question for all

Am I better off than I was before Bush took office?
Overall, the answer is yes, however my 401K is not at this moment.

So everyone is better off...How about your 401k's?? Are they doing better too??

Someone asked if I was having a bad time...No, I have a job and am thankful that I do....But since the unemployment keeps going up i am sure there are many who can't say the same thing..

Before I start hearing "the sky is falling" here is the graph of unemployment rates for the last 50 years.

LNS14000000_205183_1223739692189.gif

Link to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

.​

Last edited:
So everyone is better off...How about your 401k's?? Are they doing better too??

I find this question to be a bit lame. It implies that if Kerry had won in 2004 or Gore in 2000 that peoples' 401ks would be better off and/or the present economic troubles would not be happening...which I think most honest people would say, is highly unlikely.

Considering that the Bush Administration and several other prominent Republicans and several Democrats were raising concerns about our pending financial troubles and no one did anything...instead we had Barney Frank and others stating that there was NO trouble whatsoever and that we should do MORE of what we were doing...it seems HIGHLY unlikely that this financial crisis would have been averted under a Kerry presidency.

I agree with Clay Buster, my 401k is not doing as well as it has been in the past, but I am confident that in time it will improve again, as will the economy.

I am just curious as to how many republicans feel they are better off today than they were before Bush took office??

How many are better off today than 2 years ago when the Dems took congress?

Up until then the economy was booming, unemployment was at near historic lows.....

What has the Dem congress accomplished other than getting a 9% approval rating?

I am just curious as to how many republicans feel they are better off today than they were before Bush took office??
Well...you can look backward or look forward. In my book the question is where does Obama and his associates want to take us?

Obama claims he is a unifier. Where has he unified or reached across to the other side. Answer: never.

Obama claims he will only raise taxes on those who make over $250,000 which will only affect 5% of the American population yet he also claims he will let the Bush tax cut run out which affects 100% of Americans. So which is it: 5% or 100%. Answer: 100%.

In addition, when has Obama ever voted for a tax cut? Answer: never. When has he voted for a tax increase? Answer: very single time.

Obama was not troubled by rising gasoline prices yet reputable economists warned rising energy costs would create world wide recession. The recession is now here and Obama's energy policy has hardly changed.

Instead of lowering taxes on businesses and encouraging business growth, Obama wants to increase taxes on business and that would discourage business investment and growth.

Obama wants to increase capital gains tax so why would anyone want to keep their money in stocks. Anyone with half a brain would take their money out of the stock market now [which would drive down the price of stocks] and pay the lower taxes now. Hmmmm...sounds like current financial events.

This is just scratching the surface of Obama's policies--if you dig deeper, it becomes scarier. His military policies are crazy, foreign policies are clueless and many of his supporters are pure nutcases--Rev. Wright, Louis Farrakhan, Code Pink, Moveon.org, the American Communist party.

So do I want to walk into Obama's vision of the future? Well...not just no, but HELL, NO!

Last edited:
I was much better off 2 years ago before this do nothing Congress took over.
This bad economy helps Obama, is this a co·in·ci·dence?

co·in·ci·dence = the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection

I was much better off 2 years ago before this do nothing Congress took over.
This bad economy helps Obama, is this a co·in·ci·dence?

co·in·ci·dence = the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection

Anyone who thinks the Dems did not want a bad economy right now has not been paying attention.

They are rejoicing at their success in screwing the pooch with this.

I'm doing fine. Of course, when Bush originally took office I was in high school. However, in spite of a failing economy, I was able to start a good career straight out of college, and I've been able to save up more money than most people in their 30's. I don't rely on the government to keep me afloat. I don't rely on the economy to keep me afloat. I handle my own retirement and savings, I invest very wisely, and I save almost as much as I spend. Unlike most Americans, I live well within my means.

Well...you can look backward or look forward. In my book the question is where does Obama and his associates want to take us?

Obama claims he is a unifier. Where has he unified or reached across to the other side. Answer: never.

Obama claims he will only raise taxes on those who make over $250,000 which will only affect 5% of the American population yet he also claims he will let the Bush tax cut run out which affects 100% of Americans. So which is it: 5% or 100%. Answer: 100%.

In addition, when has Obama ever voted for a tax cut? Answer: never. When has he voted for a tax increase? Answer: very single time.

Obama was not troubled by rising gasoline prices yet reputable economists warned rising energy costs would create world wide recession. The recession is now here and Obama's energy policy has hardly changed.

Instead of lowering taxes on businesses and encouraging business growth, Obama wants to increase taxes on business and that would discourage business investment and growth.

Obama wants to increase capital gains tax so why would anyone want to keep their money in stocks. Anyone with half a brain would take their money out of the stock market now [which would drive down the price of stocks] and pay the lower taxes now. Hmmmm...sounds like current financial events.

This is just scratching the surface of Obama's policies--if you dig deeper, it becomes scarier. His military policies are crazy, foreign policies are clueless and many of his supporters are pure nutcases--Rev. Wright, Louis Farrakhan, Code Pink, Moveon.org, the American Communist party.

So do I want to walk into Obama's vision of the future? Well...not just no, but HELL, NO!

If I wasn't so sick of this BS I would laugh at that. Almost everything you said is either wrong or out of context. If you want a candidate supported by thousands of nut jobs it is McCain; this forum as proof.

If I wasn't so sick of this BS I would laugh at that. Almost everything you said is either wrong or out of context. If you want a candidate supported by thousands of nut jobs it is McCain; this forum as proof.
Cite sources and prove it's wrong. What's funny is the Obama automatons, like you, who refuse to critically examine this whattabe black Fuhrer. Never in the history of American have we been so close to electing someone with such a thin resume, from such a corrupt political machine like Cook county and with no record of meaningful accomplishments. He is running on being black and enabled by a corrupt media who want to help elect the first American black president.

No, you're wrong. Everything MC said was absolutely correct. I'm not even supporting McCain anymore, but I absolutely despise Obama.

I know the econemy is far worse. I am so disappointed in Bush.Now I have my childern and Grandchildern to worry about ,and what kind of future will they have?The only reason I,m doing just ok is because my childern are all married now,with there own kids.I don,t believe Bush has any answers,he has just been giving pep ralleys.I believed in Bush as a president in the beginning,,I think he really let us all down. I also feel that now there is no one to vote for,,what do ya do?:confused::confused:

I find this question to be a bit lame. It implies that if Kerry had won in 2004 or Gore in 2000 that peoples' 401ks would be better off and/or the present economic troubles would not be happening...which I think most honest people would say, is highly unlikely.

Considering that the Bush Administration and several other prominent Republicans and several Democrats were raising concerns about our pending financial troubles and no one did anything...instead we had Barney Frank and others stating that there was NO trouble whatsoever and that we should do MORE of what we were doing...it seems HIGHLY unlikely that this financial crisis would have been averted under a Kerry presidency.

I agree with Clay Buster, my 401k is not doing as well as it has been in the past, but I am confident that in time it will improve again, as will the economy.

Would either of those candidates reversed the bill that Clinton signed? I doubt it.

Cite sources and prove it's wrong. What's funny is the Obama automatons, like you, who refuse to critically examine this whattabe black Fuhrer. Never in the history of American have we been so close to electing someone with such a thin resume, from such a corrupt political machine like Cook county and with no record of meaningful accomplishments. He is running on being black and enabled by a corrupt media who want to help elect the first American black president.

No+experience.jpg

I know the econemy is far worse. I am so disappointed in Bush.Now I have my childern and Grandchildern to worry about ,and what kind of future will they have?The only reason I,m doing just ok is because my childern are all married now,with there own kids.I don,t believe Bush has any answers,he has just been giving pep ralleys.I believed in Bush as a president in the beginning,,I think he really let us all down. I also feel that now there is no one to vote for,,what do ya do?:confused::confused:

the best you can---just like everyone else. And I wouldn't trust the politicians if ya know what I mean.

Sandie,
You're in luck: Bush is not running this time around...it's John McCain and this black guy with a funny name called Barack Obama. You can vote for either one and not vote for Bush.

You are living in a fantasy world.

Forum List

Back