"We try to stay away from news" the guy said

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA
I went into a sports-bar-restaurant some time ago and they had TVs galore, but it was all on sports!

I don't like sports. I mean, if Trump were president and deep state didn't exist anymore... Sure, maybe on Sundays I would watch a game of football which I did when very young. But the world is in a hell of a mess and I want to know just how messed up it is..

So anyhow, I asked this waiter or whatever he was.. if I could watch Fox News.. Oh, wait.. I didn't mention Fox, I just asked if i could watch news on one of the TVs while I ate.

And he said exactly that, "We try to stay away from news."

Yeh, him and everyone else these days. And this is why our country is going the way of the Roman Empire... debauchery and lack of morals and lack of education are ruining us. Our minds are turning to mush with all the sports and entertainment and lack of information.

It's really disgusting. Then we wonder why people on the street who are asked by Fox's Jesse Watters or someone who works for him "Who was president during the civil war?" we get answers like

"Washington..?"

:uhoh3:

I went into a sports-bar-restaurant some time ago and they had TVs galore, but it was all on sports!

I don't like sports. I mean, if Trump were president and deep state didn't exist anymore... Sure, maybe on Sundays I would watch a game of football which I did when very young. But the world is in a hell of a mess and I want to know just how messed up it is..

So anyhow, I asked this waiter or whatever he was.. if I could watch Fox News.. Oh, wait.. I didn't mention Fox, I just asked if i could watch news on one of the TVs while I ate.

Yeh, him and everyone else these days. And this is why our country is going the way of the Roman Empire... debauchery and lack of morals and lack of education are ruining us. Our minds are turning to mush with all the sports and entertainment and lack of information.

It's really disgusting. Then we wonder why people on the street who are asked by Fox's Jesse Watters or someone who works for him "Who was president during the civil war?" we get answers like

"Washington..?"

Its a sports bar

Next time eat somewhere else

"Washington..?"

LOL. Imagine that, a sports bar/restaurant that has only sports on all the TV's. What is this country coming to? :p

EDIT - What happened to your cell phone? Free Wifi at most restaurants, Viola, instant access to politics.

LOL. Imagine that, a sports bar/restaurant that has only sports on all the TV's. What is this country coming to? :p

EDIT - What happened to your cell phone? Free Wifi at most restaurants, Viola, instant access to politics.
Actually, there was a station or 2 there that was not on sports

They were turned to entertainment
:rolleyes:
Thanks for showing how little you yourself care about americans being INFORMED

It's people like you who are responsible for the morons we now have in charge... It is uneducated people who are responsible for how the elite left think (know) that so many Americans are indeed uneducated

which means

they can be manipulated and controlled

which may some day mean: Communism has arrived.

Thanks for helping to destroy the country

"Washington..?"

I agree with you point, that Americans are woefully unaware and poorly informed if informed at all.

Watching "news" would be like crapping in the water tank of a toilet.

"Washington..?"

People simply get sick of all the insanity and corruption that no one does anything about.

So, why torture yourself and watch 24/7?

Most of what is really going on in the world is not on the news anyway.

"Washington..?"

First its a sports bar.
And you talk about "lack of information" while wanting to watch fucking FOX. Or any mainstream news...
Youre an idiot.

People simply get sick of all the insanity and corruption that no one does anything about.

So, why torture yourself and watch 24/7?

Most of what is really going on in the world is not on the news anyway.
That is all rather beside the point. Whether one gets depressed watching news is beside the point because we lose when we do not have information about what is going on in our world. Yes, it is tiresome when nothing ever seems to be accomplished in Congress and other parts of gummit. But does that mean we should be ignorant of what is going on? How the hell are we going to DO anything about the problems in our world if we don't even know what the problems are?

Actually, there was a station or 2 there that was not on sports

They were turned to entertainment
:rolleyes:
Thanks for showing how little you yourself care about americans being INFORMED

It's people like you who are responsible for the morons we now have in charge... It is uneducated people who are responsible for how the elite left think (know) that so many Americans are indeed uneducated AND that means can be manipulated and controlled
No, I think you just like to complain and bitch. Mostly because it isn't news you're looking for, it's alt-right TV such as Newsmax, Fox, and OANN. "News" that will reinforce your bigoted political views.

Got a newsflash for you princess, restaurants and bars aren't obliged to cater to your political wants or slants.
If you don't like it, leave and go somewhere else.

Either way, shut the "bleep" up and stop bitching about it. :auiqs.jpg:

That is all rather beside the point. Whether one gets depressed watching news is beside the point because we lose when we do not have information about what is going on in our world. Yes, it is tiresome when nothing ever seems to be accomplished in Congress and other parts of gummit. But does that mean we should be ignorant of what is going on? How the hell are we going to DO anything about the problems in our world if we don't even know what the problems are?
I don't automatically believe ANY of "the news." All of it is at least 50% propaganda. I get better information from this site, because I can independently verify any factual assertions.

I don't automatically believe ANY of "the news." All of it is at least 50% propaganda. I get better information from this site, because I can independently verify any factual assertions.
OMG

I would worry greatly if I got too much info from an internet forum... I mean stupid opinions and opinions masquerading as info

abound

Yikes...

Forum List

Back