Quitting Smoking

JOKER96BRAVO said:
I'm thinkin bout quiting...
Any methods that work well???

The patch worked for me, I quit for six months then my Dad died. I was cleaning his place out and found his cartons of cigarettes. Sitting alone with cartons of cigarettes, lighters and ashtrays while depressed is not good for your chances of success if your goal is not to start up again. I lighted one, it has started all over for me.

I heard that the pills work well, but if you are with Kaiser you have to take their class on quitting before they will even let you see a doctor about it. They make their classes difficult for me to attend.

no1tovote4 said:
Day two of this particular attempt. Why is this so damned difficult?!

Because it's both a physical habit and also a habitual habit.
Double whammy............You must spend a lot of money on this habit huh?? ;)

Bonnie said:
Because it's both a physical habit and also a habitual habit.
Double whammy............You must spend a lot of money on this habit huh?? ;)

That's one of the reasons I am using to enforce the idea that this discomfort is worth it.

I just hope my marriage can survive this...

no1tovote4 said:
That's one of the reasons I am using to enforce the idea that this discomfort is worth it.

I just hope my marriage can survive this...

What does a pack cost these days? 5 bucks, say you smoke 1 a day times seven times 35.00 a week times 4 weeks a month, $140.00 a month times 12 months $1680.00 a year...........That's a vaction for you both! :)

Bonnie said:
What does a pack cost these days? 5 bucks, say you smoke 1 a day times seven times 35.00 a week times 4 weeks a month, $140.00 a month times 12 months $1680.00 a year...........That's a vaction for you both! :)

It's only 3.35 to 3.80 here, depending on where you get them. If you buy by the carton they can be as little as 2.50 per pack.

no1tovote4 said:
It's only 3.35 to 3.80 here, depending on where you get them. If you buy by the carton they can be as little as 2.50 per pack.
Well I either need to quit smoking or quit driving because of gas prices.
I have a feeling if I rode my bike instead, I'd eventually quit smoking too.

Bonnie said:
Im guessing you buy the carton :poke: :laugh:

No, I found I smoked more if I had more lying around to smoke. If I could buy smaller than 20 in a pack I would have as well. I bought them on a pack-by-pack basis and left them in the truck so I had to walk a good distance in order to smoke. This helped me to cut back to less than 10 a day, I am now using the patch but was able to buy step 2 instead of step 1 and save money on the patches as well.

I am determined to make this work, I can't keep it going and expect to live past 50 according to family history.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Well I either need to quit smoking or quit driving because of gas prices.
I have a feeling if I rode my bike instead, I'd eventually quit smoking too.

I would ride my bike to work except I live 37 miles away by the highway, even further by the path I would have to take by bicycle.

I am determined to make this work, I can't keep it going and expect to live past 50 according to family history.

Best reason of all!!! It sounds like your really trying, so you have the will the do it.
I always thought it was better to ween yourself off by cutting back then to quit cold turkey. Have you replaced the habit of it with something else, gum or a lollipop, mints?

Bonnie said:
Best reason of all!!! It sounds like your really trying, so you have the will the do it.
I always thought it was better to ween yourself off by cutting back then to quit cold turkey. Have you replaced the habit of it with something else, gum or a lollipop, mints?

No, I don't want to rot my teeth either.

Forum List

Back