Randian Cardboard heros

Why would an adult member forgo food to feed the young under your philosophy? The child begging for food it could not obtain its self was jsut tyring to fool you remember??

It's a matter of having a hierarchy of values. If the adult values the life of the child, why wouldn't the adult take care of that child? That's what parents do all of the time. Extending the value for children beyond a family circle is something that moral people feel; children are dependents and vulnerable. As a member of a community, it's rational for an adult to relieve the suffering of a future adult of the community.

The bigger issue you leave unasked is why is that child begging in the first place - where are the parents and why is no one caring for that child.? How's that Pack Animal system working for you in this scenario?

And, why do you assume that a child begging for food is just trying to "fool" anyone? A child is not an adult. Why would an adult expect the same level of responsibility from a child as he would an adult?

Please give me an example of a person in history who preformed this philosophy to your predicted end?

Anyone who developed a product or service and let the free markets determine his or her success has done this.

So Jesus was trying to fool the world, Gandi too?

I'd say that many of the teachings attributed to Jesus have been woefully manipulated for the interests of big power structures.

Ghandi's philosophy is ultimately one of self annihilation and avoidance of responsibility:

"There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."It was a moral choice he made and he lived to a riope old age now didtn he? He DID what he claimed would work and it did work. Being nonviolent was what gained the indian people their freedom now wasnt it. Who did Rand free with her selfishness?

The only way for a Ghandist to survive is to assume that someone else will fight his battles - that person being someone who rejects Ghandism. Talking about NOT GETTING IT you are blind. Who killed for Gandhi?

Note the parallels with what you believe. You despise those who are self-motivated to produce, yet you would not be able to exist without their productivity. That's why you hate Rand. She outed people like you.

I am self motivated to produce you fucking idiot and own three houses all gained without thinking I had to be a selfish whore.

You would not exsist if it were not for the SELF SACRAFICE of millions of people who did it proudly to protect the ones they loved and even people they would never know.

visit a vets grave some time.

Why would an adult member forgo food to feed the young under your philosophy? The child begging for food it could not obtain its self was jsut tyring to fool you remember??

It's a matter of having a hierarchy of values. If the adult values the life of the child, why wouldn't the adult take care of that child? That's what parents do all of the time. Extending the value for children beyond a family circle is something that moral people feel; children are dependents and vulnerable. As a member of a community, it's rational for an adult to relieve the suffering of a future adult of the community.

The bigger issue you leave unasked is why is that child begging in the first place - where are the parents and why is no one caring for that child.? How's that Pack Animal system

working for you in this scenario?

And, why do you assume that a child begging for food is just trying to "fool" anyone? A child is not an adult. Why would an adult expect the same level of responsibility from a child as he would an adult?

Please give me an example of a person in history who preformed this philosophy to your predicted end?

Anyone who developed a product or service and let the free markets determine his or her success has done this.

So Jesus was trying to fool the world, Gandi too?

I'd say that many of the teachings attributed to Jesus have been woefully manipulated for the interests of big power structures.

Ghandi's philosophy is ultimately one of self annihilation and avoidance of responsibility:

"There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for."

The only way for a Ghandist to survive is to assume that someone else will fight his battles - that person being someone who rejects Ghandism.

Note the parallels with what you believe. You despise those who are self-motivated to produce, yet you would not be able to exist without their productivity. That's why you hate Rand. She outed people like you.

YOu may as well save your breath Bo. LOL

She don't get it.

No way she will ever get it.

Nor does she want to get it.

Just a fact of life. Jeeze.

Good laugh though.

Last edited:
Didnt get it?

If you think it makes you smarter than me to swallow this sick womans clap trap then go look at her personal life.

She was a fricking mess.

Randian hero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a conception of the ideal man, the Randian hero has much in common with Aristotle's conception of agathos, in that both are morally heroic and heroically rational.[1] The philosophers share a similar naturalist/objectivist meta-ethical perspective emphasizing character as the primary determinant of moral worth, and possess a fundamentally heroic attitude towards life.[1][3] The Randian hero exemplifies ethical egoism, the normative ethical position that the self-interest of the individual ought to be the basis for moral action.[1] The specific virtues of the Randian hero, like the Aristotelian ideal, are created from rationality, the primary virtue; rationality is the hero's basic tool of survival, to be exercised at all times.[4] The primary value, the "highest moral purpose", is happiness (cf. eudaimonia).[4] Rand frequently declared her motive and purpose in writing to be "the projection of an ideal man";[2] all of her protagonists are heroes

What part of the word "fiction" escapes you?

Thank you for helping me make my point Rand is nothing but fiction, its myths of sick woman who was a selfish shitty writer.

See those guys yessterday defending ripping off their customers?

Those are the Heros Ayn Rand tried to convince you were Gods.

Hows that Randy Heroy thing working out for you?
Worst immitation of Ellsworth Toohey I've ever seen. Oh wait... that was your Gail Wynand?

pfftt>snort<hehhehheh

oooookie dokie!

See those guys yessterday defending ripping off their customers?

Those are the Heros Ayn Rand tried to convince you were Gods.

Hows that Randy Heroy thing working out for you?
Worst immitation of Ellsworth Toohey I've ever seen. Oh wait... that was your Gail Wynand?

pfftt>snort<hehhehheh

oooookie dokie!

Wesley Mouch? :lol::lol::lol:

I am self motivated to produce you fucking idiot and own three houses all gained without thinking I had to be a selfish whore.

You would not exsist if it were not for the SELF SACRAFICE of millions of people who did it proudly to protect the ones they loved and even people they would never know.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that people who frequently accuse others of being bitches and whores are they themselves both.

[sarcasm]Why do you own three houses? Isn't it SELFISH? Why don't you give them to the homeless?[/sarcasm]

Vets who serve do so for a higher purpose. You clearly do not understand what a Hierarchy of Values is. A vet who serves his country places a High Value on that country. He is willing to risk his life because he places more value on what his country means to his value system.

Let's look at what the meaning of Sacrifice is: to give up something one values more in service to something one values less. If one gives up for something of lower value for a higher value, then it is not really a sacrifice. It is actually paying a price to serve a higher value.

Your use of the word Sacrifice is very misguided and misleading.

Why anyone should encourage destroying something of Higher Value in exchange for a Lesser Value is something you should ponder.

Love your little bible verses huh?

Do you know how rand felt about religion?

It is a truth universally acknowledged that people who frequently accuse others of being bitches and whores are they themselves both.

[sarcasm]Why do you own three houses? Isn't it SELFISH? Why don't you give them to the homeless?[/sarcasm]

Vets who serve do so for a higher purpose. You clearly do not understand what a Hierarchy of Values is. A vet who serves his country places a High Value on that country. He is willing to risk his life because he places more value on what his country means to his value system.ROTFL a higher purpose that Rand finds evil you fool.

Let's look at what the meaning of Sacrifice is: to give up something one values more in service to something one values less. If one gives up for something of lower value for a higher value, then it is not really a sacrifice. It is actually paying a price to serve a higher value. Its sacrafice for others and pretending its not is why this little randian thing is such a bust

Your use of the word Sacrifice is very misguided and misleading.

Why anyone should encourage destroying something of Higher Value in exchange for a Lesser Value is something you should ponder.

You and rand hate self sacrafice remember.

Never feed a starving child if it means you willl go hungry.

Never fight to protect other human beings if you can die doing it.

I already explained your fallacy regarding sacrifice.

Giving food to a hungry child is not a sacrifice in my value system. It's the decent thing to do consistent with my hierarchy of values. I have compassion for the child; not the contempt you display if you think it's a sacrifice to help him.

Giving food to a hungry child is not a sacrifice in my value system. It's the decent thing to do consistent with my hierarchy of values. I have compassion for the child; not the contempt you display if you think it's a sacrifice to help him.

So when you do it its noble and when I do it its evil.

You are one fucking twisted idiot.

Listen to your hero on the tape and realise what she is really offering

I act in a way that is consistent with my beliefs.

Why do you hate the poor starving child?

I act in a way that is consistent with my beliefs.

Why do you hate the poor starving child?

Soi anyone who is not a Rand deciple hates the child they are sacraficing to feed?

Wow what a real fucking prize you are

sacrifice definition - Dictionary - MSN Encarta

She does not get to redefine words to make her little ideas seem like they make sense

Yet again, you post something you haven't read which supports the opposite of your point of view.

From your link:

sac·ri·fice [ sákr&#601; f&#63494;ss ]

noun (plural sac·ri·fic·es)
Definition:

1. giving up of something valued: a giving up of something valuable or important for somebody or something else considered to be of more value or importance

The very first definition is exactly consistent with acting according to a hierarchy of values as discussed in my posts.

Your twisted reasoning turns it around so that one is supposed to give up something of value for something one values less. Altruism requires people to give up something they value more for something they value less.

Last edited:

So when you do it its noble and when I do it its evil.

You are one fucking twisted idiot.

Listen to your hero on the tape and realise what she is really offering
if you had read carefully in Atlas Shrugged. She points out that charity taken from others by force is not charity, it is theft and the reception of stolen goods. Those forced to work at the benefit of others with no fair compensation is slavery.

As for Ayn Rand's personal views on religion, she's entitled to them. Doesn't mean that we, who find her dead on correct in regards to charity, enslavement and the looting by those who believe need begats rights, have to share that.

Plus, charity is allowed under Objectivism. The key is it is YOURs to do with as YOU please. If giving to someone gives you pleasure, you in extent are purchasing pleasure from another by the exchange. But you do so freely.

In the Fountainhead Wynand tries to save Roark because it pleased him to do so... it assuaged his guilt that he felt even though he should not have felt it. This is charity of service given freely. The fact that Rand's belief in anything beyond the natural is lacking does not change this.

Sacrifice &mdash; AynRand Lexicon

&#8220;Sacrifice&#8221; is the surrender of a greater value for the sake of a lesser one or of a nonvalue. Thus, altruism gauges a man&#8217;s virtue by the degree to which he surrenders, renounces or betrays his values (since help to a stranger or an enemy is regarded as more virtuous, less &#8220;selfish,&#8221; than help to those one loves). The rational principle of conduct is the exact opposite: always act in accordance with the hierarchy of your values, and never sacrifice a greater value to a lesser one.

It is unrandian to risk your own life to save a child you did not sire

Now it is also unRandian to give up your life in a war to protect people you dont know

Last edited:

Forum List

Back