Randian Cardboard heros

I act in a way that is consistent with my beliefs.

Why do you hate the poor starving child?
better still. Why does he hate those who refuse to agree with him that something must be done about that poor starving child?

That's his REAL hate. Because he has no intent of doing something about it himself, and that guilt eats at him because SOMEONE should do SOMETHING... just not him even though the conviction of his own heart is on him.

And.... cue denial in 3...2...1....

Didnt get it?

If you think it makes you smarter than me to swallow this sick womans clap trap then go look at her personal life.

She was a fricking mess.

LOL NO more of a mess than you appear to be.

Hell. I might even be a bigger mess. LOL

Then tell me how it is evil like rand says?

What's evil is how the concept has been abused by those who promote Altrusim to convince people to act against their own well being.

They have redefined the word so that to adhere to it is self destructive.

Sacrifice — AynRand Lexicon

“Sacrifice” is the surrender of a greater value for the sake of a lesser one or of a nonvalue. Thus, altruism gauges a man’s virtue by the degree to which he surrenders, renounces or betrays his values (since help to a stranger or an enemy is regarded as more virtuous, less “selfish,” than help to those one loves). The rational principle of conduct is the exact opposite: always act in accordance with the hierarchy of your values, and never sacrifice a greater value to a lesser one.

It is unrandian to risk your own life to save a child you did not sire

Now it is also unRandian to give up your life in a war to protect people you dont know

No it isn't. It says to sacrifice a higher value to a nonvalue is to betray one's values.

You are the one assuming that a child who is not one's offspring has no value. What does that say about you?

You really should get a clue before you spout off. Just reading about Rand from folks who don't like her isn't really research. It would be like me forming an opinion of you based on the words of Titanic Sailor and Freeman.

If you want to talk Rand, read Rand and have some facts. Arguing fifth generation hearsay is not good for your reputation.

Sacrifice — AynRand Lexicon

“Sacrifice” is the surrender of a greater value for the sake of a lesser one or of a nonvalue. Thus, altruism gauges a man’s virtue by the degree to which he surrenders, renounces or betrays his values (since help to a stranger or an enemy is regarded as more virtuous, less “selfish,” than help to those one loves). The rational principle of conduct is the exact opposite: always act in accordance with the hierarchy of your values, and never sacrifice a greater value to a lesser one.

It is unrandian to risk your own life to save a child you did not sire

Now it is also unRandian to give up your life in a war to protect people you dont know

No it isn't. It says to sacrifice a higher value to a nonvalue is to betray one's values.

You are the one assuming that a child who is not one's offspring has no value. What does that say about you?

It says what rand herself says.

It says that selfishness is virtue.

How can you value the self over something that is not the self?

Did you know she also thought women should look up to man and that homosexuals were evil.

You really should get a clue before you spout off. Just reading about Rand from folks who don't like her isn't really research. It would be like me forming an opinion of you based on the words of Titanic Sailor and Freeman.

If you want to talk Rand, read Rand and have some facts. Arguing fifth generation hearsay is not good for your reputation.

I read her a a teenager on my OWN volition.

I read her of my own free will with NO ONE to instruct me in what to think of her writings.

She fucking sucked ass big time was my impression.

She wrote like an love struck groupie about some unreal superhero MAN who was above every one else.

I had to force my self to read the shit..

There is a reason real scholars of philosophy think she is a non entity.

the rules were written by congress......gs played the game better than congress.....

gs simply followed the regulations written by the govt......

has obama given back all the money he got from gs ... you know the money they gave him shorting the housing market.....

I've read Rand and think her books sucked.

I'll take The Lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnet any day. Jeeze.

Just sayin. LOL

Last edited:

Forum List

Back