Question for Christians

Do you believe God can heal anyone/anything?

If so, why are there no miracles of limbs miraculously being replaced/regenerated?

We believe that humans are comprised of body, mind, and spirit. In many ways these three work together, but not in every way. Holistic medicine is an example of how bodily health affects the mind--and vice-versa. Add the spirit to this. Healing the mind, or healing the spirit, can affect healing of the body--if mind or spirit are contributors to the ailment. One cannot lose an arm or a leg because mind or spirit are ailing. It therefore follows that healing of the mind or spirit cannot regrow an arm or a leg.

God, being Spirit, works with our spirits.
In other words, he doesn't know. :biggrin:

If so, why are there no miracles of limbs miraculously being replaced/regenerated?

Faith Healers are Atheists faking being Christian. They're shameless con artists. It's hard to fake a regeneration of a limb, but some do a shoe trick to make it look like an uneven leg has grown a bit.

God has never been in the business of healing people for the sake of healing people nor to bring glory shameless con artists.
As usual you are talking outta your butt. My son was pronounced fully brain dead before he was two years old. He was on full life support and the whole nine yards for almost two and a half days. They tested his brain activity several times and there was none there. The doctors all told me that 'if he lives he will be a total vegetable' and they did not expect him to survive or ever come out of a coma. It was on the third day that the doctors declared it was a definite miracle because he awoke from the coma during the night and was tested again and there were no signs whatsoever of any brain damage. I walk out of the hospital with my son before noon on the third day. That is all documented at that hospital if anyone ever decides to check it out. He is now forty+ with a son of his own.

Why was he on full life support if he was dx as fully brain dead? What happened, an accident?

Faith Healers are Atheists faking being Christian. They're shameless con artists. It's hard to fake a regeneration of a limb, but some do a shoe trick to make it look like an uneven leg has grown a bit.

God has never been in the business of healing people for the sake of healing people nor to bring glory shameless con artists.
As usual you are talking outta your butt. My son was pronounced fully brain dead before he was two years old. He was on full life support and the whole nine yards for almost two and a half days. They tested his brain activity several times and there was none there. The doctors all told me that 'if he lives he will be a total vegetable' and they did not expect him to survive or ever come out of a coma. It was on the third day that the doctors declared it was a definite miracle because he awoke from the coma during the night and was tested again and there were no signs whatsoever of any brain damage. I walk out of the hospital with my son before noon on the third day. That is all documented at that hospital if anyone ever decides to check it out. He is now forty+ with a son of his own.

Why was he on full life support if he was dx as fully brain dead? What happened, an accident?
It is more than I desire to write down to put on this message board. Yes he was dx fully brain dead. There are a lot of details that go along with what happened and it would take a long chapter in a book to get it all down. Yes it was an accident. I have shared the testimony among believers in the past and will get it all written down again at some point to share with those who walk by faith.

Imagine the recklessness and prerogative with which we would behave if we could recover so easily.

Pain and suffering might just be a good way to temper us.
But he does all sorts of other healings purportedly, why not this kind?

Imagine the recklessness and prerogative with which we would behave if we could recover so easily.

Pain and suffering might just be a good way to temper us.
But he does all sorts of other healings purportedly, why not this kind?
Purportedly.

The ultimate healing is resurrection. No one does it better.

Man, I fucking hate religious people.

Yet here you are participating in a religion forum, responding to my posts in order to work up to the opportunity to tell me you hate me and all others like me. I'm not shocked, I'm not upset. I am looking forward to my day, happy to be with all those around me--and happy to stop by here when the opportunity presents itself. Hope your day goes well.

Yet here you are participating in a religion forum, responding to my posts in order to work up to the opportunity to tell me you hate me and all others like me. I'm not shocked, I'm not upset. I am looking forward to my day, happy to be with all those around me--and happy to stop by here when the opportunity presents itself. Hope your day goes well.

and the day you can impose your bronze age stupidity on the rest of us.

Bring Back Roman Lions!

and the day you can impose your bronze age stupidity on the rest of us.

Bring Back Roman Lions!

There are people of different faiths and no faith who post here. I have yet to meet anyone who is here to impose their beliefs on anyone. Rather, it is a place to share faith and beliefs. Unfortunately sharing can be obstructed by people who construct straw men of what they think others "must" believe, and obscured by telling others what they "really" believe.

We are not speaking so much of the Bronze Age here, as we are about how our faith has been our help in this Modern Age, and sometimes sharing our successes and failures as we try to apply various teachings and ideals in our individual lives. How can we keep from singing? Here is a place to sing, but no one is forced to come here and listen.

RE: Question for Christians
※→ RodISHI, et al,

I would never want to challenge the believers in the supernatural and the abilities they have assigned in their particular deity. These types of conversations are notoriously dangerous since one is a faith based belief system (no proof or evidence required) and the other is centered on evidence and observation (reproducible sensory experiences) of a empirical or scientific nature.

Invariably, one or the other --- or even both --- may become agitated or even angry → in that the two systems are so dissimilar in their account of the nature of the universe (all of creation) and even existence itself that little common ground is available..

I have shared the testimony among believers in the past and will get it all written down again at some point to share with those who walk by faith.
(COMMENT)

The strange thing is, that faith based belief system cannot be subject to examination independent verification by others and/or subject to test and trials that divorces the result from preconceived notions and bias. Most faith based belief systems do not evolve at the same rate as the common understanding of reality unfolds new information to be incorporated into the knowledge base of science.

Systems requiring the examination of the evidence and trial by the scientific method have no opposition to faith based belief systems in their individual belief domains. One can be a believer in both systems; if they are mentally compartmentalized. One can believe in the reality of the natural order --- and --- the supernatural order simultaneously ⇒ as long as the events of the supernatural (dependent on forces, entities, or powers beyond the understanding or the laws of nature) are not used to conflict, sanitize or sensor or information on the reality of the natural.

Most Respectfully,
R

RE: Question for Christians
※→ RodISHI, et al,

I would never want to challenge the believers in the supernatural and the abilities they have assigned in their particular deity. These types of conversations are notoriously dangerous since one is a faith based belief system (no proof or evidence required) and the other is centered on evidence and observation (reproducible sensory experiences) of a empirical or scientific nature.

Invariably, one or the other --- or even both --- may become agitated or even angry → in that the two systems are so dissimilar in their account of the nature of the universe (all of creation) and even existence itself that little common ground is available..

I have shared the testimony among believers in the past and will get it all written down again at some point to share with those who walk by faith.
(COMMENT)

The strange thing is, that faith based belief system cannot be subject to examination independent verification by others and/or subject to test and trials that divorces the result from preconceived notions and bias. Most faith based belief systems do not evolve at the same rate as the common understanding of reality unfolds new information to be incorporated into the knowledge base of science.

Systems requiring the examination of the evidence and trial by the scientific method have no opposition to faith based belief systems in their individual belief domains. One can be a believer in both systems; if they are mentally compartmentalized. One can believe in the reality of the natural order --- and --- the supernatural order simultaneously ⇒ as long as the events of the supernatural (dependent on forces, entities, or powers beyond the understanding or the laws of nature) are not used to conflict, sanitize or sensor or information on the reality of the natural.

Most Respectfully,
R
People do not evolve or mature spiritually all at once and most even those who are in the faith live by carnal precepts. I had an attorney ask me once how I knew beyond a doubt that God created a particular job just for me (that job led to a large successful business but not without trials and tribulations along the way). After explaining all of the details for him he agreed even that it was a God thing. There is order to all things but having a mind to see it all can become a stumbling block to some. I suppose my simplest explanation in that would be it is like toilet training a child. The child doesn't realize the waste is nasty until it has developed a sense of smell it can recognize. I believe you are correct about the bias that come along with everything here in this world. We are taught from an early age to depend on the worldly things verses the things that were instilled in us with breath of life. Our spiritual senses are mired with all sorts of worldly precepts depending on what we have been subjected to.

There have been at least two incidents in my life that should have killed me. Both of them involved an unlikely chain of events that saved my life.

One of them involved a bike accident. I was not wearing any protective gear. No helmet, no pads. Nothing. I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt. I was on a back-road that had few homes along it.

First coincidence. I crossed the center-line before I met the pavement. This happened at a hairpin turn, where oncoming traffic could not see me coming. There was no oncoming traffic, which probably saved my life.

Second coincidence. I hit the pavement hard enough for the hydro-static shock to rupture my liver, causing abdominal bleeding, but I didn't break any bones or even hit my head, which had no protection whatsoever.

Third coincidence. I just happened to have my accident in front of the home of an off-duty paramedic, who saw the whole thing and called an ambulance before coming out to help me. There were no other homes within several hundred yards.

An unlikely chain of events saved my life. Some would call it luck. I call it the hand of God. Some might wonder why God didn't prevent the accident in the first place. Well, I survived it, with no permanent damage. It cured my need for speed, and I no longer felt indestructible.

There are people of different faiths and no faith who post here. I have yet to meet anyone who is here to impose their beliefs on anyone. Rather, it is a place to share faith and beliefs. Unfortunately sharing can be obstructed by people who construct straw men of what they think others "must" believe, and obscured by telling others what they "really" believe.

We are not speaking so much of the Bronze Age here, as we are about how our faith has been our help in this Modern Age, and sometimes sharing our successes and failures as we try to apply various teachings and ideals in our individual lives. How can we keep from singing? Here is a place to sing, but no one is forced to come here and listen.

You are the one who came up with a whole bunch of excuses as to why Amputees can't pray their limbs back.

Except for the obvious one- no one is on the listening end.

You are the one who came up with a whole bunch of excuses as to why Amputees can't pray their limbs back.

Except for the obvious one- no one is on the listening end.

Seriously? An atheists enters a thread that has a question for Christians, which gives the impression that someone wants to know Christian thinking on, "...why are there no miracles of limbs miraculously being replaced/regenerated?"

Is it your opinion, upon entering the thread, you should be seeing that all Christians have voiced JoeB131's atheist perspective instead of giving their own?

On any issue, the strongest evidence anyone on the "wrong side" ever has is the personal evidence that the "right side" can't examine. It's odd that someone "fully brain dead" would be on "full life support" for a couple of days (usually, it's just one or the other). Maybe you're playing fast and loose with what constitutes both those terms. It's also odd that if you have experienced a miraculous healing that you don't call out the fraudulent faith healers, who use deceitful techniques, if you know what the real thing looks like.

My guess is your son was just in a coma, not fully brain dead and not on full life support. The doctors warned you that he could get worse, because doctors warn of the worst case scenario. But, he got better and came out of his coma.

On any issue, the strongest evidence anyone on the "wrong side" ever has is the personal evidence that the "right side" can't examine. It's odd that someone "fully brain dead" would be on "full life support" for a couple of days (usually, it's just one or the other). Maybe you're playing fast and loose with what constitutes both those terms. It's also odd that if you have experienced a miraculous healing that you don't call out the fraudulent faith healers, who use deceitful techniques, if you know what the real thing looks like.

My guess is your son was just in a coma, not fully brain dead and not on full life support. The doctors warned you that he could get worse, because doctors warn of the worst case scenario. But, he got better and came out of his coma.
My guess is like many things you try to speak as if you have expertise on the subject when you have really have no clue what the hell you are talking about. Nothing new under the sun. Not sure how anyone gets worse when there is absolutely no brain wave activities whatsoever and a machine has to breath for the person that is hooked up to it but hey you think it is your story to share so feel free to rattle on like a little dried turd in an empty tin can.

BTW, do you recall who burned down the Sycamore/Sycamine Groves? If you do you may want to start running away from it because that fire gets pretty damn hot.

Seriously? An atheists enters a thread that has a question for Christians, which gives the impression that someone wants to know Christian thinking on, "...why are there no miracles of limbs miraculously being replaced/regenerated?"

Is it your opinion, upon entering the thread, you should be seeing that all Christians have voiced JoeB131's atheist perspective instead of giving their own?

I never thought you guys would legitimately answer the question of why your omnipotent sky pixie isn't regrowing limbs if you ask him REALLY HARD!

In fact, the whole bible is full of "God won't do that because he's mad at you!" to explain away why bad stuff happens to believers.

why are there no miracles of limbs miraculously being replaced/regenerated?

The bible reveal how God does things. Like when God let Goliath spout off against God for 40 days.
God could have shut Goliath's mouth in variety of ways the first time Goliath began spouting off against God.
But God let Goliath spout off and draw a crowd.
In like manner, right now, many are spouting off against God. Why doesn't God do this or that ......?
Spout off such as "God does not even exist" God could shut their mouths immediately. But God let's them spout off.

3 To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot what is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; .... etc etc
Ecclesiastes 3

Sprinkled out all over the world Jesus does much that Mass Media does not even know of ... much less report.
(though from time to time Mass Media does reports some miracles)

We are approaching a time of "signs and wonders" when Jesus WILL do such as regenerating limbs .... And much more.
And word of the miracles will spread all over the world.

"When the enemy comes in like a flood, the Lord will lift up a standard" Isaiah 59:19

"Those who wait on the Lord will be empowered" Isaiah 40:28-31

Miguel Juan Pellicer was 18 years old. He had an accident and doctors had to amputate his right leg under the knee. He lived as a beggar. One day his mother took a look at him at night and saw he had again two legs. He reported he was in his dreams in the chapel of Pilar where his amputation stump was anointed. He said he thinks mother Mary had helped him.

Just a second ago I had a source for this story (with much more details in German) - but I lost the source - what's a little strange too. I guess you can find some information about this story in English.

Last edited:
I never thought you guys would legitimately answer the question of why your omnipotent sky pixie isn't regrowing limbs if you ask him REALLY HARD!

In fact, the whole bible is full of "God won't do that because he's mad at you!" to explain away why bad stuff happens to believers.

Then why bother with the thread?

This is like trying to describe one of the great wonders of this world to someone...but despite all the descriptions, all he can imagine is a squash. If, after all this time, the best you can do is "sky pixie" (i.e., squash) we've got to accept both our descriptive limitations and that your understanding will never progress beyond imagining a squash.

The Bible says that we will go through dark valleys, dark times--but no matter how dark or how bad these experiences are, God is still with us. With this, I'll leave you to your squash. I do hope you have a nice day.

The bible reveal how God does things. Like when God let Goliath spout off against God for 40 days.
God could have shut Goliath's mouth in variety of ways the first time Goliath began spouting off against God.
But God let Goliath spout off and draw a crowd.
In like manner, right now, many are spouting off against God. Why doesn't God do this or that ......?
Spout off such as "God does not even exist" God could shut their mouths immediately. But God let's them spout off.

Because he doesn't exist.

We are approaching a time of "signs and wonders" when Jesus WILL do such as regenerating limbs .... And much more.
And word of the miracles will spread all over the world.

You bible thumpers have been predicting that for, what, 2000 years now.

Religion is a long wait for a train that never comes.

Forum List

Back