Rand Paul supporter pleads not guilty

Ive seen the tape. I dont think that qualifies as a "woman beater".

And everyone is entitled to defend themselves in the Court of Law. Or are you saying he isn't allowed to because he had the audacity to vote for Rand Paul?

That schmuck should get a month or two cooling his heels in the clink..and a hefty fine, for what he did. Maybe an Anger Managment course..or a stint in a battered woman's shelter.

What an absolute punk.

Without even checking, I know that the OP is linking to HuffyPuffy.

allergic-to-stupid-people.jpg

Dec 7, 4:59 AM EST

Former Rand Paul volunteer due in court

LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -- A former volunteer with Kentucky Republican Rand Paul's Senate campaign is due back in a Lexington court Tuesday for a hearing on a misdemeanor assault charge for a videotaped scuffle during which a liberal activist's head was stepped on.

Tim Profitt has pleaded not guilty to a charge of fourth-degree assault.

TBO.com - News From AP

Anyone alleged to have committed a crime, regardless of any political support or affiliation, should be handled by the justice system in exactly the same manner...

So your point is????.....?????

Anyone alleged to have committed a crime, regardless of any political support or affiliation, should be handled by the justice system in exactly the same manner...

I'm pretty sure his point is that this Rand Paul volunteer is due in court to face the justice system in exactly the same manner as anyone charged with assaulting a woman.

How could the guy plead innocent? The proof is our there for all to see.

With him perhaps everything is someone elses fault.
Your honor the other guy put her head where I was going to step.

I'm pretty sure his point is that this Rand Paul volunteer is due in court to face the justice system in exactly the same manner as anyone charged with assaulting a woman.

Then pointing out it is a Rand Paul supporter is relevant HOW??

He likely thinks its OK to hurt people who come close to your candidate.

Maybe because that is the event in which we remember him by...if the OP just said the guy's name....we'd all be like "huh?"

Umm has something to do with libertarianism/Rand Paul and freedom of speech being squashed, etc.
But being a republican and not a libertarian you would not understand.

And then too 3 or more men to handle one lady? Then stomp her after she was down?
It is not cool to defend that guys actions in any way.

He obviously lost control, it was wrong what he did, and he should suffer the consequences. It however was also human nature, and that should be remembered at every protest and political event. Behavior, on all sides, has an effect on those around you.

He obviously lost control, it was wrong what he did, and he should suffer the consequences. It however was also human nature, and that should be remembered at every protest and political event. Behavior, on all sides, has an effect on those around you.

This is very true. The setting and mood of the crowd does have an affect on people. I had a friend who used to volunteer for the Republican party. She used to try and talk to the protestors outside of the building during the elections. Many of them would/could get very aggressive and I finally told her that she needed to stop, because one day she was going to get hurt. When emotions run high...all bets are off... and that applies to both sides of the political isle.

Forum List

Back