Randian Cardboard heros

What a dumbass.... first off, define "selfishness" in the context used. Then come back and we'll talk.

Yeah so explain them to me oh smart one.

Tell me how selfishness was not concidered a virtue by a woman who wrote a fucking Book titiled "the Virtue of Selfishness"?

Quite frankly... if more people devoted more time to themselves and their lives as opposed to spending one's life in envy of what others have... we'd all be better off.

Look at the Obama regime... entirely devoted to tearing down accomplishment and rewarding mediocrity in the name of "fairness" (aka CLASS ENVY)

Yeah so explain them to me oh smart one.

Tell me how selfishness was not concidered a virtue by a woman who wrote a fucking Book titiled "the Virtue of Selfishness"?

You're the one who posted it. Explain what it means and contrast it with the philosophy of Altruism.

No it wasn't.

Explain in your own words why Selfishness is bad and Altruism is good - and then contrast your philosophy with Rand's.

Until you are able to do that, you will remain just another ignorant internet "paster".

Because man from his very inception has been a pack animal.

Preservation of the pack is preservation of the individual.

You only need to see the results of a human held away from other human contact to see how deep the connection is to our very exsistance.

When you place self over the "greater good" for the pack then you desend into a self perpetuating cycle of individual survival over the pack survival. You can let the pack starve to prevent your own demise but then you end up yanking your own pud and going insane.

GET IT you fucking selfish bitch?

Last edited:
Because man from his very inception has been a pack animal.

Preservation of the pack is preservation of the individual.

You only need to see the results of a human held away from other human contact to see how deep the connection is to our very exsistance.

When you place self over the "greater good" for the pack then you desend into a self perpetuating cycle of individual survival over the pack survival. You can let the pack starve to prevent your own demise but then you end up yanking your own pud and going insane.

GET IT you fucking selfish bitch?

That 'splains so much.

You really do not value individuals or liberty at all.

Thanks for playing.

(And I'll bet that I, as a Selfish Bitch, have benefited far more people in society by Creating Jobs and Employing Qualified & Deserving People than you have done with your pack animal mentality.)

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah and where in your little atrophied brain did you pull htat out of my post?

I'm going to engage in a bit of charity in an attempt to pierce the pack animal fugue of TM's thought processes.

TM,

Selfishness and being a member of a community are not mutually exclusive. Your own definition of morality is full of contradictions (which you don't recognzie). The implication of your defense of a pack (Greater Good) is that it benefits the individual to be part of one - you are justifying it with Selfish Self Interest.

Selfish, Rational People understand their relationships and interdependence with other people. They respect those relationships and do not cheat, force, coerce, or harm others. It's not in their Selfish Self Interest to do so.

The people who preach that you must sacrifice for others are the ones who are trying to fool you. They want to take what you sacrifice for their own benefit.

*helpfully and hoping these words don't have too many syllables for TM to grok*

boe

Last edited:
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah and where in your little atrophied brain did you pull htat out of my post?

Oh.The.Irony.

You parrot "Greater Good" and don't even understand what it means.

See those guys yessterday defending ripping off their customers?

Those are the Heros Ayn Rand tried to convince you were Gods.

Hows that Randy Heroy thing working out for you?

Ripping off their customers, huh? Fortunately your thread went off on the Rand tangent.

But, back to your original allegation. You show a distinct lack of understanding of the difference between an investment adviser and a market-maker. And ditto for fiduciary as well. Don't feel bad though as you're no worse off than many of yesterday's inquisitors.

I'm going to engage in a bit of charity in an attempt to pierce the pack animal fugue of TM's thought processes.

TM,

Selfishness and being a member of a community are not mutually exclusive. Your own definition of morality is full of contradictions. The implication of your defense of a pack is that it benefits the individual to be part of one - you are justifying it with Selfish Self Interest.Why would an adult member forgo food to feed the young under your philosophy? The child begging for food it could not obtain its self was jsut tyring to fool you remember??

Selfish, Rational People understand their relationships and interdependence with other people. They respect those relationships and do not cheat, force, coerce, or harm others. It's not in their Selfish Self Interest to do so. Please give me an example of a person in history who preformed this philosophy to your predicted end?

The people who preach that you must sacrifice for others are the ones who are trying to fool you. They want to take what you sacrifice for their own benefit. So Jesus was trying to fool the world, Gandi too?

*helpfully and hoping these words don't have too many syllables for TM to grok*

boe

Your philosophy fails miserably

Ripping off their customers, huh? Fortunately your thread went off on the Rand tangent.

But, back to your original allegation. You show a distinct lack of understanding

There. I fixed your last paragraph for you. Everything after "understanding" is unnecessary. She persists in a general state of lacking any understanding whatsoever.

But, back to your original allegation. You show a distinct lack of understanding of the difference between an investment adviser and a market-maker. And ditto for fiduciary as well. Don't feel bad though as you're no worse off than many of yesterday's inquisitors.

They were the result of this failed philosophy my friend.

What Rand claims will happen in an unfettered market has NEVER in history been proven out.

It is a fantasy that will never exsist just like true communism.

Looks great to fools on paper but adults know its just a fantasy that is beyond the creatures that inhabit this planet.

Why would an adult member forgo food to feed the young under your philosophy? The child begging for food it could not obtain its self was jsut tyring to fool you remember??

It's a matter of having a hierarchy of values. If the adult values the life of the child, why wouldn't the adult take care of that child? That's what parents do all of the time. Extending the value for children beyond a family circle is something that moral people feel; children are dependents and vulnerable. As a member of a community, it's rational for an adult to relieve the suffering of a future adult of the community.

The bigger issue you leave unasked is why is that child begging in the first place - where are the parents and why is no one caring for that child.? How's that Pack Animal system working for you in this scenario?

And, why do you assume that a child begging for food is just trying to "fool" anyone? A child is not an adult. Why would an adult expect the same level of responsibility from a child as he would an adult?

Please give me an example of a person in history who preformed this philosophy to your predicted end?

Anyone who developed a product or service and let the free markets determine his or her success has done this.

So Jesus was trying to fool the world, Gandi too?

I'd say that many of the teachings attributed to Jesus have been woefully manipulated for the interests of big power structures.

Ghandi's philosophy is ultimately one of self annihilation and avoidance of responsibility:

"There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."

The only way for a Ghandist to survive is to assume that someone else will fight his battles - that person being someone who rejects Ghandism.

Note the parallels with what you believe. You despise those who are self-motivated to produce, yet you would not be able to exist without their productivity. That's why you hate Rand. She outed people like you.

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ukJiBZ8_4k&feature=related]YouTube - Ayn Rand Mike Wallace Interview 1959 part 1[/ame]

She says its evil to sacrafice yourself for your fellow man.

Right out of her own mouth..

Randian hero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a conception of the ideal man, the Randian hero has much in common with Aristotle's conception of agathos, in that both are morally heroic and heroically rational.[1] The philosophers share a similar naturalist/objectivist meta-ethical perspective emphasizing character as the primary determinant of moral worth, and possess a fundamentally heroic attitude towards life.[1][3] The Randian hero exemplifies ethical egoism, the normative ethical position that the self-interest of the individual ought to be the basis for moral action.[1] The specific virtues of the Randian hero, like the Aristotelian ideal, are created from rationality, the primary virtue; rationality is the hero's basic tool of survival, to be exercised at all times.[4] The primary value, the "highest moral purpose", is happiness (cf. eudaimonia).[4] Rand frequently declared her motive and purpose in writing to be "the projection of an ideal man";[2] all of her protagonists are heroes

What part of the word "fiction" escapes you?

Forum List

Back