by his slaves. It it any surprise that he would try and justify what generational wealth and privileged should be lauded and maintained?

None of us have slaves. Most of us aren't born into wealth and privilege but instead have to work for a living. And demanding a wage sufficient to feed yourself and your family and cover your basic expenses isn't unreasonable. No one working a 40 hour week should have to worry about feeding their family. Or covering their medical expenses. Or being able to pay rent. Especially those performing vital labor our society cannot survive without.

We're not talking about people that aren't willing to work. But instead people who work very hard and want to be able raise a family from the fruits of their labors. These are the people you're vilifying. While the generationally wealthy born in to trust funds are those you laud as paragons of virtue.

Well, two points have been clearly made.

1. You views about taking from some Americans and giving to others vary widely when compared to those of Thomas Jefferson.

2. Your understanding of economics has, in fact, no confluence with economics at all, as shown by the phrase "demanding a wage sufficient to feed yourself and your family and cover your basic expenses..."
Or...you might simply admit to being a Marxist.

a. The unspoken and unrecognized assumption is that there exists some mechanism that can distribute goods and services. The only such mechanism is, and must be, the totalitarian state.
To believe this, one must accept that there exists some equation by which the state can fairly and honestly control human exchange. Here we go: increasing taxes to increase programs to increase happiness to allow equality…all of which ends up in dictatorship.
Mamet, "The Secret Knowledge," chapter 32

More Random Truths.....

7. FDR ran for President on a promise to balance the budget and cut spending by 25%. Roosevelt expanded the federal government and ran up deficits much greater than those of Hoover.

Another good example of distortion. FDR tried to balance the budget as promised and discovered the theory that supported balancing the budget to repair the economy did not work. It led to the '37-38' recession and he quickly abandoned the idea that a struggling economy could be repaired with concentrating on balancing the budget. He got the economy back on track and shortly later a little glitch developed called World War II.

"...FDR tried to balance the budget as promised and discovered the theory that supported balancing the budget to repair the economy did not work. It led to the '37-38' recession..."

And this, you liar: LewisDouglas quit the Budget Bureau in 1934 in protest against FDR's spending

1934!!!
Lewis Douglas was not the top economic adviser or official in the FDR administration. Rexford Tugwell was and Douglas was frustrated with constantly being overruled by FDR because of Tugwell's advice. To complicate it more Douglas would pick and choose which New Deal programs were OK and which he judged to be not OK. He had promised to be a team player and turned out not to be anything close to a team player. He came in with a new administration and was gone after a year and a half.

Wrong again. Lewis Douglas was appointed Director of the Bureau of the Budget in 1933. That made him one of FDR's top economic advisers until FDR decided to go on a spending binge. After which he broke ties with him altogether in 1934.

Rexford Tugwell was kicked out of the administration in 1936, given that he had an ever increasing opposition to FDR's policies. His opposition was just so that people started calling him (falsely) "Rex the Red," an insinuation that he was a communist.

You need a better source than something like Wikipedia. Rexford Tugwell was part of the famous "Brain Trust" and was a top adviser to FDR before he became President. He was offered any position he wanted and could have gotten the Douglas job if that is what he wanted. Douglas went along with many New Deal programs but as stated previously, he turned out not to fit on the team and not to be a team player. He was gone after about a year. Tugwell remained until 1937, serving the entire first term plus. He became frustrated and it became obvious that his efforts on suburban planning and moving urban residents into rural areas was not going to fly. His plan was in fact ruled unconstitutional. That was the deciding factor and he decided to end his association as the false claim of him being a communist began to surface. He resigned and was not as you claim kicked out. In fact a positive relationship with FDR continued and after a short stint as the Chairman of the NY planning commission FDR appointed him as the Governor of Puerto Rico were he was able to implement many of his ideas, build infrastructure, improve health and education and bring free elections the territory.

Notice how I give links to back up what I say. I invite folks to check out the accuracy of my comments and enjoy giving the opportunity to others to go even further in understanding a topic than merely my few words of comment or analysis. That is not what liars do. What is it that you are accusing me of lying about? You called me a liar for giving some analysis as to why Tugwell left the administration, even though I provided links. Now I have provided two more. So what is your analysis based on that provides the evidence you use to call me a liar and make your own analysis truthful or accurate?

Tugwell was right up there with Stalin....that's why Roosevelt loved him.

1. "Use of all land, public and private will be controlled by the federal government in the future, Assistant Secretary of Agriculture Rexford Tugwell predicted this week."
Tugwell Government Will Control All Land

2. " Abolition of private property in land and application of all rents of land to public purpose."
Communist Manifesto
The Ten Planks of the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx

Did I mention what a disgusting little commie twerp you are?

Consider it mentioned.

Tu quoque arguments. Tu quoque arguments everywhere.
Well you can use that excuse anytime. PC insist and demands that all of her comments are always 100% spot on accurate. When someone calls her out and suggest she is wrong she comes back with every kind of insult you can think of and calls the critic a liar. She makes a special effort to insist she never ever lies.
As you may have observed from my past post, I am a supporter of FDR and his politics. Anytime I have the opportunity to educate folks about FDR I take it. PoliticalChick offers vast opportunities to promote FDR and provide educational material for those who may stumble across these threads and become curious. I really believe those who take her threads serious or actually support her nonsense are beyond influence or help in becoming rational thinkers. You have to be one brainwashed wacko to believe most of her garbage. But it is entertaining and educational as it draws a long list of critics who offer academic responses to her malicious rants.
I think to be a tu quoque argument from me I would have to be challenging the original premise of her OP. All I am doing is calling her a liar and providing proof of her lie.

And all I hear is childish bickering. Except PC's responses are on point, and yours are pure ad hominem. You sure educated us on FDR on PC's other thread too. And you got whipped. You aren't a teacher, you're a historical revisionist wannabe.
Which one of my links do you think came from a revisionist source?

There are so many conservative commentators, and conversations, that have contributed to these truths....you may recognize some of your words, as well.....

1. The Left survives on demonization of the Right…rather than debating ideas: they teach their drones that the Right is not wrong, but evil…
  2. The minute you envy another, your happiness is injured,and breeds unhappiness. Religious folks tend to be happy with what they have. Thus Marx hated that view because the Utopia had to be here and now…
  3. Government must be limited in scope Madison: laws must be simple clear few. Must be understood by all: otherwise it is government by experts, bureaucrats and technocrats. a. Sure enough, Liberals snap to attention when they hear 'studies show....'
  5. What leftism has done to every profession is to put leftism above being good at the task…

6. The danger is not a man like Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting the office of the presidency to a man like Barack Obama

7. The mind of the Liberal: Whatever they imagine, they believe must be imposed.

8. For Liberals, wishful thinking substitutes for an understanding of reality…thus…the view of the Arab Spring as a good thing…and overthrowing of Mubarak in favor of the Muslim Brotherhood

9. We want liberty…but mistakenly say democracy…you can have democracy but deprive people of liberty (see Egypt)

10. If the desire is for a ‘level playing field,’ how to explain progressive income tax?

Ooooooo, look!

Another Liberal moron who can't produce any more than an "is not, is notttttt" post.

There must be an intelligent Liberals out there somewhere.......

.....somewhere.

1934!!!

Tugwell was right up there with Stalin....that's why Roosevelt loved him.

1. "Use of all land, public and private will be controlled by the federal government in the future, Assistant Secretary of Agriculture Rexford Tugwell predicted this week."
Tugwell Government Will Control All Land

2. " Abolition of private property in land and application of all rents of land to public purpose."
Communist Manifesto
The Ten Planks of the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx

Did I mention what a disgusting little commie twerp you are?

Consider it mentioned.
Did you mention why you manipulated and changed the quote falsely attributed to Keynes?

The progressive income tax applies equally to everyone. The taxable income you earn in each bracket is taxed the same as everyone else who earns money in that bracket.

".... progressive income tax applies equally...."

You have a facility with language....just not the English language.

Prove it doesn't. The progressive income tax divides earnings into brackets, and all earnings in each bracket are taxed the same.

"Proceeding in steps;continuing steadily by increments:"
Progressive - definition of progressive by The Free Dictionary

1. "Having the same quantity, measure, or value as another.
2. Mathematics Being the same or identical to in value."
Equally - definition of equally by The Free Dictionary

And what's really funny, you dope, is that English isn't even my first language.

Do you have a first language?

What's the tax rate for the top bracket?

Ooooooo, look!

Another Liberal moron who can't produce any more than an "is not, is notttttt" post.

.....somewhere.
Well, when links and factual data are provided you just go into that dopey evade, deflect, ignore, deny change the subject mode. So why do you need facts and links and such

Ooooooo, look!

.....somewhere.

Since you don't offer proof or even credible evidence for anything you claimed in the OP, you've done no more than the poster you called a moron did.

t.

And what business have you run?

1. I work at Stark Industries.....I'm in charge of mergers and acquisitions.....oops- I mean murders and executions.

2. I'm not an elected official making anti-business, anti-capitalism, anti-hard work outbursts like this:

THis statement gets at the "mind of the conservative"...........create a straw man.........and rail against it...........u above said liberals claim conservatives are evil.......but this statement of yours shows your blind demonization of liberals.

because, in part, of the iron law of oligarchy....governmental/economic systems tend to help the rich get richer
a progressive income tax helps to combat that.

Oligarchs R US. That Iron Law Of Oligarchy Is Back To Haunt Us Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

t.

And what business have you run?

1. I work at Stark Industries.....I'm in charge of mergers and acquisitions.....oops- I mean murders and executions.

2. I'm not an elected official making anti-business, anti-capitalism, anti-hard work outbursts like this:

No you're an aging hausfrau living off someone else's labors.

Forum List

Back