Question for those among us who are Black

See OP

• Total voters
Three is nothing "tough" about your juvenile little game...
Says he who has yet to formulate an answer to my question.

Hmm.
What racist statement is that, and what have I said to support your conclusuion to that effect?
you cowardly little fucking worm.
:lol:
Maybe when you hit middle school, your insults will get better.
Maybe.
As I said, you are too much of a little fucking pussy to come out and say what you want to say. You fucking pathetic coward.
When you reach the adult world, you'll understand that expletives are an ineffective substitue for substance.
Again, maybe.

I may be wrong, but I think I know where this thread is going...
Correct me if I am wrong...
You (OP) believe that black people of today see it adventageous to their future to be able to refer to theimselves as victims of slavery of their ancestors...
Am I correct in what you are working toward?
Interesting, thoughtful idea, buit no.

To that effect, however, I -would- argue that:

1- Black leaders who clain to represnt the best interests of black people see it advantageous to their continued status as said leaders to be able to refer to theimselves and 'their people' as victims of slavery of their ancestors.
2- The majority of people that said leaders represent are simply and easily swayed by the message from their leaders to that effect because, in part, it is easy, even natural, to place blame on others for current unsatisfactory conditions.

You are assuming black leaders do what they do for the status.

Well...sure...there are leaders of all races that do things for personal gain....so I am sure there is a small minority of them that do..

But overall?

African American activists do what they do for if they dont, voices would not be heard.

Sure, they make mountains out of molehills.....sometimes they have to...bnecuase that molehill will become a mountain if they dont interject. And once it is a mountain, it is much more difficult to overcome.

and one last thing...

What you and I see as a molehill, may be more like a mountain to someone who is African American

Arguing that absence of proof is proof of absence is a logical fallacy. Any time you use a logical fallacy to support your premise, regardless what else is used to support hat premise, the premise is unsound.
:dunno:

As I said: Not exaclty sound reasoning.
Why, exactly, do you cling to a premise that you know you cannot show to be sound?
This will not be discussed further...
...until you put up that sound argument, or admit that you cannot.

why are you diverting from the subject you, personally started?

If it were in your power to do so, would you go back to the early 1600s and (somehow) eliminate the institution of slavery across the entire western hemishpere?

You do understand that it was the Brits that philosophically and millitarily challenged the institution of slavery, right?

If I recall my history correct, the Spanish came to the cost of Africa and were offered slaves by Africans.(Of course, slavery did exist in Europe at the time, the African slave trade existed long before Europeans started buying African slaves!) Considering that this was an African institution, it would seem virtually impossible that a modern Black person would be able to stop it. More likely that person may get enslaved.

In short, If I could, I would but I would need the convictions and willingness of a mighty empire to actually end it.

Blacks had slaves over 4000 years ago in Egypt.

2000 years ago Jews had slaves.

Usually when you went broke you sold yourself or your kids into slavery to pay your debts.

m14 will not answer these questions:

Why did you ask the thread question?
Why did you ask the follow up question?

Why are you asking me how I know black people are good people?
What's your opinion of black people, by majority? What do you support that with?

Says he who has yet to formulate an answer to my question.

Hmm.
What racist statement is that, and what have I said to support your conclusuion to that effect?

:lol:
Maybe when you hit middle school, your insults will get better.
Maybe.
As I said, you are too much of a little fucking pussy to come out and say what you want to say. You fucking pathetic coward.
When you reach the adult world, you'll understand that expletives are an ineffective substitue for substance.
Again, maybe.

Do you have some reason to believe that I don't notice in all these responses that you continue to avoid the issue, you fucking coward? You tuck any harder you're gonna hurt yourself.

You (OP) believe that black people of today see it adventageous to their future to be able to refer to theimselves as victims of slavery of their ancestors...

1- Black leaders who clain to represnt the best interests of black people see it advantageous to their continued status as said leaders to be able to refer to theimselves and 'their people' as victims of slavery of their ancestors.
2- The majority of people that said leaders represent are simply and easily swayed by the message from their leaders to that effect because, in part, it is easy, even natural, to place blame on others for current unsatisfactory conditions.
Undoubetdly, as you say, this is at least partly true.

But, even for the motivations not related for their desire for status, they must retain their status to do their work; to maintain their status as a 'leaders', they refer to theimselves and 'their people' as victims of slavery of their ancestors because uscha notion is popular among 'their people -- short and ineffective and unpopular is the term of a black leader that preaches a disassociation from the notion of blacks as victims of slavery of their ancestors.

The argument that today's blacks are somehow "milking" the issue of slavery comes out of the rightwing propaganda machine and is not supported by relevant facts. Today's blacks have many more issues to fight. It is the rightwing who raises the issue of slavery

Case in point, the racist premise of the OP

I dont need to.
You do if you want your premise that 'the majority of blacks are good people' to be sound.
I'm no longer interested in my side of the story...
Given that, by now, you know you cannot meaningfully support your premise, I have no doubt that you have lost all interest in doing so.

But, that's your problem. You stated that the majority of black people are, in your term 'good'; once you show that to be sound, we can move on.

BUT... consider for the moment the fact that you know you cannot show said premise to be sound, and what that should tell you.

But, even for the motivations not related for their desire for status, they must retain their status to do their work; to maintain their status as a 'leaders', they refer to theimselves and 'their people' as victims of slavery of their ancestors because uscha notion is popular among 'their people -- short and ineffective and unpopular is the term of a black leader that preaches a disassociation from the notion of blacks as victims of slavery of their ancestors.

Oh...I see...

SO black leaders are capitalizing on their followers need to be continmually told they are victims...

Or...

If black leaders did not keep that meme going, they would have no status in the community.

Unless...of course...they truly care about their community and truly do what they do in the hopes that it will better their community? Maybe?

Perhpas if there were not slavery victimization to preach about....they would preach about community clean ups...or about education....or about whatever it is that other "non black" community leaders preach about.

I see black advocates as the same as a Rabbi....or a Pastor....they are there to help the people of their communioty cope with the trials and trinulations of life....and to the black community...the way they were treated for two centuries still dictates the lives of many of them.....

You have an issue with them being black if I had to guess...but I admit I may be wrong.

Again, maybe.

Do you have some reason to believe that I don't notice in all these responses that you continue to avoid the issue, you fucking coward? You tuck any harder you're gonna hurt yourself.
I take that back - I doubt you will -ever- understand that expletives are an ineffective substitue for substance.

Enjoy your irrelevance.

...until you put up that sound argument, or admit that you cannot.

why are you diverting from the subject you, personally started?
I/m not. This coversation has been going on for some time; this is simply part of it.

OK...then with thast being said....

You did noty allow GT to offer his personal sentiment and experience as something to be considered without proof that such is the case..

SO I asked you 2 quyestions in regard to that..

1) Do you believe that there is a greater percentage of blacks that are NOT good people than that of whites?

2) do you believe that most white people are good people?

Please answer...I have repsonded to everyne of your posts so far...do not dodege these questions....

You do if you want your premise that 'the majority of blacks are good people' to be sound.
I'm no longer interested in my side of the story...
Given that, by now, you know you cannot meaningfully support your premise, I have no doubt that you have lost all interest in doing so.

But, that's your problem. You stated that the majority of black people are, in your term 'good'; once you show that to be sound, we can move on.

BUT... consider for the moment the fact that you know you cannot show said premise to be sound, and what that should tell you.

I have meaningfully supported my premise.

Good and bad are judgement calls.

I've used my judgement to make my determination.

I did not ask that you accept the same opinion as mine, but I did ASK YOU YOURS, and you're too coward to state it.

Oh...I see...
SO black leaders are capitalizing on their followers need to be continmually told they are victims...
I never claimed they had a need to be told they were victims.
If black leaders did not keep that meme going, they would have no status in the community.
Given the absence of prominent black leaders preacing the disassociation I mention and the castigation of those that do, there is support for this idea.
Unless...of course...they truly care about their community and truly do what they do in the hopes that it will better their community? Maybe?
In some cases, that may very well be true - but, as I said, the fact remains that they must retain their status as a leader to do their work; to maintain their status as a 'leaders', they. at least in part, refer to theimselves and 'their people' as victims of slavery of their ancestors because said notion is popular among 'their people'
You have an issue with them being black if I had to guess...but I admit I may be wrong.
Nothing I have said here supports this.

So are their leaders leading or following their lead?

Or are they just poor leaders?

A good leader knows what's best for those they lead and doesn't simply play the game.

Are blacks mostly good?

Kind of hard to be good when you expose yourself to wrong instead right. They are mostly a product of their surroundings. The further they are from the city the more they see of the good side of life.

Forum List

Back