Question for Christians

RE: Religion and Ethics | Question for Christians
※→ Bonzi, et al,

I believe that the practical evaluation or judgment of the question must first begin with the understand that:

• To the degree of confidence which might be place on the answer must be based on the strength of the logic.

• That the question of knowledge, to a belief upon which a proposition is based, is a separate issue.

• The existence of a Supreme Being nd powers are a separate issue.
Bonzi said:
Do you believe God can heal anyone/anything?

If so, why are there no miracles of limbs miraculously being replaced/regenerated?
(ANALYSIS)

The question presupposes that there is a causal connection between the powers of a Supreme Being (healing) --- and → the recorded observation of the use of this power.

Set One ---
« IF the belief is that the Supreme Being has the power (miraculous healing)...
« THEN there would be a recorded use of the power.​
Set Two ---
« IF the belief is that the Supreme Being does not have the power (miraculous healing)...
« THEN that would be substantiated by NO recorded use of the power.​

Clearly, Set One is invalid (the truth of the premises does NOT logically guarantee the truth of the conclusion). It stands that the "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" is a basis of a practical evaluation or judgment.

Set Two can only be true IF no other entity has the power of "miraculous healing."

(CONCLUSION)

IF the characteristics of the Supreme Being includes being "all powerful" (omnipotent); THEN the Supreme Being must have, at its command, all manner of healing powers.

IF the characteristics of the Supreme Being includes being "all powerful" (omnipotent); THEN it is not reasonable to assume that the Supreme Being can be evaluated on the basis of observation or course of action.

Most Respectfully,
R
God does miracles only when it pleases Him/Her/Them.

If so, why are there no miracles of limbs miraculously being replaced/regenerated?
In 1984 my fiancé and I went to Flagstaff Az to go skiing. We left late at night and arrived at Flagstaff around 4 am. At 6 am, it sounded like lightning had struck the L-Motel, my fiancé told me to get up as the roof had collapsed around us. We hurried out of the room as the fire trucks and ambulances started arriving. We were taken to the local hospital where I had several scratches one upon my knee, waist and shoulder but no other injuries and my fiancé was without any. We were allowed to leave after about 2 hours of observation. While leaving the ER, we saw the man and his pregnant wife who were still being attended to with 3rd degree burns. We found out that the night we got in, the 2 had turned off the pilot light to their furnace and was going to suicide by asphyxiation, but in the morning at 6 am, the wife decided to light up a cigarette, causing the room full of natural gas to explode. We went back to the hotel and found that the TV had been blow to the foot of the bed, the furniture had been blow over the bed and under it. It was a miracle that the 2 of us didn't get killed from all the debris that was thrown to the other side of the room. It was like a hand had been placed upon me, the moment the other room blew up. I know there is a God and that he has great things for me to do, and I have been doing them since.....

Later on that day we went skiing as that was the reason why were there in the first place...

the_hand_of_god_by_thedookie.jpg
Thank you for sharing. I watched a large chain go through a man's arm once. We were off loading a large piece of equipment that was delivered at the mine. The truck driver was a really nice guy that had made some of our other equipment deliveries but he was somewhat reckless and always in a big hurry which irritated me. I am somewhat of a safety first nut as when working around heavy equipment things can go so wrong so fast and get people hurt really bad or killed. I was running the big excavator to lift this piece of equipment off of the truck trailer. The driver had set the chains and he and Rod were down under where the boom would lift the piece off. One rule about doing stuff like this is never get yourself between those chains and whatever it is you are lifted. The driver stuck his arm in between the machine on his trailer and the log chain (We never used cables either for stuff like that because they can snap and cut you in two). I told Rod and the driver lets take time to put shoring under the machine and the driver didn't want to waste time....Anyhow he did the dumbest thing when he grabbed his big pry bar and stuck it under an area of the machine with his arm between the machine and the chain. Sitting above watching it all I just thought, God please no, as I watched that. A fifty thousand pound machine slipped and that chain tighten and his arm was between the log chain and the truck trailer. It was like the chain went right through his arm. I released the tension that the excavator bucket had been keeping on the chains. The driver pulled his arm away and to our amazement his arm was still intact. Rod said later, "Hun, I watched that chain go through his arm?" I told him I saw it too. We both thanked God that the man still had his arm intact.

Faith Healers are Atheists faking being Christian. They're shameless con artists. It's hard to fake a regeneration of a limb, but some do a shoe trick to make it look like an uneven leg has grown a bit.

God has never been in the business of healing people for the sake of healing people nor to bring glory shameless con artists.

Apologists, they have an excuse for everything.

Yes. Much like a repairman has an "excuse" for everything. He can explain why refilling windshield wiper fluid will not fix the brakes.

But the point is, HE CAN FIX THE BREAKS.

And he's not omnipotent or anything!!!!

but what you are saying in your omnipotent sky pixie can't replace the arm on an amputee, even though that would be the most amazing thing ever. Shit, if someone regrew an arm after praying for Jesus, that would certainly shut the atheists the hell up, wouldn't it.

So he'd only have to do it, like once.

But he doesn't.

Faith Healers are Atheists faking being Christian. They're shameless con artists. It's hard to fake a regeneration of a limb, but some do a shoe trick to make it look like an uneven leg has grown a bit.

God has never been in the business of healing people for the sake of healing people nor to bring glory shameless con artists.

But how is that any different than the con artists in churches who tell you that your mom's cancer will get better if you just pray hard enough?

As usual you are talking outta your butt. My son was pronounced fully brain dead before he was two years old. He was on full life support and the whole nine yards for almost two and a half days. They tested his brain activity several times and there was none there. The doctors all told me that 'if he lives he will be a total vegetable' and they did not expect him to survive or ever come out of a coma. It was on the third day that the doctors declared it was a definite miracle because he awoke from the coma during the night and was tested again and there were no signs whatsoever of any brain damage. I walk out of the hospital with my son before noon on the third day. That is all documented at that hospital if anyone ever decides to check it out. He is now forty+ with a son of his own.

Bonzi, a portion of your question is answered in this thread. Because of their disbelief and lack of faith it cannot happen.

Short answer: TIMING ........ right now there are scads of miracles waiting to happen ...... WHEN Jesus decides it is the right TIME.

Bonzi, a portion of your question is answered in this thread. Because of their disbelief and lack of faith it cannot happen.

except that no one ever grows a new arm no matter how much they pray to Jay-a-zus.
So you say but yet you do not know the circumstance of every human that has ever lived on this planet's life do you? Your lack of faith is something you will have to deal with. As for me and my house we believe that with God all things are possible.

So you say but yet you do not know the circumstance of every human that has ever lived on this planet's life do you? Your lack of faith is something you will have to deal with. As for me and my house we believe that with God all things are possible.

Hey, I'm glad a lot of you sky pixie worshipers believe in your imaginary friend. Whatever gets you through the day.

Because humans are mammals which have a complex biological system compared to the lower forms of unicellular forms of organisms such as worms, starfish, bacteria, algae and fungi.

I spoke to a nurse who was not even a Christian. She said that one of her patients died as she personally tried to revive them without success.

The drugs alone she said should have fried their brain.

Then in walks the family to view the body. Something inexplicable happened as they all began to sing and praise God. She thought they were either nuts or they hated their family member. Either way, about a half hour later a family member came out and said she was OK. She met the patient outside the hospital doing just fine a week later.

The nurse is now looking for a church to attend.

But the point is, HE CAN FIX THE BREAKS.

And he's not omnipotent or anything!!!!

but what you are saying in your omnipotent sky pixie can't replace the arm on an amputee, even though that would be the most amazing thing ever. Shit, if someone regrew an arm after praying for Jesus, that would certainly shut the atheists the hell up, wouldn't it.

So he'd only have to do it, like once.

But he doesn't.
1. Omnipotence is meaningless when not used correctly.
2. No, nothing leaves atheists speechless, not even a man rising from the dead.
3. Both Old Testament and New Testament advise, Do not put God to the test. God is not a circus animal to be trained to perform upon command. Besides, should a limb be regrown, an atheist would simply argue that the true answer must lie in genetics and evolution; that the regrowth of a limb is an example of adaptation or mutation. So be at peace. We're not going to take non-belief from you. We are simply setting forth our own beliefs (not the straw men some atheists throw at us) and why we believe as we do (which are very different from the reasons some atheists claim are the reasons we believe as we do).

Because humans are mammals which have a complex biological system compared to the lower forms of unicellular forms of organisms such as worms, starfish, bacteria, algae and fungi.
I do think that plays a large role in it. Like I said the tooth regeneration is a slow process. I have noticed that there are optimums when this is transpiring but knowing the exact details of that is beyond what I desire to research. It takes nine months just for a child to fully develop in the womb and another 18 years for that child to develop into an adult and development does not stop there either, so?

Hey, I'm glad a lot of you sky pixie worshipers believe in your imaginary friend. Whatever gets you through the day.
"Sky pixie" would be for Babylonians...most Christians that read the Word understand that God is a spirit even if they do not fully understand how and what that Spirit is capable of doing. If you saw something with your own eyes that is explainable to a mere carnal being I am sure you would be questioning that also within your own mind but even those special things are kept from those who deny that miracles are impossible.

1. Omnipotence is meaningless when not used correctly.
2. No, nothing leaves atheists speechless, not even a man rising from the dead.

Well, no that doesn't impress us because it didn't happen. Stories from your followers 100 years after the fact don't impress at all.

3. Both Old Testament and New Testament advise, Do not put God to the test. God is not a circus animal to be trained to perform upon command.

Right. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, I am the great and powerful Yahweh.

200-3.gif

Besides, should a limb be regrown, an atheist would simply argue that the true answer must lie in genetics and evolution; that the regrowth of a limb is an example of adaptation or mutation.

But you see, those things can be TESTED for.

So be at peace. We're not going to take non-belief from you.

Right, because you people have ABSOLUTELY NO HISTORY OF ABUSING PEOPLE WHO DON'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU BELIEVE

Oh, wait.

witchburning1.jpg

inquisition.jpg

We are simply setting forth our own beliefs (not the straw men some atheists throw at us) and why we believe as we do (which are very different from the reasons some atheists claim are the reasons we believe as we do).

Well, right. You are tap dancing around when challenged. I get that. Kind of like that Nun did at my Mom's funeral when she said God had a good reason to deprive five kids of their mother.

Man, I fucking hate religious people.

Forum List

Back