Rand Paul Plagiarized Wikipedia in Speech

What an embarrassing set of posts for you.

If that is your rebuttal, then you should be embarrassed. I would like to see you rebut this claim, or otherwise stop attacking the merit of my posts. Because anyone who lacks an argument will resort to this type of tactic.
I don;t need to repeat what has already been shown in this thread.

If you're too lazy to read back, that's on you.

Anyone familiar with the details of the Rand Paul fiasco or has been following this thread knows how severely wrong you are.

So before you embarrass yourself further, read back -- or at least pretend to to know you have a grasp on the raw facts.

Classic libtard Big Lie Bluff.

Make your own case or shut the fuck up, stupid mindless bitch.

This thread exemplifies liberal think.

Rand Paul didn't plagerize anyone. Maddow goes off half cocked about this. Headlines ensue and morons on this board regurgitate bullshit.

Who's original work did he plagerize? Can anyone give me a name?
Hey, aneurism. there had been like 7 places he's copied wholecloth big swipes of text. It's all over in top news stories.

He is now Senator Cut & Paste.

He even admitted to stealing it. Then blamed his staff.

Maybe for once you could read a thread without the drug-induced flashbacks which prevent you from scrolling back, reading, and making a fool of yourself.

That's not an answer. You throw all these links at us but you can't answer one simple question. I must also point out that you can't plagiarize Wikipedia, it's open source you idiot. It can be edited by anyone at any time. Without knowing who he allegedly plagiarized in the first place, your claim falls flat. That page is edited hundreds of times, and nobody claims any ownership of the material that exists on the page itself.

For there to be plagiarism, there must be a distinct progenitor of the material, which there isn't. I will hear nothing more of this 'Rand Paul Plagiarized Wikipedia' nonsense. It's bunk.

These morons don't know how to debate, only lie, insult, dodge and deflect.

The Democrat Party is a pathetic shell of what it was in my granddad was still alive.

He would puke at the thought of these idiots running his beloved party.

If that is your rebuttal, then you should be embarrassed. I would like to see you rebut this claim, or otherwise stop attacking the merit of my posts. Because anyone who lacks an argument will resort to this type of tactic.

Anyone familiar with the details of the Rand Paul fiasco or has been following this thread knows how severely wrong you are.

So before you embarrass yourself further, read back -- or at least pretend to to know you have a grasp on the raw facts.

Classic conservative ‘debate.’

Is it really that hard to type in Rand Paul into google for some of these nutburgers.

1. Rand Paul admits his plagiarism 'is my fault'

USA TODAY *- 1 hour ago
      WASHINGTON — After facing accusations of plagiarism in speeches, an article and one of his books, Sen. Rand Paul said Tuesday through a ...

1. Rand Paul's Washington Times Column Put To An End Amid Plagiarism Charges

Huffington Post* - 3 hours ago
  1. Senator Rand Paul Faces New Charges of Plagiarism - NYTimes.com

www.nytimes.com/.../senator-rand-paul-faces-new-charges-of-plagiarism.ht...
    2 days ago - An op-ed article Mr. Paul wrote for The Washington Times on mandatory minimum prison sentences appears to have copied language from an ...
  2. Rand Paul Plagiarism: Washington Times Nixes His Column | TIME ...

swampland.time.com/.../newspaper-nixes-rand-pauls-column-after-...
    by Nate Rawlings - in 609 Google+ circles
    8 hours ago - The conservative newspaper Washington Times announced on Tuesday that it will end a regular column by Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand ...
  3. Rand Paul's plagiarism allegations, and why they matter

www.washingtonpost.com/.../rand-pauls-plagiarism-allegations-an...
    by Aaron Blake - in 128 Google+ circles
    2 days ago - Over the last week, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has been accused of multiple counts of plagiarism — both in speeches he gave and in a book he ...
  4. More evidence emerges of plagiarism in Rand Paul's work - CBS ...

www.cbsnews.com/.../more-evidence-emerges-of-plagiarism-in-rand-pauls-...
    22 hours ago - A new report reveals a recent op-ed by the GOP senator copied a news article on mandatory minimum sentencing.
  5. Rand Paul faces another plagiarism claim - Tal Kopan - POLITICO ...

www.politico.com/story/.../rand-paul-plagiarism-accusations-99362.html?...
    1 day ago - The accusations of plagiarism continue to pile up for Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, with new reports that an op-ed he wrote in September bears ...
  6. Washington Times ends Sen. Rand Paul column amid plagiarism ...

www.washingtontimes.com/.../washington-times-ends-sen-rand-paul-colum...
    21 hours ago - U.S. Sen. Rand Paul acknowledged Tuesday he had failed to properly source material in published writings, including a column in The ...
  7. Rand Paul Responds To Plagiarism Accusations: 'If Dueling Were ...

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../rand-paul-plagiarism_n_4208469....*
    by Mollie Reilly
    3 days ago - Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) fired back Sunday against accusations that he plagiarized portions of his speeches from Wikipedia articles, musing "if ...
  8. Washington Times Ends Rand Paul's Column After Plagiarism

www.buzzfeed.com/.../washington-times-ends-rand-pauls-column-after-pla...
    20 hours ago - Paul had written hundreds of articles for the paper. ..
  9. Washington Times Ends Rand Paul's Weekly Column After ...

talkingpointsmemo.com/.../washington-times-ends-rand-paul-s-weekly-colu...
    20 hours ago - The Washington Times and Sen. Rand Paul on Tuesday "mutually" agreed to end his weekly column after he failed to properly cite material and ...

lol, you libtards use political and economic influence to drop a columnist then use that as proof he is guilty as you claim?

roflmao

^ Completely incorrigible. ^

^Completely out of touch

OMG, Temp, seriously? Are you truly still operating under the delusion that the story on the plagiarism came from the Onion?

No. What made you think that? If the Onion is making fun of it, it must be full of shit. Having The Onion even mentioning this delegitmizes the credibility of this story. I've waited for a report on all the major news channels about this oh so damning admission from Rand Paul, so far, nothing. If I may point out, what you're doing is grasping at straws.

Classic C_Clayton_Jones response.

anal-retentive Bush voter Chris Mathews tells MSNBC dims that Rand Paul is bad for "plagiarizing" wikipedia

he sure is angry. :eusa_eh:

as to the OP, The Washington Times, THE conservative paper in D.C., wouldn't just drop him on a hunch. He left a trail of plagiarism that is easy enough to check up on in the digital age.

Last edited:
The story isn't going away. It's got legs and is growing. Like so many scandals, it's not the original scandal that destroys the politicians, it's how they handle it. Paul has been using the same lame excuses as some of the posters that support him here are using. Well, more likely the posters here are just mimickimg him and using his talking points. It's going over the same way in the real world as it has in this thread. Kind of shock and disbelief at the lame excuses and refusal to take responsibility or even aknowledge reality.

Journalism Professor Would Flunk Rand Paul For An 'Unambiguous Case Of Plagiarism'

NOVEMBER 6, 2013, 1:48 PM EST14972
Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) thinks the media doth protest too much, and if he were a journalism professor he would flunk the media for reporting on several instances of apparent plagiarism found in speeches and text by the Kentucky Republican. A journalism professor at Baylor University, Paul's alma mater, didn't quite see it that way.

"Having now read both the provided texts of the speeches and columns of Sen. Paul in question, as well as the original materials, I believe that Sen. Paul's comment 'if I were their journalism teacher in college, I would fail them' is inappropriate and misguided," Robert Darden, associate professor at Baylor University's Journalism, Public Relations and New Media school in Texas, told TPM.

Paul's stance on the subject has shifted with each revelation, first reported by MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and BuzzFeed. The senator initially struck a defiant tone, wishing he could duel with the "hacks and haters" calling him out for plagiarism. He later admitted that his staff, under a heavy workload, could have been more careful, and that "ultimately," it was his "fault." But on Wednesday, Paul lashed out at his critics once more.

"I'm being criticized for not having proper attribution, and yet they are able to write stuff that if I were their journalism teacher in college, I would fail them," Paul told National Review's Robert Costa.

Darden was not moved by that assessment.

"It appears that the Senator from Kentucky is choosing to attack the messenger rather than specifically address what appears to be an unambiguous case of plagiarism," he said in an email. "Had one of my Journalism students made the same mistakes, I would fail them for each individual assignment and refer the case to the appropriate university office that deals with honor code violations."
<more>

Even MORE instance are coming out. From Forbes now, the latest.

(What does this make ....like 7....8? instances where he cut & pastes pretty much wholesale...)

Section Of Rand Paul’s Book Plagiarized Forbes Article

Section Of Rand Paul?s Book Plagiarized Forbes Article
The floodgates are open when reporters smell blood in the water.

Rand Paul should resign.

I don't think Senator Cut & Paste needs to resign but he needs to come clean.
But you know that if this was Senator Franken, or Senator Warren, the calls for their resignation would be a constant drumbeat. The unified talking point that Republican robots parrot en masse.

Just look at the wingnuts like Senator Pat Roberts of Kansas, just today, asking Sebelius to resign, fer fuck's sake.

If that is the resignation bar, then Rand Paul has soared over it.

The floodgates are open when reporters smell blood in the water.

Rand Paul should resign.

I don't think Senator Cut & Paste needs to resign but he needs to come clean.
But you know that if this was Senator Franken, or Senator Warren, the calls for their resignation would be a constant drumbeat. The unified talking point that Republican robots parrot en masse.

Just look at the wingnuts like Senator Pat Roberts of Kansas, just today, asking Sebelius to resign, fer fuck's sake.

If that is the resignation bar, then Rand Paul has soared over it.
Which is worse, lifting a few lines from Wikipedia or systematically lying to the American people to pass a bill that ends up causing millions to lose their insurance?

I've written stuff for Wikipedia. Would these idiots complaining about Paul now say Im plagiarizing from Wikipedia if I repeat it publicly????

leave-rand-alone_zpsdbc6776d.jpg

I've written stuff for Wikipedia. Would these idiots complaining about Paul now say Im plagiarizing from Wikipedia if I repeat it publicly????
Paul swiped literally thousands of words, word for word, wholesale, from a variety of published sources, including, Forbes, AP, Heritage Foundation, and more.

These repeated Wiki comments are jellybone stupid at this point, considering the level of plagiarism he has been operating.

Paul swiped literally thousands of words, word for word, wholesale, from a variety of published sources, including, Forbes, AP, Heritage Foundation, and more.
These repeated Wiki comments are jellybone stupid at this point, considering the level of plagiarism he has been operating.

yeah that's right

[oh, sorry, I just stole that from a character on Seinfeld, sorrrrrrrrryyyyy]

"Lifting a few lines from Wiki" seems like the talking point for the day.

Forum List

Back