Punishment for Abortion?

AllieBaba , I disagree with the generalizations you've made about pro-choice folks.

That's your right. I've been debating with them for years, and it's the conclusion I have come to.

On this board we have a poster who thinks any death is good for the earth as it reduces the population.

We have a poster who thinks that the value of children is decreased according to the size of the family. That poster has one child, of course.

We have posters who insist that people who cannot afford children should be prevented from having them.

We have posters who think that poor women who don't abort abuse their children.

We have posters who think certain groups of people have more value than others. For example, people who live in certain areas of the US, who have limited education, who have made poor choices, are not valuable human beings and therefore should be dismissed, have their rights removed, etc.

And that's just on this board. I could provide a name for each but I won't, because they know who they are, and I'm not up for fighting a dozen shrieking hysterics all at once.

The same posters equate the intentional targeting and killing of children as the same as the incidental killing of innocents in war.

They all share a disdain of people not like them, and while they proclaim from the rooftops it's all about protecting humanity, all they're doing is justifying the butchery of children.

That is funny Allie.. To bad none of what you stated can be connected to a pro-choice view.. Maybe a few extremists but certainly not the general..

Now I have heard right wingers piss and whine about poor folks having tons of kids.. Perhaps you have a pro-choice person confused with a neotard??

Spare me.

"being alive does not give the zygote full human rights - including the right not to be aborted during its gestation."

"A human indeed does not become a full person until consciousness. And consciousness doesn't occur until well after the birth of the child."

"Therefore, even though a full-term human baby may still not be a person, after birth it enjoys the full support of the law in protecting its rights. After birth its independence begs that it be protected as if it were equal to a fully-conscience human being."

"Is abortion murder?

No. Absolutely not.

It's not murder if it's not an independent person."

Why Abortion is Moral -- By Elroy

There's that. Let's find some more.

"Donohue and Levitt (2001) present a number of analyses that suggest a causal link between legalized abortion and reductions in crime almost two decades later when the cohorts exposed to legalized abortion reach their peak crime years. "
Further Evidence that Legalized Abortion Lowered Crime: A Reply to Joyce

"Contemporary liberal social planners have elevated Sanger to sainthood, protesting that her birth control campaign was nothing more than a vehicle for economic betterment and health for the masses. But Sanger's own well-documented words, publications and associations indicate a deeper and darker motivation. Sanger began publishing the Birth Control Review in 1917 and served as its editor until 1938. The May 1919 Review proclaimed, "More children for the fit, less for the unfit." By unfit, Sanger meant the mentally retarded or physically handicapped; later her definition expanded.
Abortion and Eugenics

"People simply are not willing to accept the idea that the genetic base on which their character is formed is inferior and should not be repeated in the next generation. We have asked whole groups of people to accept this idea and we have asked individuals to accept it. They have constantly refused ... they won't accept the idea that they are in general second rate." As you try to understand why people may have been slow to accept that they were second-rate, keep in mind that Osborn considered the upper five or ten percent of the population to have the intelligence and character that the entire human race should have.

Osborn's response to the challenge was a proposal he called "voluntary unconscious selection." The idea was to alter laws, customs and social expectations, so that individuals would decide for themselves that they did or did not want to have children. The way to persuade people to exercise this voluntary unconscious selection was to appeal to the idea of "wanted" children. Osborn said, "Let's base our proposals on the desirability of having children born in homes where they will get affectionate and responsible care." In this way, the eugenics movement "will move at last towards the high goal which Galton set for it."

Eugenics after World War II

What you have are the feel-good pro-abortion crowd who buy what they're sold about it being a woman's body, woman's choice...who think that a huge number of abortions are because of incest or rape, or because the baby poses a threat to the mother, or because if they're born to poor mothers they'll be unwanted, treated badly, and not be up to parr thanks to the fact that they don't have much money.

But the reality of abortion is much different. Eugenecists figured out a long time ago how to make abortion palatable to the masses. By lying to them. But the core of the movement remains the same...eliminate those who aren't considered as worthwhile as others. Those with physical ailments, with mental deficiencies or lower iqs. It's called "building a master race". Pro-abortionists are victimizing women and children in order to achieve it.

AllieBaba , I disagree with the generalizations you've made about pro-choice folks.

And yet, no one has a problem with the generalizations made by others in this thread about pro-life folks?

Immie

What generalizations??

Your first post was a generalization for one.

Post #121 came along later, but it is another generalization and there were others throughout this thread. It goes both ways.

Immie

Last edited:

And yet, no one has a problem with the generalizations made by others in this thread about pro-life folks?

Immie
What are you? Chopped liver? :lol:

YOU had a HUGE problem with the generalizations made about anti-choicers.

But you don't seem to like it if someone has a problem when it concerns pro choicers.

Excuse me?

I didn't have a problem with the generalizations made by either side. It was toronado that was complaining about the generalizations made about choicers, yet he ignores the ones that started it all.

Immie

So, that's twice you have posted silly pics in a 'debate', and you wonder why I maintain this isn't a debate.

one.

The only reason it is no longer a debate is because you've come on here saying it isn't. Some of us are actually interested in others' opinions on the matter. And if you can put down the bottle of wine, maybe you can tap in the URL of the place you go for 'serious' debate (which I doubt it is - if so, give out the URL and we'll make up our own mind) and waddle off there...

The OP is based on a situation that will not happen. So the 'debate' is mute. It means nothing. It is, in fact, just an opening for whining lefties to rant at whining righties about something that won't actually happen. Ergo, it is meaningless.

And, I'm not giving you - or anyone else - confidential information. The debate forum that I am a member of is an academic forum for members only. They wouldn't tolerate most of the idiots that rant here. I would think you (as an individual, not a group) would have difficulty making up your mind about what to eat, yet alone any kind of proper debate.

In closing, I thought the neg rep was just hysterical!! :lol::lol: Oh noooooo! A neg rep! What to do? What to do? I lost seconds of time worrying about that.

I am not sure where exactly to post this.. I was thinking the healthcare forum, but this is more of a morality thing..

Assuming that abortion is made illegal.. What would the punishment be??

As often as rightwingers throw around words like murderers and baby killers.. Would you try and convict a young female for murder and then execute her for an abortion??

Is there really teeth behind your words or is it just a fear tactic??

I am curious.. :cool:

First, if abortion was illegal, except in a life and death situation, it would not be a crime of murder, necessarily. It would be, for the Doctor, the performance of an illegal procedure. Punishment? That would not necessarily be a long jail sentence, but the Dr's license might be in danger.

For the pregnant woman, it would be having an illegal procedure performed, which might be costly in fines.

Both could face some kind of charges related to the human rights of the child. There is a possibility of some punishment related to taking the life of an unborn child.

Murder is a harsh word to use in some cases. However, abortion for convenience sake, in my opinion is taking the life of a person, willfully and in a premeditated action.

Just my thoughts.

So, that's twice you have posted silly pics in a 'debate', and you wonder why I maintain this isn't a debate.

one.

The only reason it is no longer a debate is because you've come on here saying it isn't. Some of us are actually interested in others' opinions on the matter. And if you can put down the bottle of wine, maybe you can tap in the URL of the place you go for 'serious' debate (which I doubt it is - if so, give out the URL and we'll make up our own mind) and waddle off there...

The OP is based on a situation that will not happen. So the 'debate' is mute. It means nothing. It is, in fact, just an opening for whining lefties to rant at whining righties about something that won't actually happen. Ergo, it is meaningless.

And, I'm not giving you - or anyone else - confidential information. The debate forum that I am a member of is an academic forum for members only. They wouldn't tolerate most of the idiots that rant here. I would think you (as an individual, not a group) would have difficulty making up your mind about what to eat, yet alone any kind of proper debate.

In closing, I thought the neg rep was just hysterical!! :lol::lol: Oh noooooo! A neg rep! What to do? What to do? I lost seconds of time worrying about that.
Don't your intellectual friends get upset when you misspell moot?

Don't your intellectual friends get upset when you misspell moot?

No, we're not anal about spelling - it's content that matters.

And within seconds, another pro-choice proves my generalisations are true:

Elvis says:

"I would approve abortion if people like you were the ones being aborted."

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...und-conservatives-would-approve-abortion.html

Interesting that. I know a poster on these boards who professes quite loudly that they are Pro-Life and has on at least 3 occasions I know said they would support abortion if the person they were losing a debate to was the one aborted.

I am not sure where exactly to post this.. I was thinking the healthcare forum, but this is more of a morality thing..

Assuming that abortion is made illegal.. What would the punishment be?? Death

As often as rightwingers throw around words like murderers and baby killers.. Would you try and convict a young female for murder and then execute her for an abortion?? Yes

Is there really teeth behind your words or is it just a fear tactic?? Yes, if I had my way it would be illegal to have an abortion and punishable by death with three exceptions, cases of rape, incest or if the life of the mother is in danger would be the only exemptions from prosecution.

Abortion is murder.

As often as rightwingers throw around words like murderers and baby killers.. Would you try and convict a young female for murder and then execute her for an abortion??

First, if abortion was illegal, except in a life and death situation, it would not be a crime of murder, necessarily. It would be, for the Doctor, the performance of an illegal procedure. Punishment? That would not necessarily be a long jail sentence, but the Dr's license might be in danger.

For the pregnant woman, it would be having an illegal procedure performed, which might be costly in fines.

Both could face some kind of charges related to the human rights of the child. There is a possibility of some punishment related to taking the life of an unborn child.

Murder is a harsh word to use in some cases. However, abortion for convenience sake, in my opinion is taking the life of a person, willfully and in a premeditated action.

Just my thoughts.

So, if Abortion isn't murder, what is it? An accident?

As often as rightwingers throw around words like murderers and baby killers.. Would you try and convict a young female for murder and then execute her for an abortion?? Yes

Is there really teeth behind your words or is it just a fear tactic?? Yes, if I had my way it would be illegal to have an abortion and punishable by death with three exceptions, cases of rape, incest or if the life of the mother is in danger would be the only exemptions from prosecution.

Abortion is murder.
So you support the Doctor, the woman, and anyone else involved be charged with premeditated murder.

Abortion is murder.
So you support the Doctor, the woman, and anyone else involved be charged with premeditated murder.

Yes.

THIS retarded straw man argument again. Just another indication how terrified leftists are of debating any topic fairly and reasonably.

"Rightwingers want to make abortion illegal!!! That must mean they want to put women in prison!!! If they say that's not what they want, then they're HYPOCRITES!!!" Please note that it always involves multiple punctuation marks, which always indicates a diseased mind.

If you're REALLY curious about "rightwingers'" thoughts and positions on abortion, Majik - something I highly doubt, because real curiousity would require an open, thinking mind - why don't you try asking us what they are, instead of just asking narrow, trick questions? "When did you stop beating your wife?" seems to be the extent that your ilk can pretend to examine anything, though. :eusa_hand:

I'd just like to know why Republicans think they have rights to a woman's body. If we males had to give birth I highly doubt abortion would even be an issue.

THIS retarded straw man argument again. Just another indication how terrified leftists are of debating any topic fairly and reasonably.

"Rightwingers want to make abortion illegal!!! That must mean they want to put women in prison!!! If they say that's not what they want, then they're HYPOCRITES!!!" Please note that it always involves multiple punctuation marks, which always indicates a diseased mind.

If you're REALLY curious about "rightwingers'" thoughts and positions on abortion, Majik - something I highly doubt, because real curiousity would require an open, thinking mind - why don't you try asking us what they are, instead of just asking narrow, trick questions? "When did you stop beating your wife?" seems to be the extent that your ilk can pretend to examine anything, though. :eusa_hand:

That's what Lonestar_Logic wants...I asked him.

I would have suggested you post this in the flame zone - because that it what it is. It is not a serious attempt to debate abortion. It is a rather pathetic attempt to enflame.

No it's not, it 's a simple question.

Assuming abortion was made illegal, what should the punishment be?

Yeah, that's a "simple question". "Assuming that something happened that virtually no one is advocating, what should we make the punishment which is only advocated and insisted upon by people who support abortion and use it as a debate bludgeon?"

Can you say, "Pathetic strawman"?

Forum List

Back