question for all

ericaobros

Rookie
Sep 25, 2008
I am just curious as to how many republicans feel they are better off today than they were before Bush took office??

Personally, I'm doing better today than I was in 2000, but then I attribute that more to my own hard work than anything else.

If you rely upon politicians to make things better for you, you'll likely wind up disappointed.

I am just curious as to how many republicans feel they are better off today than they were before Bush took office??
I'm much better off. But I don't feel that. I make an honest assessment of my situation and come to a conclusion. And I don't wait for Presidents to come "rescue" me either, no matter what their party.

I'm much better off.

Ericaobros, is your current situation not going well? Did you need some advice on how to turn it around? Or did you just want to argue with someone?

i much better off now then i was 8 years ago. i make nearly 10x what i was making 8 years ago, oh and that was w/o the governments help. its kind of funny what happens when you work hard and care about your job. you don't need the government to hold your hand.

The question is not are you better off.

The question is, Is the country better off that it was eight years ago?

I am, without a doubt, better off than I was eight years ago.

I am also much better off today than I was in 2000. In 1998 I was struggling to make ends meet at a dead end job. Today I own my own company employing 13 employees in position where they make a comfortable living and easily support their families on a single income. Only two of my employees spouses also work. Three of my former employees have split off and own their own thriving small businesses.

So everyone is better off...How about your 401k's?? Are they doing better too??

Someone asked if I was having a bad time...No, I have a job and am thankful that I do....But since the unemployment keeps going up i am sure there are many who can't say the same thing..

I am much better off. My 401K is not.

Thankfully I am young enough that I should be able to weather the storm and I have enough other investments not tied to the market which are helping offset the massive loss my 401K has taken.

Forum List

Back