Punishment for Abortion?

I'd just like to know why Republicans think they have rights to a woman's body. If we males had to give birth I highly doubt abortion would even be an issue.

When a woman's body is carrying a living being her body is no longer hers alone. There's a heatbeat after 22 days from conception, it is a living being and someone needs to speak on its behalf, Lord knows the selfish woman won't. Women that abort are the most selfish, heartless and cowardly people on earth IMO and society should eradicate them.

I am not sure where exactly to post this.. I was thinking the healthcare forum, but this is more of a morality thing..

Assuming that abortion is made illegal.. What would the punishment be??

As often as rightwingers throw around words like murderers and baby killers.. Would you try and convict a young female for murder and then execute her for an abortion??

Is there really teeth behind your words or is it just a fear tactic??

I am curious.. :cool:

I would have suggested you post this in the flame zone - because that it what it is. It is not a serious attempt to debate abortion. It is a rather pathetic attempt to enflame.

No, it's a very legitimate question... you right wingers love to whine, complain and fearmonger, but you never consider the ramifications of your self centered beliefs. For your solutions to work people need to just evaporate...

IF abortion were illegal, would you arrest, charge and prosecute women that have an abortion?

IF abortion were illegal, would you be willing to pay for a woman's prenatal care if she agreed to carry the baby full term?

If severe medical complications left that same woman disabled, would you be willing to pay for her life long care?

If not, then STFU and mind your own business...

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

Oh, right. "Rightwingers want to make abortion illegal!!!" and WE are the ones who like to fearmonger. :eusa_liar:

IF you can find us evidence that the mainstream of abortion opponents want to make abortion totally illegal and IF you can find us evidence that the mainstream of abortion opponents want to punish the "mothers", then MAYBE I would be willing to consider this a legitimate debate question. But as long as you can't - and you can't - I consider it my business to view you and Majik as lying, fearmongering flamers I don't respect enough to piss on if you were on fire.

Your lame bid for credibility has gone down in flames again.

I'd just like to know why Republicans think they have rights to a woman's body. If we males had to give birth I highly doubt abortion would even be an issue.

When a woman's body is carrying a living being her body is no longer hers alone. There's a heatbeat after 22 days from conception, it is a living being and someone needs to speak on its behalf, Lord knows the selfish woman won't. Women that abort are the most selfish, heartless and cowardly people on earth IMO and society should eradicate them.

Can the fetus live outside of the mother at 22 days old? If not, the fetus is a parasite living off the mother's body, nothing more. How does a parasite have the right to anything? What about the woman's rights? Why do the rights of the woman never enter into the Republican's mind?

So...if I got this straight, you're for saving parasites, but you're also for killing those who would kill the parasites...:cuckoo:

I am not sure where exactly to post this.. I was thinking the healthcare forum, but this is more of a morality thing..

As often as rightwingers throw around words like murderers and baby killers.. Would you try and convict a young female for murder and then execute her for an abortion??

THIS retarded straw man argument again. Just another indication how terrified leftists are of debating any topic fairly and reasonably.

"Rightwingers want to make abortion illegal!!! That must mean they want to put women in prison!!! If they say that's not what they want, then they're HYPOCRITES!!!" Please note that it always involves multiple punctuation marks, which always indicates a diseased mind.

If you're REALLY curious about "rightwingers'" thoughts and positions on abortion, Majik - something I highly doubt, because real curiousity would require an open, thinking mind - why don't you try asking us what they are, instead of just asking narrow, trick questions? "When did you stop beating your wife?" seems to be the extent that your ilk can pretend to examine anything, though. :eusa_hand:

Sunni Man wants to put women in prison. I asked him.

No it's not, it 's a simple question.

Assuming abortion was made illegal, what should the punishment be?

No, it wasn't. If it was a simple question - looking for a debate, there would be no nonsense about executing young girls for abortion. It is a flame, nothing more. As and when someone starts a thread about abortion in a genuine attempt to discuss it, I'm happy to participate. I'm not gonna enter into a flame on abortion. It is pathetic and stupid. As is anyone who thinks the above is a genuine attempt at debate. The only 'simple' thing about the OP is the poster.

That's a cop out and you know it.

You know you have an answer to the question floating around in your head but you're just afraid to post it here for fear of looking like a hypocrite at best or a lunatic at worst.

The answer to the question floating around in MY mind - the one that you fools and flamers don't want to hear, which is why you never ask real questions - is that no one has suggested making abortion illegal, and the only people suggesting that there should be punishment for the "mothers" involved is YOU TWERPS, and you only do it as a lame-ass attempt to shut down abortion debate entirely. So no, there is no simple question involved in "What do you think the faux punishment made up by lying abortion supporters should be, if abortion was ever illegalized despite the fact that no one is advocating that?"

The simple question is, "Why can't you chickenshits ever address the REAL issues instead of hiding behind lies?"

I would have suggested you post this in the flame zone - because that it what it is. It is not a serious attempt to debate abortion. It is a rather pathetic attempt to enflame.

Why is it that everytime someone raises a question such as this on a message board people come out and attack them as if they are trying to inflame others?

I find it saddening that whenever someone brings up a question like this about abortion or religion and they have a different point of view than others, they are immediately attacked as not trying to have a legitimate discussion, but rather they are simply attempting to piss people off.

Regardless of MajikMyst's motives for the question, this is a decent start to a thread. Let it go.

Immie

You want proof otherwise? Look at the 'tards cheering you on for treating Majik like a sane human instead of a drooling moron.

No one is attacking him for "having a different view". He's justifiably getting called on his closed, circular "When did you start beating your wife?" attempt at pretending to have a dialogue.

This will be a "decent start to a thread" if and when total illegalization of abortion actually becomes an issue supported by the mainstream abortion opposition movement, and when someone other than strawman-waving abortion supporters suggests that women should be punished. Until then, all Majik is doing is asking us to debate the fevered, hate-filled images in his own mind, and all you're doing is legitimizing his delusions as having some basis in a reality they aren't even close to.

No, it's a very legitimate question... you right wingers love to whine, complain and fearmonger, but you never consider the ramifications of your self centered beliefs. For your solutions to work people need to just evaporate...

IF abortion were illegal, would you arrest, charge and prosecute women that have an abortion?

IF abortion were illegal, would you be willing to pay for a woman's prenatal care if she agreed to carry the baby full term?

If severe medical complications left that same woman disabled, would you be willing to pay for her life long care?

If not, then STFU and mind your own business...

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde

Shove it up your ass, Bf. I will post whatever I want, whereever I want, whenever I want - unless Gunny, or a Mod tells me different.

It is this kind of dumbass behavior that justifies my contention that there is no serious debate on this forum. Because you - and one or two others - are too fucking stupid to understand the difference between asking genuine questions and starting off from a stance of enflaming others.

That's why you're an idiot and I am not.

Save the bluster...

An idiot is a person that doesn't consider the consequences of their solutions...that would be YOU...

So let's end the debate here and now...as it stands the law is perfect...everyone has the right to CHOOSE... if you choose not to have an abortion, it is you business...if another woman chooses to have one, STFU...

I love it. "You won't debate your issues solely on the basis of what I say your issues and positions are, so the debate is over, and my way of doing things is perfect. I win!!!"

I tell you what. If you choose not to have an abortion, it is your business. If I choose to talk to someone else about their abortion, STFU. How's that work for you?

By the way, I like how your "right to choose" only extends to abortion. It doesn't seem to extend to choosing to speak against abortion. Funny, that. It's almost like you don't support freedom of choice, but only freedom to kill babies masquerading as choice. :eusa_eh:

No it's not, it 's a simple question.

Assuming abortion was made illegal, what should the punishment be?

Yeah, that's a "simple question". "Assuming that something happened that virtually no one is advocating, what should we make the punishment which is only advocated and insisted upon by people who support abortion and use it as a debate bludgeon?"

Can you say, "Pathetic strawman"?

Actually.. If you remember.. A number of states.. S. Dakota to name one.. Tried to out right ban abortion.. Or make it illegal in that state.. So it is something that the pro-life crowed wants.. I am only asking that if it gets what it wants.. What would the punishment be for violating that law?

The only straw man arguement here is anyone that avoids the question and attacks me or the question itself..

But let's assume for a moment that I don't know what you are advocating?? So?? Educate me?? What is the pro-life crowd advocating?? Do you not want abortion made illegal?? If not then what then??

As for debating the issue itself?? You would lose on all fronts.. Your response here shows that.. It is obvious that you can't follow your views to their conclusion.. While I may not agree with Lone_Star.. He at least can admit where he stands instead of avoiding the question.. That takes courage and I respect that.. :cool:

Can the fetus live outside of the mother at 22 days old? If not, the fetus is a parasite living off the mother's body, nothing more. How does a parasite have the right to anything? What about the woman's rights? Why do the rights of the woman never enter into the Republican's mind?

So...if I got this straight, you're for saving parasites, but you're also for killing those who would kill the parasites...:cuckoo:

You got it all wrong, YOU are a parasite that obviously doesn't value human life. I pity your dumbass.

"And if men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide.
"But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. Exodus 21:22-24

Seems to me the writer feels a woman's life is more important than a fetus.

You got it all wrong, YOU are a parasite that obviously doesn't value human life. I pity your dumbass.

That is so Christian of you. :cuckoo:

You are for killing. You said as much above. Do you read what you post?

First of all, many of our laws involve restricting what one can do with one's body, so I'd like to know where leftists got the odd notion that anyone is or has ever been entitled to complete autonomy in regards to "my own body". Second of all, abortion isn't about the woman's body at all, as leftists very well know, or would if they had a knowledge of biology beyond the second grade level. It's about the body of someone else entirely, ie. the baby, and the right to live shouldn't be like real estate: all about location, location, location.

Glad to know that you somehow think males are less capable of compassion for babies or objective morality, though.

THIS retarded straw man argument again. Just another indication how terrified leftists are of debating any topic fairly and reasonably.

"Rightwingers want to make abortion illegal!!! That must mean they want to put women in prison!!! If they say that's not what they want, then they're HYPOCRITES!!!" Please note that it always involves multiple punctuation marks, which always indicates a diseased mind.

If you're REALLY curious about "rightwingers'" thoughts and positions on abortion, Majik - something I highly doubt, because real curiousity would require an open, thinking mind - why don't you try asking us what they are, instead of just asking narrow, trick questions? "When did you stop beating your wife?" seems to be the extent that your ilk can pretend to examine anything, though. :eusa_hand:

That's what Lonestar_Logic wants...I asked him.

Really? Do you even know who Lonestar_Logic is in real life, much less what qualifies him to represent all of the right wing, or even all of the mainstream pro-life movement? No? Then this is no answer, particularly when I wasn't addressing you in the first place.

First of all, a fetus isn't a parasite. It's a symbiote. Look it up.

Second of all, what does that have to do with anything? How does "parasite" exclude a fetus from having rights? Where is it written, "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness . . . unless you're dependent on someone else to feed and shelter you"?

Third, what "rights" do you imagine the woman has that the presence of the baby she created is violating, and can you show me where those rights are codified into law, or even social understanding and acceptance?

Fourth, chanting "parasite!" over and over doesn't change the fact that a fetus is still a living human being. How it is designed to sustain life at the stage of development is irrelevant to anything but your childish mantra.

Keep trying, and you might thrash your way to something coherent, logical, and mature.

That is so Christian of you. :cuckoo:

You are for killing. You said as much above. Do you read what you post?

Who said I was a Christian? Oh and yes I'm all for putting those that are guilty of murder to death. For the record the Old Testament law commanded the death penalty for various acts: murder (Exodus 21:12), kidnapping (Exodus 21:16), bestiality (Exodus 22:19), adultery (Leviticus 20:10), homosexuality (Leviticus 20:13), being a false prophet (Deuteronomy 13:5), prostitution and rape (Deuteronomy 22:4), and several other crimes. However, God often showed mercy when the death penalty was due. David committed adultery and murder, yet God did not demand his life be taken (2 Samuel 11:1-5, 14-17; 2 Samuel 12:13). Ultimately, every sin we commit should result in the death penalty because the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). Thankfully, God demonstrates His love for us in not condemning us (Romans 5:8).

When the Pharisees brought a woman who was caught in the act of adultery to Jesus and asked Him if she should be stoned, Jesus replied, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her” (John 8:7). This should not be used to indicate that Jesus rejected capital punishment in all instances. Jesus was simply exposing the hypocrisy of the Pharisees. The Pharisees wanted to trick Jesus into breaking the Old Testament law; they did not truly care about the woman being stoned (where was the man who was caught in adultery?) God is the One who instituted capital punishment: “Whoever sheds man's blood, by man his blood shall be shed, for in the image of God He made man” (Genesis 9:6). Jesus would support capital punishment in some instances. Jesus also demonstrated grace when capital punishment was due (John 8:1-11). The apostle Paul definitely recognized the power of the government to institute capital punishment where appropriate (Romans 13:1-7).

How should a Christian view the death penalty? First, we must remember that God has instituted capital punishment in His Word; therefore, it would be presumptuous of us to think that we could institute a higher standard. God has the highest standard of any being; He is perfect. This standard applies not only to us but to Himself. Therefore, He loves to an infinite degree, and He has mercy to an infinite degree. We also see that He has wrath to an infinite degree, and it is all maintained in a perfect balance.

Second, we must recognize that God has given government the authority to determine when capital punishment is due (Genesis 9:6; Romans 13:1-7). It is unbiblical to claim that God opposes the death penalty in all instances. Christians should never rejoice when the death penalty is employed, but at the same time, Christians should not fight against the government’s right to execute the perpetrators of the most evil of crimes.

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. (Roman13:1)

First of all, many of our laws involve restricting what one can do with one's body, so I'd like to know where leftists got the odd notion that anyone is or has ever been entitled to complete autonomy in regards to "my own body". Second of all, abortion isn't about the woman's body at all, as leftists very well know, or would if they had a knowledge of biology beyond the second grade level. It's about the body of someone else entirely, ie. the baby, and the right to live shouldn't be like real estate: all about location, location, location.

Glad to know that you somehow think males are less capable of compassion for babies or objective morality, though.

It IS about the woman's body because that is where the parasite is gestating. And it will remain a parasite until it can live outside of the woman's body without feeding off of the woman. I love how all you Republicans think you are the be all end all when it comes to this issue. If you do not want/do not need to have an abortion, don't have one. But to think for one moment you can tell me what I can do with my body is highly arrogant and, thankfully, your fight to overturn Roe v Wade will never be won.

Please see my last response to your previous attempt to waste my time with this bullshit line.

Thanks for proving that you chickenshits are all about desperately avoiding a real debate, though.

Well, in the cases where mommy chooses to abort a perfectly viable pre-born human being for such important reasons as "personal convenience," I suppose SOME punsihment might be in order.

Prison, maybe?

I realize that would be a terrible inconvenience. And that would be a bit ironic. But I'm not sure the personal convenience of the convicted criminal is ever that much of a valid basis for a decision by a Court about sentencing a convicted defendant.

Of course, we should also consider who ELSE might be in line for prosecution. It's not ALL about the mommy, necessarily.

"And if men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she has a miscarriage, yet there is no further injury, he shall surely be fined as the woman's husband may demand of him; and he shall pay as the judges decide.
"But if there is any further injury, then you shall appoint as a penalty life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. Exodus 21:22-24

Seems to me the writer feels a woman's life is more important than a fetus.

You seem to be ignoring this verse, Lonestar.

Please see my last response to your previous attempt to waste my time with this bullshit line.

Thanks for proving that you chickenshits are all about desperately avoiding a real debate, though.

Ummm.. The only one I see avoiding debate is you.. You have yet to asnwer the question and yet to make any kind of point what so ever.. Other than calling people names and throwing insults.. You have done nothing to add to this debate..

I will ask for it again.. What is your point of view on this issue??

Forum List

Back