Quitting Smoking

Shattered said:
I'll be fine in my house, and my car. I don't smoke either place... When I get outside, that's where the problem is going to be... I can't exactly carry a 3lb bag of suckers with me, either. :D

Yeah, I don't smoke in the house, but I do in the car... That will be the tough one for me.

...15 hours and 45 mins til life begins to royally suck. You ready? :poke:

Said1 said:
Wow, Monday moring at that.....brave man. :D

It was the agreed upon time.....

I actually have a better chance doing it at work. I keep myself busy and have less of a problem.

no1tovote4 said:
It was the agreed upon time.....

I actually have a better chance doing it at work. I keep myself busy and have less of a problem.

Right.. My last one was 8:30pm Sunday night.. 3.5 hours ahead of schedule. :D I found I need something to fidget with, even if I'm busy, so I now have a pocket full of worry stones, and a couple odd shaped crystals. :D

Shattered said:
Right.. My last one was 8:30pm Sunday night.. 3.5 hours ahead of schedule. :D I found I need something to fidget with, even if I'm busy, so I now have a pocket full of worry stones, and a couple odd shaped crystals. :D

I just play the music loudly, it seems to help with the anger issues I always have when I am quitting.

no1tovote4 said:
I just play the music loudly, it seems to help with the anger issues I always have when I am quitting.

I haven't hit anger stage yet... Tho.. I guess if I do, a lot of people are in trouble, because I have a nasty temper to begin with...

I'm focused on getting my fish tanks set back up, so life's good right now. :D

Shattered said:
I haven't hit anger stage yet... Tho.. I guess if I do, a lot of people are in trouble, because I have a nasty temper to begin with...

I'm focused on getting my fish tanks set back up, so life's good right now. :D

I have cut back to three fresh water (55, 55, 150) and one salt water tank (75). This is a major change in our house as we had a tank in every major room of the house.

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...today's Friday, and I guess I'm still alive.

I just quit smoking another popular smoked substance. It's cool when you cough up hardened puss.

Shattered said:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...today's Friday, and I guess I'm still alive.

My wife and children are still alive too. I guess that means I'm not doing so bad. They haven't even moved out yet.

no1tovote4 said:
My wife and children are still alive too. I guess that means I'm not doing so bad. They haven't even moved out yet.

I don't think I've hit crabby yet, either, since everyone still seems to be speaking to me. :D I don't seem to have much patience for standing around and waiting for things, tho...

I found out that the hours between 6:00 pm and 10:00 pm are the worst for me. I have asked my wife to ask all of her questions before then, because after that the answers are heavily weighted with sarcasm, and not the nice kind either.

congrats to all of you :bow2:

when i quit in 01 my technique was....

every time i wanted to smoke i would hug my son or my wife and know that i would be with them one day longer if i didn't smoke

CSM said:
Two days...the jury is still out...trying to decide if I want to declare war on the rest of the world or hide under a rock.

At least you haven't gotten to the point where you are thinking of hitting yourself with the rock.

Forum List

Back