QR Codes

Pop23

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2013
The barstool down yonder
Several years ago I set up a QR code marketing plan for a local restaurant with really good results.

They had a code on the front door that, when scanned, gave the customer a secret deal that only those that scanned the code received.

They put the code in their newspaper ads so you could download a coupon instead of clipping them and stuffing them in your wallet. They had a code that allowed customers to download their Menu. They even had codes that just took you to fun YouTube videos on the tables so the customer could pass some time.

These resulted in very good results but they discontinued them when they changed to a non techie manager.

I've been asked for marketing ideas by another restaurant, I would love to do this for them as creating the code and landing pages are cheap (free) and incredibly easy, but do people even scan QR codes anymore?

They were everywhere in 2011-2012. I am surprised how few I see anymore. More and more people carry smart phones with data. Far more than when I helped that restaurant a few years ago.

Anyway, would love to hear your opinions.

Forum List

Back