Rand Paul Plagiarized Wikipedia in Speech

If you believe that a claim that Rand Paul plagiarized Wikipedia is going to be some sort of smoking gun against him, please hang your hat on that.

iokiyar-1.jpg

Last edited:
I think you've got the wrong definition of plagiarize here.

You PLAGIARIZE the UNIQUE work and ideas of INDIVIDUALS. You don't plagiarize when you quote the Newtonian Laws of Motion or any other "COMMON KNOWLEDGE" topics..

Kinda sketchy since the olde Wiki is written FOR FREE by a MASS of anonymous people.. And no one page is neccessarily attributed to one individual or even really ATTRIBUTED --- is it?

I guess everything I learned as a teen reading the encyclopedia is plagiarism.. Who knew?

Silly leftist distractions.. Poor Rachael has to kill a lot of time lately to AVOID the elephants taking over the room.

Last edited:
You made me WATCH THAT CRAP? That is what you waste your life watching?

Lemme preface by saying, I used to LOVE MADDOW when she was a REAL journalist.. Read her stuff in The Nation and others REGULARLY..

THIS ACT --- is disgusting.. Calling plagiarism on a politician summarizing the theme of a F'ING MOVIE, because it's similiar to the Wiki description of the same said movie..

I could continue mocking you --- but life's WAAAAAY to fucking short for this crap..
REAL STORY HERE --- Rachael needs to fill an hour of air time with long cuts from crappy movies so that she can AVOID discussing any story that has to do with the REAL NEWS.. Like anything about ObamaCare or BenGhazi..

Last edited:
I think you've got the wrong definition of plagiarize here.

You PLAGIARIZE the UNIQUE work and ideas of INDIVIDUALS. You don't plagiarize when you quote the Newtonian Laws of Motion or any other "COMMON KNOWLEDGE" topics..

Kinda sketchy since the olde Wiki is written FOR FREE by a MASS of anonymous people.. And no one page is neccessarily attributed to one individual or even really ATTRIBUTED --- is it?

I guess everything I learned as a teen reading the encyclopedia is plagiarism.. Who knew?

In school, if you were asked to sum up Newton's laws and you started:
Newton's laws are applied to objects which are idealized as single point masses,in the sense that the size and shape of the object's body are neglected in order to focus on its motion more easily. This can be done when the object is small compared to the distances involved in its analysis, or the deformation and rotation of the body are of no importance. In this way, even a planet can be idealized as a particle for analysis of its orbital motion around a star.
You think your teacher would let it pass? No. That's word for word from Wiki. Those are not your words. That's plagiarized.
=========================

Paul said: “Due to frequent screenings, Vincent faces genetic discrimination and prejudice. The only way to achieve his dream of being an astronaut, is he has to become what’s called a ‘borrowed ladder.’”

Wikipedia says: “Due to frequent screening, Vincent faces genetic discrimination and prejudice. The only way he can achieve his dream of becoming an astronaut is to become a ‘borrowed ladder.’”

Paul said: “He assumes the identity of a Jerome Morrow, a world class swimming star with a genetic profile said to be ‘secondary to none,’ but he’s been paralyzed in a car accident.”

Wikipedia says: “He assumes the identity of Jerome Eugene Morrow, a former swimming star with a genetic profile “second to none”, who had been injured in a car accident, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down.”

Paul said: “Jerome buys his identity, uses his DNA — his blood, his hair, his tissue his urine — to pass the screenings.”

Wikipedia
says: “Vincent ‘buys’ Jerome’s identity and uses his ‘valid’ DNA in blood, hair, tissue, and urine samples to pass screening.”

Seems that Rand Paul is too busy trying to speak out against Obamacare, that he can't even take time out to research what is really going on, all he's got time for is quoting the Wikipedia entry for a movie called Gattica (which did really crappy at the box office) because he thinks it supports his views for why the ACA is evil.

Rand Paul Plagiarized Speech From Wikipedia, Rachel Maddow Says

Yanno..................if the majority of your argument is made by quoting Wikipedia, you might want to re-think your career choice of being a politician.

This won't hurt him at all. The plagiarism, that is.

He's a nut who is suggesting that we do not pursue science and he is using a sci-fi plot as his supporting evidence. The plagiarism is barely noticeable in all the stupid.

New Topics

Forum List

Back