Rand Paul’s message to Republican convention: Fuck the Pentagon

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Well, Rand Paul didn't quite exactly say "Fuck", that's my emphasis but he may as well as of used that word because of how the the right-wing caters to and dangerously kisses ass when it comes to the military. Look for Paul to get roundly booed by the Republican "Military Industrial Complex" crowd at the convention if he gets to speak that is.

Fiscal-responsibility does not apply to our armed-forces according to the Republicans.

Rand Paul

"Because we've talked about audit the Fed so much, we're now talking about audit the Pentagon," Paul told the crowd. "Now, because of Hurricane Isaac, it's not sure whether my message will get to the Republican National Convention, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able speak. And one of the messages that I will give to them is that Republicans need to acknowledge that not every dollar is well spent or sacred in the military and we have to look for ways to make every department accountable."

Well, Rand Paul didn't quite exactly say "Fuck", that's my emphasis but he may as well as of used that word because of how the the right-wing caters to and dangerously kisses ass when it comes to the military. Look for Paul to get roundly booed by the Republican "Military Industrial Complex" crowd at the convention if he gets to speak that is.

Fiscal-responsibility does not apply to our armed-forces according to the Republicans.

Rand Paul

"Because we've talked about audit the Fed so much, we're now talking about audit the Pentagon," Paul told the crowd. "Now, because of Hurricane Isaac, it's not sure whether my message will get to the Republican National Convention, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able speak. And one of the messages that I will give to them is that Republicans need to acknowledge that not every dollar is well spent or sacred in the military and we have to look for ways to make every department accountable."

Talk about 'biting the hand that feeds you'.

Rand Paul

Talk about 'biting the hand that feeds you'.

Go ahead... discuss already.

Many times I am in full agreement with Rand Paul. Then others, I find it hard to believe I agree with him on anything. The two things I do agree with him on are the need to cut military spending and quit trying to police the entire damn world, and secondly, that the best fix to SS and Medicare is to raise the retirement age.

Right-Wing Liberals, aka neocons, love huge government programs relating to the military and the more people they can get living on a government check in the military, the happier they are. To what end? Murdering Arabs to show their loyalty to a swarn enemy of Christ, Israel.

Sure it does, But the Left seems to think we can only Cut defense and nothing else. Defense is not what we spend the most money on, and Defense is not anywhere near the Long Term Debt Problem that MC and SS represent.

Not to mention that a Huge % of Defense spending is actually on Goods from US companies in the Defense industry that employ millions. Or direct paychecks to our Men and Woman in Uniform. So Cutting it does not come with out Economic Costs.

Who was it the other day that posted that we spend more than the rest of the world Combined on Defense? It may have been true in the past, But today we spend more than the next 21 Nations combined.

we need to balance things, make cuts everywhere, But Ron Paul, and Obama's way, of simply Gutting defense is not the Answer, and is extremely short sited.

IMO

Tax capital gains as income.

Get rid of the 100K cap on Medicare tax.

Problem solved.

Right-Wing Liberals, aka neocons, love huge government programs relating to the military and the more people they can get living on a government check in the military, the happier they are. To what end? Murdering Arabs to show their loyalty to a swarn enemy of Christ, Israel.

WHAT? What the hell are you talking about?

Sure it does, But the Left seems to think we can only Cut defense and nothing else. Defense is not what we spend the most money on, and Defense is not anywhere near the Long Term Debt Problem that MC and SS represent.

Not to mention that a Huge % of Defense spending is actually on Goods from US companies in the Defense industry that employ millions. Or direct paychecks to our Men and Woman in Uniform. So Cutting it does not come with out Economic Costs.

Who was it the other day that posted that we spend more than the rest of the world Combined on Defense? It may have been true in the past, But today we spend more than the next 21 Nations combined.

we need to balance things, make cuts everywhere, But Ron Paul, and Obama's way, of simply Gutting defense is not the Answer, and is extremely short sited.

IMO

They had two years of being completely in control did they not?

Why didn't any of the democrats move on it? Honest question. And frankly we can ask this about so many issues.

They had it all. Why is anyone whining now because they had it all?

he did call the repubs out and the delegates were fired up, the opposite of a Romney crowd ;) He said the repub establishment "allowed" him to speak for an entire hour.

Last edited:

IMO

A quick example of our unregulated defense spending is this new fighter jet they want to purchase. The total cost on this jet including maintenance over it's projected lifespan is over $1 trillion. That is just for a fighter jet. Now let me explain; they want 2500 of them, so the cost is only $400 million per fighter which can then be split over the lifespan of the fighter, which is estimated at 50 years.

Lifetime cost to run F-35 fighter: about $1 trillion | Reuters

Now, I am not opposed to us buying this fighter, but my question is why do we need almost 2500 of them? Are we planning to invade someone that I don't know about?

Here is another example; $77 Billion Raptor F-22 Fighter Jets That Have Never Gone to War - ABC News

Why are we wasting money on this crap?

IMO

They had two years of being completely in control did they not?

Why didn't any of the democrats move on it? Honest question. And frankly we can ask this about so many issues.

They had it all. Why is anyone whining now because they had it all?

What? If you are talking about fiscal responsibility concerning our military Obama did indeed downsize by streamlining and ridding of old and outdated military items including ships and such. Downsizing to a more smarter and better size military.

IMO

A quick example of our unregulated defense spending is this new fighter jet they want to purchase. The total cost on this jet including maintenance over it's projected lifespan is over $1 trillion. That is just for a fighter jet. Now let me explain; they want 2500 of them, so the cost is only $400 million per fighter which can then be split over the lifespan of the fighter, which is estimated at 50 years.

Lifetime cost to run F-35 fighter: about $1 trillion | Reuters

Now, I am not opposed to us buying this fighter, but my question is why do we need almost 2500 of them? Are we planning to invade someone that I don't know about?
Here is another example; $77 Billion Raptor F-22 Fighter Jets That Have Never Gone to War - ABC News

Why are we wasting money on this crap?

Yes, Mars.

Forum List

Back