Rand Paul supporter pleads not guilty

Anyone alleged to have committed a crime, regardless of any political support or affiliation, should be handled by the justice system in exactly the same manner...

So your point is????.....?????

I'm pretty sure his point is that this Rand Paul volunteer is due in court to face the justice system in exactly the same manner as anyone charged with assaulting a woman.

Then pointing out it is a Rand Paul supporter is relevant HOW??

Context of the story. This wouldn't be a news story but for the connection to a leading US politician and the behavior of his volunteers at one of his events (namely, stepping on a young woman's head)

Anyone alleged to have committed a crime, regardless of any political support or affiliation, should be handled by the justice system in exactly the same manner...

So your point is????.....?????

I'm pretty sure his point is that this Rand Paul volunteer is due in court to face the justice system in exactly the same manner as anyone charged with assaulting a woman.

Ummmm, because it's a political forum?

So are we subtly laying off some of the blame on the victim? Or excusing the perp? If someone I find objectionable comes to my city, I'd plan to protest live. That is my right.

Am I supposed to be chilled from this because a supporter of my opponent may assault me?

This man's behavior was outrageous and illegal. No matter who you support politically, it should be condemned.

And since no one else is saying it, I will: rhetoric like Rand Paul's helps to lower such inhibitions as people may have, trains them to think of their fellow countrymen as the "enemy" and can reasonably be partially blamed for what happened....and he is hardly alone. You lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

So are we subtly laying off some of the blame on the victim? Or excusing the perp? If someone I find objectionable comes to my city, I'd plan to protest live. That is my right.

Am I supposed to be chilled from this because a supporter of my opponent may assault me?

This man's behavior was outrageous and illegal. No matter who you support politically, it should be condemned.

And since no one else is saying it, I will: rhetoric like Rand Paul's helps to lower such inhibitions as people may have, trains them to think of their fellow countrymen as the "enemy" and can reasonably be partially blamed for what happened....and he is hardly alone. You lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.

Madeline, how you behave or fail to behave effects those around you. That is the point. The victim was at fault too, because of her behavior. Stop making excuses. Both people did wrong, though the natures of their errors were different, both contributed to what happened, he will pay the greater price, because his harm was both out of control and deliberate. The victim violated the Right's and space of the Candidate by advancing towards the vehicle with sign in hand, and trespassed into the side window with it. That was aggressive behavior.

My point is not about the Politics, who is on what side, it is about General Conduct, which can easily start Riot's or Police actions. Get a clue and learn from what happened.

How dare she show a sign to Paul

You don't run up and shove it in someones face, that was impulsive and stupid, TM. We need to focus on training participant's better on all sides of what is acceptable, and what is not. In this case she put only herself at risk. That is rarely the case, violence usually escalates, that is the point.

Madeline, how you behave or fail to behave effects those around you. That is the point. The victim was at fault too, because of her behavior. Stop making excuses. Both people did wrong, though the natures of their errors were different, both contributed to what happened, he will pay the greater price, because his harm was both out of control and deliberate. The victim violated the Right's and space of the Candidate by advancing towards the vehicle with sign in hand, and trespassed into the side window with it. That was aggressive behavior.

My point is not about the Politics, who is on what side, it is about General Conduct, which can easily start Riot's or Police actions. Get a clue and learn from what happened.

^Remember when conservatarians believed in personal responsibility? Unbelievable.

It's been awhile since I watched the video, so here it is again.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZxvYdYOqWQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZxvYdYOqWQ[/ame]

She did say she wanted to present the sign to Paul, so presumably she tried to approach him.....but the supporters were out of control. As best I can tell, she never got anywhere near Paul. (Oddly, there doesn't seem to have been any security near him.)

It's been awhile since I watched the video, so here it is again.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZxvYdYOqWQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZxvYdYOqWQ[/ame]

She did say she wanted to present the sign to Paul, so presumably she tried to approach him.....but the supporters were out of control. As best I can tell, she never got anywhere near Paul. (Oddly, there doesn't seem to have been any security near him.)

I do see why you get the impression you do. This Tape is edited. It does not show the beginning of the confrontation. I will try to find the full Version.

Uh,Rand Paul won in a Landslide. Get over it kooks. Moveon.org is a Hate Organization. Screw em.

Ive seen the tape. I dont think that qualifies as a "woman beater".

And everyone is entitled to defend themselves in the Court of Law. Or are you saying he isn't allowed to because he had the audacity to vote for Rand Paul?

Anyone can be accused of anything to score political points. Doesn't matter if it demeans actual victims of serious violence or what actually happened.... For political point scoring, anything goes. There is no moral standard.

Context of the story. This wouldn't be a news story but for the connection to a leading US politician and the behavior of his volunteers at one of his events (namely, stepping on a young woman's head)

But remember! She's to blame here.

Uh,Rand Paul won in a Landslide. Get over it kooks. Moveon.org is a Hate Organization. Screw em.

So?

This is about a person who assaulted another person outside one of his rallies....not about Rand Paul winning or losing.

Bullshit. Just another smear on Rand Paul. The Wingers just can't get over the fact he won in a Landslide despite what their Moveon.org assholes tried to do. He won,they lost. Time to move on. :)

^Remember when conservatarians believed in personal responsibility? Unbelievable.

they never actually believed in it any more than they did smaller govt and reducing spending. Since 1980 at least. Historical evidence proves that.

So?

This is about a person who assaulted another person outside one of his rallies....not about Rand Paul winning or losing.

Bullshit. Just another smear on Rand Paul. The Wingers just can't get over the fact he won in a Landslide despite what their Moveon.org assholes tried to do. He won,they lost. Time to move on. :)

This is about an out of control Rand Paul supporter, actually a county campaign manager.
And his pleading innocent in the face of irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

It may perhaps give a small snapshot into the psyche of Rand Paul supporters though.

Maybe because that is the event in which we remember him by...if the OP just said the guy's name....we'd all be like "huh?"

Because it would not be anything more than a typical case of somebody accused of something... but no... in the case of the OP and an agenda driven media, it makes it nationally BECAUSE it is a political jab.... that somehow it shines on Rand Paul because someone who 'supported' him is allegedly a 'bad man'....

You know it, I know it, and any somewhat clear headed person should know it....

Thankies, Intense. I watched three before I chose this one, and they all seemed to be the same.

Here is another that shows the beginning. Take Note on the 22 Second, 29-30 second, and 36 second marks on the tape. Also that she was wearing a wig.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viFUGufE1M8&feature=more_related[/ame]

I've been on both sides of the Protest's, I'm just saying from experience that things can deteriorate and get dangerous really fast. That is why we need to be vigilant, and even in some cases take the hit, rather than cause things to escalate. Document everything you can. That is where the real power lies. These current tapes fail to show the context, and distort what happened. What the man did with his foot was wrong, illegal, and out of control, I'm not disputing that at all. I won't contribute to mis-characterizing what happened. The Punishment should fit the crime. The prosecution does not need to mis-represent what happened to serve justice.

Forum List

Back