Race relations arguably worse in ‘Age of Obama’

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
When President Barack Obama was elected the nation’s first black president in 2008, it suggested a move toward a post-racial America, the kind of society that Martin Luther King Jr. envisioned in his “I Have a Dream” speech a half-century before.

No doubt, the votes of a majority of U.S. voters for an African-American was a watershed of monumental proportion. But six years into the Age of Obama, relations between blacks and whites are arguably worse in communities across the nation.

WASHINGTON Race relations arguably worse in lsquo Age of Obama rsquo National Politics The Bellingham Herald
Well, who would know that a black president will raise racial issues to a new level? Maybe this is exactly what this administration wants?

When President Barack Obama was elected the nation’s first black president in 2008, it suggested a move toward a post-racial America, the kind of society that Martin Luther King Jr. envisioned in his “I Have a Dream” speech a half-century before.

No doubt, the votes of a majority of U.S. voters for an African-American was a watershed of monumental proportion. But six years into the Age of Obama, relations between blacks and whites are arguably worse in communities across the nation.

WASHINGTON Race relations arguably worse in lsquo Age of Obama rsquo National Politics The Bellingham Herald
Well, who would know that a black president will raise racial issues to a new level? Maybe this is exactly what this administration wants?
Whites were the only demographic below 50% in voting for the POTUS. People fail to take this into consideration when considering the post racial concept. What is actually happening is the "minorities" are starting to see the power of cooperation.

Whites were the only demographic below 50% in voting for the POTUS. People fail to take this into consideration when considering the post racial concept. What is actually happening is the "minorities" are starting to see the power of cooperation.
Minorities? You mean whites? :dunno:

Race relations haven't been this since the assassination of MLK. A black is president and yet so many blacks rally to the likes and the philosophy of scum like Sharpton. If Obama weren't the oward that he is, he would take the bull by the horns. However, any black man who doesn't tell black America what it wants to hear, eg: victims of racism and so on, is an Uncle Tom.

Black America is losing its best hope at sustainable progress. Another chance will not come again for a very long time, and never by the like of Sharpton, and Brown, Martin nor their families.

Minorities? You mean whites? :dunno:

Oh whites have no fear of becoming a minority. Check your last census to see the stats.

Either Chris Rock or Dave Chappelle had a comedy routine years and years ago where they joked about how it would be terrible to be the first black President because he'd be held under tighter scrutiny than any President that came before him. Seems they were right.

Either Chris Rock or Dave Chappelle had a comedy routine years and years ago where they joked about how it would be terrible to be the first black President because he'd be held under tighter scrutiny than any President that came before him. Seems they were right.
Considering that the first black president wasn't someone like Colin Powell but a product of "affirmative action", they would be right. I can think of no other reason for Obama to be president. He did certainly not become so because of merit or experience.

Considering that the first black president wasn't someone like Colin Powell but a product of "affirmative action", they would be right. I can think of no other reason for Obama to be president. He did certainly not become so because of merit or experience.

My guess is that Colin Powell would have been raked across the coals too.

Race realtions have gotten worse "under Obama" but not IMO because of Obama.

Geroge Zimmerman has more blame for it than Obama

Intellectual trailer trash like Stormfronters and most Militia are even worse.

Right up there with The Nation of Islam and The New Black Panther Party

Every president is "raked across the coals". Do you think that only black presidents are immune? I think the "raking" would be far more muted on the Republican side while the Democrats would rake him as an Uncle Tom.

No question that race relations became worse the minute Obama became President

The Republican Party declared that they would not lift a finger to help him succeed as President. They blocked all Obama initiatives, even those that they had created or formerly supported. They engaged in constant racial based derision about how he was not a "real American", could not speak without a teleprompter, was not born here, did not attend college and whatever other myths they could create

Every president is "raked across the coals". Do you think that only black presidents are immune? I think the "raking" would be far more muted on the Republican side while the Democrats would rake him as an Uncle Tom.
Do you find it at all odd that black VS white relations are the only "race realtions" that have gotten "worse" under Obama?

If race relations in general were bad Asians would be fighting Latinos too

obama-witchdoctor-muck.jpg

Of course every President faces scrutiny. Not all of them of them are called Kenyan muslims because of their funny name. Or had a nationwide political movement created before they set a single foot in the Oval Office whose only purpose was to oppose him.

Do you find it at all odd that black VS white relations are the only "race realtions" that have gotten "worse" under Obama?

Good point.

Asians only get beat up, robbed and bullied by blacks. Remember the "gentle giant". Asians will only bein contact with blacks for one generation.When their children succeed through study they will surely move to white neighborhoods. Who wouldn't?

It was nice to know that many whites would vote for a black man no question about it but we all knew that 90% of the GOP would not only remain racist but get even more racist in the years to follow. They couldn't even hide it. So obvious! LOL.

By the way, seeing as how the rich own/control the media and they love to use wedge issues like racism, god, gays and guns to divide us, maybe this whole "race relations are getting worse" is just the rich playing us with their own version of the race card.

Of course every President faces scrutiny. Not all of them of them are called Kenyan muslims because of their funny name. Or had a nationwide political movement created before they set a single foot in the Oval Office whose only purpose was to oppose him.
Yeah, and Bush was a rapist. You are a true bottom-feeder.

Forum List

Back