Put another nail in the coffin of "Global Warming."

You guys do realize that John Coleman has no degree whatsoever in meteorology, right? His degree is in journalism.

Well that's funny, because how many liberals think they are "experts" on global warming BECAUSE of their degree in journalism??????

:lol:

And yes, I'm putting this in POLITICS BECAUSE IT IS ABOUT THE OPTICS AND THE POLITICS of this liberal fraud, called "climate change."

Climate change PROVED to be 'nothing but a lie', claims top meteorologist

THE debate about climate change is finished - because it has been categorically proved NOT to exist, one of the world's leading meteorologists has claimed.

I have studied climate change seriously for years. It has become a political and environment agenda item, but the science is not valid

John Coleman, co-founder of the Weather Channel.

In an open letter attacking the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, he wrote: "The ocean is not rising significantly.

"The polar ice is increasing, not melting away. Polar Bears are increasing in number.

"Heat waves have actually diminished, not increased. There is not an uptick in the number or strength of storms (in fact storms are diminishing).

Climate change is a lie Global warming not real claims Weather Channel founder Nature News Daily Express

Now, liberals will go NUTS at this. Part of their power stems from scaring people into believing they NEED big government policies or they are all going to die.

Global Warming is the biggest government control fraud of this and last century.

The belief that only big government taxes, big government control will save us from all dying from warm weather.

I know Old Rocks, for one will come in here like a blaze of glory quoting every trite, fraudulent study claiming global warming is true.

But it's becoming more and more evident the game has been rigged, the studies little more than fraud, and the rats are leaving the ship.

I always knew this was a fraud.

Now maybe everyone else will.

I expect in less than 20/30 years people will treat Global warming like they now treat other "scientific" frauds like piltdown man, spiritualism, and eugenics.

A weatherman with a journalism degree he attained in the 1950s disputes climate science and climate scientists' findings, and conservatives swoon?

Frankly, I don't think there's another group in this country other than conservatives who have so much disdain for expertise attained through years of training and education in favor of almost anyone off the street who has an opinion they share based on what appears to be an ideological view of the world.

Again, folks.....John Coleman is a journalist. He has no degree of any kind in meteorology. Nor any degree in any science. He has a bachelor of the arts. Why then would I accept him as a scientifically valid source on, well....anything?
Because some anonymous nobody posted it on the internet?

How dare you attempt to thwart this nutter circle-jerk thread with facts.

Now go away!

Look people. I used to work as a secretary in Hosp and Health. I know how the "funding" games works.

If those funding you want you to find out zebras are really martians in disguise then, HOT DAMN you will find zebras are really martians in disguise if you want that money to keep coming in.

My boss actually delivered a study where he found a result the funding body didn't want. The money dried up immediately. It dried up so fast, we didn't have funds to print that damn thing professionally, and I ended up printing all of them on the office copy machine!

That's how it works. Especially, when you have a politically motivated "science," you cannot trust the outcomes.

Especially, when those pushing those outcomes are doing everything they can to shut up any challenge to it. That doesn't smack of honest science. That smacks of political calculation and trying to keep anyone from gumming up the works.

And yes, I'm putting this in POLITICS BECAUSE IT IS ABOUT THE OPTICS AND THE POLITICS of this liberal fraud, called "climate change."

THE debate about climate change is finished - because it has been categorically proved NOT to exist, one of the world's leading meteorologists has claimed.

I have studied climate change seriously for years. It has become a political and environment agenda item, but the science is not valid

In an open letter attacking the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, he wrote: "The ocean is not rising significantly.

"The polar ice is increasing, not melting away. Polar Bears are increasing in number.

"Heat waves have actually diminished, not increased. There is not an uptick in the number or strength of storms (in fact storms are diminishing).

Climate change is a lie Global warming not real claims Weather Channel founder Nature News Daily Express

Now, liberals will go NUTS at this. Part of their power stems from scaring people into believing they NEED big government policies or they are all going to die.

Global Warming is the biggest government control fraud of this and last century.

The belief that only big government taxes, big government control will save us from all dying from warm weather.

I know Old Rocks, for one will come in here like a blaze of glory quoting every trite, fraudulent study claiming global warming is true.

But it's becoming more and more evident the game has been rigged, the studies little more than fraud, and the rats are leaving the ship.

I expect in less than 20/30 years people will treat Global warming like they now treat other "scientific" frauds like piltdown man, spiritualism, and eugenics.

A weatherman with a journalism degree he attained in the 1950s disputes climate science and climate scientists' findings, and conservatives swoon?

Frankly, I don't think there's another group in this country other than conservatives who have so much disdain for expertise attained through years of training and education in favor of almost anyone off the street who has an opinion they share based on what appears to be an ideological view of the world.

Yeah, my Dad didn't have a "degree" either.

But he was a Supervisor on the Apollo 11 and he sure as hell knew how the thing worked.

Sometimes experience counts a lot more than a degree.

But 97% of all scientists AGREE there is man made global warming!
Kerry called it the biggest security threat we have. If you can't believe Kerry, whom can you believe?
I'll go with 97% of scientists who believe there is man made global warming.
Because you don't understand science.
According to you, 97% of scientists don't understand science. I'm in good company.
No, I never said that. You did.
If you base your belief on the majority then you do not understand science. That is simply fact.
:bs1:

But 97% of all scientists AGREE there is man made global warming!
Kerry called it the biggest security threat we have. If you can't believe Kerry, whom can you believe?
I'll go with 97% of scientists who believe there is man made global warming.
Because you don't understand science.
According to you, 97% of scientists don't understand science. I'm in good company.
No, I never said that. You did.
If you base your belief on the majority then you do not understand science. That is simply fact.
:bs1:

He's right. Science is not a "majority rules."

Science is science. If 97% believe the world is flat and 3% believe it's round, just because the majority claims one thing doesn't make it so!

For 70 years Brontosaurus had the wrong head.

There are things that science believed true 70-100 years ago, we now know to be false.

Just because most believed it, didn't make it true.

Science is about reality, not what most scientists think.

He's absolutely right.

But he was a Supervisor on the Apollo 11 and he sure as hell knew how the thing worked.

Whew!

For a second there, I thought this was going to be a my dad can beat your dad post.

Whew!

For a second there, I thought this was going to be a my dad can beat your dad post.

But but . . . he can! :disbelief:

Oh, I would never state that a degree in and of itself is wholly superior to being learned on a subject since an autodidact might conceivably know as much about a particular subject (like the law, for example) as someone who went to law school. In fact, I'll even give you an example of it.

Jeff Skunk Baxter was a guitar player for both the Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan in the 1970s. Through a series of events that were improbable given his background, he actually became an expert on missile defense systems and went on to become a consultant to the Pentagon on the topic.

Jeff Baxter - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

However, being an apprentice to a master carpenter or an electrician will never make a person qualified to work as a structural engineer or as an electrical engineer. Therefore, a weatherman who studied storm fronts, dew points, and barometric pressure readings is no more qualified to offer a scientific analysis on the merits of climate science as an aircraft pilot is qualified to advice NASA or space flight.

Oh, I would never state that a degree in and of itself is wholly superior to being learned on a subject since an autodidact might conceivably know as much about a particular subject (like the law, for example) as someone who went to law school. In fact, I'll even give you an example of it.

Jeff Skunk Baxter was a guitar player for both the Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan in the 1970s. Through a series of events that were improbable given his background, he actually became an expert on missile defense systems and went on to become a consultant to the Pentagon on the topic.

However, being an apprentice to a master carpenter or an electrician will never make a person qualified to work as a structural engineer or as an electrical engineer. Therefore, a weatherman who studied storm fronts, dew points, and barometric pressure readings is no more qualified to offer a scientific analysis on the merits of climate science as an aircraft pilot is qualified to advice NASA or space flight.

Well funny. Al Gore doesn't have a degree in meteorology but everyone thinks HE's an expert on it.

Well funny. Al Gore doesn't have a degree in meteorology but everyone thinks HE's an expert on it.

Any attempt to refute a working theory which is supported by the evidence involves coming up with a viable alternate theory to account for the data. Once that's proffered, one must be able to present evidence to support the alternate theory. While anyone and his brother can postulate a alternate theory, presenting evidence both to support your new theory while refuting the currently accepted theory by presenting countervailing evidence for why the Earth is warming is the hard part. Nobody has accomplished that yet.

He's right. Science is not a "majority rules."

Science is science. If 97% believe the world is flat and 3% believe it's round, just because the majority claims one thing doesn't make it so!

For 70 years Brontosaurus had the wrong head.

There are things that science believed true 70-100 years ago, we now know to be false.

Just because most believed it, didn't make it true.

Science is about reality, not what most scientists think.

He's absolutely right.

And how do you determine what 'reality' is? You've already thrown out measurements, as you've concocted this elaborate conspiracy involving funding sources and bad science. You haven't actually demonstrated the claim with evidence. But you've typed it, and that seems sufficient for you to dismiss all of climatology. You've eliminated expertise, training and experience.....with your 'we can't trust scientists' claim.

So where is your source on 'reality'? And how do we know its legit?

Oh god you people are pathetic. This is a scientific issue with a global consensus. This guy doesn't even have a degree in a scientific field.

Why do you people not believe in human causes climate change? Because republicans told you so. You are all sheep.

You guys do realize that John Coleman has no degree whatsoever in meteorology, right? His degree is in journalism.

You do realize that Cook is a comic book editor...right? If you're going to argue qualifications get them all out there. Even your side.

You do realize that Cook is a comic book editor...right? If you're going to argue qualifications get them all out there. Even your side.

I'm not citing Cook as a scientific source. The OP cites a journalist as a top meteorologist....despite having no degree in any science nor any degree in meteorology.

Forum List

Back