Question for those among us who are Black

See OP

• Total voters
Actually I am part Black and part Native American
I think I would be giving up my existance.
And you would sacrafice not just yourself but all of those silimar to you, including your friends and loved ones, so that a number of people from long long ago would have been free from slavery, such as it was?

First, let me just say that I am an atheist and I do value myself.

Even so, I recognized I hit the lottery by being born. And If replacing myself and those that are born due to the existance of the slavery are erased, I can feel comfortable realizing that people that did not exist due to the slavery chance got their opportunity.

Of course, I would not feel at all. But then when I die, I will go back to the nothingness from hence I came.
Thank you very much.

And, if it means anything to you, GT is, at least as far as this issue goes, unlikely to consider you a bad person.

Again:
Not exactly sound reasoning, You cannot do better than that?
Do you know what self evident means?
I do. It's a term used to suppot a claim whern the person makling the claim has no real support. I could just as easily - and in your terms, just as soundly - argue that the exact opposite of what you claim is 'self evident' - and you'd have no choice but to accept it.

So, one more time:

-I have ZERO evidence to the contrary.
-I'm averaging using the great deal of black people I've met personally and their families

-I'm averaging the great deal of black people I knon about via ->/famous/historical figures.

Now, grow a pair of balls and start arguing that you dont think the majority of black people are good people, or shut the fuck up and continue hiding your motives.

This is just a fucking troll thread by a fucking troll.
-I- understand that not everyone can handle tough questions --.
Three is nothing "tough" about your juvenile little game...
Says he who has yet to formulate an answer to my question.
a game you are playing because you lack the balls to just come out and make your asinine racist statement,
Hmm.
What racist statement is that, and what have I said to support your conclusuion to that effect?
you cowardly little fucking worm.
:lol:
Maybe when you hit middle school, your insults will get better.
Maybe.

Maybe you can blatantly state your motive. You continue to duck doing so.

Do you know what self evident means?
I do. It's a term used to suppot a claim whern the person makling the claim has no real support. I could just as easily - and in your terms, just as soundly - argue that the exact opposite of what you claim is 'self evident' - and you'd have no choice but to accept it.
So, one more time:
-I'm averaging using the great deal of black people I've met personally and their families
-I'm averaging the great deal of black people I knon about via ->/famous/historical figures
So....
-absensce of proof is proof of absence
-inductive reasoniong based on your limited experience.

Still not sound - this argument also "proves" the existence of God.

But, since you did make an honest attempt, I'm willing to let you try again.
Please continue.

So, one more time:
-I'm averaging the great deal of black people I knon about via ->/famous/historical figures
So....

Please continue.

Absence of proof to the contrary was not proof in and of itself genius, it was a part of a larger reasoning you received.

And with more proof to the positive than the negative, and with having been around the block way too much to have missed it, I'm quite comfortable stating that the majority of black people are good people.

Are you about to refute that, or are you just going to continue to hide? Let's see here........................................

I'll let you answer my questions now, and until you have the decency to do so, I will answer none more of yours.

Why did you ask the thread question?
Why did you ask the follow up question?

Why are you asking me how I know black people are good people?
What's your opinion of black people, by majority? What do you support that with?

I may be wrong, but I think I know where this thread is going...

Correct me if I am wrong...

You (OP) believe that black people of today see it adventageous to their future to be able to refer to theimselves as victims of slavery of their ancestors...

Am I correct in what you are working toward?

If yes, I would like to debate that premise with you.

You (OP) believe that black people of today see it adventageous to their future to be able to refer to theimselves as victims of slavery of their ancestors...

He won't make a blatant response as to his motive. He's snaking around the obvious, to sherk the responsibility.

So....

Please continue.
Absence of proof to the contrary was not proof in and of itself genius, it was a part of a larger reasoning you received.
Arguing that absence of proof is proof of absence is a logical fallacy. Any time you use a logical fallacy to support your premise, regardless what else is used to support hat premise, the premise is unsound.
:dunno:

And with more proof to the positive than the negative, and with having been around the block way too much to have missed it, I'm quite comfortable stating that the majority of black people are good people.
As I said: Not exaclty sound reasoning.
Why, exactly, do you cling to a premise that you know you cannot show to be sound?

So....

Please continue.
Arguing that absence of proof is proof of absence is a logical fallacy. Any time you use a logical fallacy to support your premise, regardless what else is used to support hat premise, the premise is unsound.

Why, exactly, do you cling to a premise that you know you cannot show to be sound?

This will not be discussed further until you take the tail from between your legs and now show the return decency of attempting to answer my questions.

If you cannot afford me that, then you're scared and not worth conversing with.

He won't make a blatant response as to his motive. He's snaking around the obvious, to sherk the responsibility.

well..

Here is my answer....assuming that is his premise....

If my grandmother got hit by a city bus and dies....and as her only descendant,(which I am not), I received 500K retribution for the negligence of the driver...given the opportunity to stop it from happening, I would in a minute.

If that is the primise...he would not be the first person to feel that blacks of today are looking to capitalize on the atrocities of slavery......and I have presnted my response to everyone of them.

And the best refute I get?

"That is becuase you personally knew and loved your grandmother"

Interesting, thoughtful idea, buit no.

To that effect, however, I -would- argue that:

1- Black leaders who clain to represnt the best interests of black people see it advantageous to their continued status as said leaders to be able to refer to theimselves and 'their people' as victims of slavery of their ancestors.
2- The majority of people that said leaders represent are simply and easily swayed by the message from their leaders to that effect because, in part, it is easy, even natural, to place blame on others for current unsatisfactory conditions.

This will not be discussed further...
...until you put up that sound argument, or admit that you cannot.

-I- understand that not everyone can handle tough questions --.
Three is nothing "tough" about your juvenile little game...
Says he who has yet to formulate an answer to my question.
a game you are playing because you lack the balls to just come out and make your asinine racist statement,
Hmm.
What racist statement is that, and what have I said to support your conclusuion to that effect?
you cowardly little fucking worm.
:lol:
Maybe when you hit middle school, your insults will get better.
Maybe.

As I said, you are too much of a little fucking pussy to come out and say what you want to say. You fucking pathetic coward.

This will not be discussed further...
...until you put up that sound argument, or admit that you cannot.

I dont need to. You made it apparent that you're afraid to have a reciprocal conversation by ducking several questions.

Interesting, thoughtful idea, buit no.

To that effect, however, I -would- argue that:

1- Black leaders who clain to represnt the best interests of black people see it advantageous to their continued status as said leaders to be able to refer to theimselves and 'their people' as victims of slavery of their ancestors.
2- The majority of people that said leaders represent are simply and easily swayed by the message from their leaders to that effect because, in part, it is easy, even natural, to place blame on others for current unsatisfactory conditions.

You are assuming black leaders do what they do for the status.

Well...sure...there are leaders of all races that do things for personal gain....so I am sure there is a small minority of them that do..

But overall?

African American activists do what they do for if they dont, voices would not be heard.

Sure, they make mountains out of molehills.....sometimes they have to...bnecuase that molehill will become a mountain if they dont interject. And once it is a mountain, it is much more difficult to overcome.

Forum List

Back