Racism vs. Sexism: Which is worse in which contexts?

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Obamas speak out on racist experiences. Why now - Yahoo News

I read this article at the wrong time.

I just hung up with the Democrat Precinct Chair in my district which is under Sheila Jackson Lee.
I was yelling that the Chair needs to call a meeting with Lee and set up REAL fundraising to pay for
the work to restore the national historic community there (destroyed using govt abuses of tax money)
instead of relying on ME to work two jobs to pay for the Van that the Democrat Chair uses as a community volunteer to help youth, students, elderly, church and community members.

Why should I have to work two jobs like a slave, to pay for the Van while he renegs on his agreement to pay at least half?

At this point, I have found that the sexism is worse than the racism, or maybe it's the combination of the two that become so intolerable.

I hate to say this, but from my personal experience working with the community, where the residents and now also the taxpayers are owed restitution for the seizure and destruction of Black history and national landmarks, the debt and blame is pushed on the WOMEN in the community. The men are too busy blaming each other and won't help each other, so it's the WOMEN who have been caught bearing the burden until the POLITICS between men and "patriarchal" hierachies and party system goes in circles trying to bully and one-up each other for dominance.

As long as women work to pay the bills and costs, then the men don't seem to care.
That's the impression I get. I find that the sexism is either WORSE or MAKES the racism worse
when they are added to ANY CONFLICT.

Sorry just had to vent.

If you have comments or vents to add, please feel free to advise, rant or whatever on here!
Had enough.

Not only do I work two jobs, stuck with paying bills for those who are 'waiting for other people" to help,
but every time I ask if the nonprofits are doing fundraising to pay it back, they wait on ME to help.

So they expect ME to volunteer and help to raise money to pay the money back they borrowed from me,
WHILE WORKING TWO JOBS to pay the cards and interest in the meantime.

And these are the same people arguing against oppression, slavery and abuse yet
they seem to excuse when THEY abuse the labor of others for free.

It's not okay for WHITE wealthy people to abuse the labor of others, but if you are "poor and black and can't afford to pay back" then it's okay to force others to work to pay your costs for you?

This isn't racist, it is sexist for men to want to be in charge, yet make women do all the work
so they can be in charge? Really?

File a complaint with the Dept of Labor for your State. You should be able to find a contact number on their website or a form for submitting a complaint.

List your grievances in numbered bullets at the top and then provide supplemental documentation to support each of them. If you are going to give them copies of credit card statements make sure that you redact them as far as all personal information goes, including your last name, address, date of birth, card number, etc. Redact any line items for personal purchases and subtotal the amounts you believe are owed to you. Give the dates for when you incurred these expenses and the interest rate that you are paying on them.

Include the names and contact information of everyone, including yourself, on another list.

And if you need any legal help use this website to find it in your state;

LawHelp.org Find free legal help and information about your legal rights from nonprofit legal aid providers in your state

Best of luck.
DT

Michelle Obama America Is So Racist A White Lady At Target Asked Me To Reach The Top Shelf Wochit - Yahoo Screen

According to this headline First Lady Obama said "America is so racist," she was asked to help reach the top shelf at a store for a customer.

Really?

is THAT your worst problem?

Sorry this is completely insulting to the people who TRULY suffer from disparity and oppression.

I have had ENOUGH.

I have half a brain (left) to write out a statement and film me speaking as politely as possible to answer the Obamas
if this is their WORST problem they want to use to "sympathize" with the poor people protesting across the country.

All the STUFF you buy at Target is made by cheap labor.

So it's okay to enslave people in other countries so YOU can go shopping at Target
and get "asked to reach things on the shelf"
when the people who MAKE your products can't even buy what they need to live.

They would be HAPPY to have your problem!

As for my problems, I work two jobs to help a community push a CAMPUS PLAN
for sustainable housing, jobs and services to REPLACE welfare (and also can be used to
replace SLAVE LABOR factories and sweatshops).

This plan has been in place and even passed into federal law and signed into
contracts as early as 1994, but has yet to be implemented.

In the meantime, I am one of two minority women volunteers, working two jobs
to try to fund the costs of community work and outreach to promote the development plans.

Every day we are insulted and attacked by others, especially men leaders in the community,
who want to blame us for not doing more, when we are working two jobs each to pay costs they never paid back.

the problem isn't just black and white,
it's economic. Until people own their own land, their own businesses
and cities, their own schools and their own labor, they are not equal to those who do.

That's the problem. OWNERSHIP.

Whining about someone asking you to take something down from the top shelf is
a PRIVILEGE not to have worse problems.

Sorry but I see this as insulting to people who really do suffer.

Forum List

Back