"protecting" And "serving"

Hear it WHERE??? IN THE MEDIA??? Newsflash bud....the media is interested in making cops look bad. If cops speak out against corruption....where you expect to see it? Fact is....LOTS OF them do. High ranking ones particularly (because policy usually forbids low ranks from publicly speaking). You just don't hear it because media doesn't cover it. Go to community forums with police and events they put on. Just don't expect CNN or NBC...or DontTazeMeBros "Free Thought Project" to cover it. Bad cop is good business for them
I have no reason to like to you, so you can believe me when I tell you the only examples of significant police misconduct I learn about from the mainstream media are those which are so spectacular they cannot be ignored. For one example, how many times have you heard about the outrageous and menacing increase in no-knock raids all over the Nation, most of which are for petty drug nonsense and a substantial number of which are mistakes?

I didn't hear about the topic example, the cop shoving his finger up the guy's ass to check for drugs, in the mainstream media. If Don't Taz Me Bro didn't post the local report I would never have known about it, as is the case with the vast majority of Americans -- who would have no idea of the perverse direction our civilian police seem to be moving in.

These examples of egregious police misconduct are happening because police nationwide are acquiring the notion that it's okay to behave this way. Too many of them have become relatively uninhibited in their actions. And as I've mentioned several times before, much of this problem can be traced to the authors of Universal Procedure, to training personnel, to irresponsible union management and, mainly, to ineffective supervision.

You are so ignorant of the truth of law enforcement I can't have a serious conversation about it.

Of course...you get all your info on police abuse from mainstream media and alternate news websites that hate cops. So of course....you're gonna have a fair viewpoint on cops (sarcasm).

Sure they are. They're protecting all of us who don't want drug infested violent thugs roaming our streets.
What kind of third-rate Reefer Madness nonsense are you trying to get over with this absurdity? "Drug-infested violent thugs?" Can you refer to just one reported example of police protecting someone from a "drug-infested violent thug?"

Most drug-motivated crime is passive larceny (shoplifting, etc.) and burglary. And the reason for 99.9% of all drug-related crime occurs as the direct result of the War On Drugs.

Last edited:
The incident took place then. The article is from today. Naturally, you'd attempt a distraction from the actual topic at hand because you see nothing wrong with what happened.

What....2 cops did something stupid?? Oh my gawd shut it all down!!!

How's your Poodle Parmesan taste??

So you're cool with what happened, Bull Connor?

No I'm not. And their local department will handle it. Mmm....lemon peppered labrador. Is that a Thai dish or Chinese? Meh...same difference.

You keep denying you're a racist, but you keep making comments like this.

You should learn English then. Racist means someone thinks their race is superior. I do not. Whites aren't superior. Thus...no racism. I just like to make fun of you and like to point out the disgusting culture of eating dogs that you all partake in. If you all keep eating Broiled Bulldog and Grilled Daschund then I'm gonna rip on it.
what an uneducated cletus , making up definitions of words , what a slack jawed inbred

Sure they are. They're protecting all of us who don't want drug infested violent thugs roaming our streets.
What kind of third-rate Reefer Madness nonsense are you trying to get over with this absurdity? "Drug-infested violent thugs." Can you refer to just one reported example of police protecting someone from a "drug-infested violent thug?"

Most drug-motivated crime is passive larceny (shoplifting, etc.) and burglary. And the reason for 99.9% of all drug-related crime occurs as the direct result of the War On Drugs.

False.

Over 50% of murders are drug related.

You should learn English then. Racist means someone thinks their race is superior. I do not. Whites aren't superior. Thus...no racism.

You constantly start discussion threads ripping on blacks and you constantly make derogatory remarks to me about being Asian.

I just like to make fun of you and like to point out the disgusting culture of eating dogs that you all partake in. If you all keep eating Broiled Bulldog and Grilled Daschund then I'm gonna rip on it.

Case and point.

I'm also half white too, dumb fuck.

You should learn English then. Racist means someone thinks their race is superior. I do not. Whites aren't superior. Thus...no racism.

You constantly start discussion threads ripping on blacks and you constantly make derogatory remarks to me about being Asian.

I just like to make fun of you and like to point out the disgusting culture of eating dogs that you all partake in. If you all keep eating Broiled Bulldog and Grilled Daschund then I'm gonna rip on it.

Case and point.

I'm also half white too, dumb fuck.

I point out realities and note the race of people in stories (exactly how the media does).

DontTazeMeBros neighborhood deli
a-wyatt-mann-chinese-dog-eater.jpg

I point out realities and note the race of people in stories (exactly how the media does).

[...]
Bucs,

Racism, in the most fundamental sense of the word, is a natural human state of mind when encountering other humans who are unfamiliar in their outer conformations. While it cannot be denied that we humans are tribal creatures by nature who do not readily accept or adapt to the unfamiliar, the circumstances of our modern and (mostly) civilized world demand that we adjust to reality and make accommodation to a circumstance we can't do anything about.

The most recent attempt to overcome this reality was commenced by the Nazis during WW-II. They started with the Jews but had they not been defeated it's anyone's guess which non-Aryan sub-species would have been next. Seeing what happened to them the intelligent conclusion is racial (and other) human disparity is a fact of life that must be accepted and made the best of.

In the simplest terms, modern-day racism is a proven folly -- because there is nothing one can do about the fact that the world is inhabited by many different tribes. In our immediate sphere of existence the racist police officer is best equipped by official status to act on his hateful impulses -- although he doesn't dare openly admit his real motivation. So rather than accept a reality he can't do anything about and make the best of it, he keeps on covertly acting out his frustration which inevitably ends up causing problems not only for himself but for everyone around him.

So my thoughts on the matter is these racist cops who have neither the balls to openly admit their feelings or the ability to do anything truly substantive about the situation should wise up and stop the trouble-making bullshit.

Last edited:
Sure they are. They're protecting all of us who don't want drug infested violent thugs roaming our streets. Every time you watch "COPS" you see them protecting the masses from those failed humans who like to steal and commit other crimes to fuel their life of substance abuse and irresponsibility.
What I often see on COPS is some goon going out of his way and wasting a lot of time to arrest someone for doing something which is harming no one.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for any police officer who does something to actually protect someone from a criminal. But quite honestly the number times I've seen anything like that on COPS is less than one percent of a ninety-nine to one ratio. The vast majority of arrests one sees taking place on COPS is drug-related -- usually some petty, unnecessary nonsense.

Let me tell you about a recent example.

A stereotypical authoritarian goon pulls over a guy for some minor traffic offense. Rather than issuing a summons and sending the guy on his way, this goon carried on a protracted questioning, finally telling the guy to get out of his car, which the guy did, very cooperatively, and the questioning continued: "Where were you, where are you going," and on and on. The guy's mumbled responses told the goon what he wanted to know. The guy was handcuffed, searched, and he agreed to let the cop search his car -- all very timidly and cooperatively.

This ended up with two other cops arriving, one of whom grabbed this skinny, handcuffed, obviously intimidated fellow in a crushing headlock while Goon Number One squeezed the guy's cheeks and yanked at his lower lip with a gloved hand until the guy finally spit out one packet of methamphetamine.

One packet of meth. And for this the guy, who has harmed no one, is going to jail for drug possession and for resisting arrest. The police will seize his car and one can only guess how much this shameful exhibition of Gestapo-like oppression cost the taxpayers. And it is not exceptional. I've seen many examples of similar or equivalent exercises of unfortunately lawful but brutal police conduct. And if you watch COPS you have seen it too.

But you probably think it's okay.

Last edited:
Sure they are. They're protecting all of us who don't want drug infested violent thugs roaming our streets. Every time you watch "COPS" you see them protecting the masses from those failed humans who like to steal and commit other crimes to fuel their life of substance abuse and irresponsibility.
What I often see on COPS is some goon going out of his way and wasting a lot of time to arrest someone for doing something which is harming no one.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for any police officer who does something to actually protect someone from a criminal. But quite honestly the number times I've seen anything like that on COPS is less than one percent of a ninety-nine to one ratio. The vast majority of arrests one sees taking place on COPS is drug-related -- usually some petty, unnecessary nonsense.

A stereotypical authoritarian goon pulls over a guy for some minor traffic offense. Rather than issuing a summons and sending the guy on his way, this goon carried on a protracted questioning, finally telling the guy to get out of his car, which the guy did, very cooperatively, and the questioning continued: "Where were you, where are you going," and on and on. The guy's mumbled responses told the goon what he wanted to know. The guy was handcuffed, searched, and he agreed to let the cop search his car -- all very timidly and cooperatively.

This ended up with two other cops arriving, one of whom grabbed this skinny, handcuffed, obviously intimidated fellow in a crushing headlock while Goon Number One squeezed the guy's cheeks and yanked at his lower lip with a gloved hand until the guy finally spit out one packet of methamphetamine.

One packet of meth. And for this the guy, who has harmed no one, is going to jail for drug possession and for resisting arrest. The police will seize his car and one can only guess how much this shameful exhibition of Gestapo-like oppression cost the taxpayers. And it is not exceptional. I've seen many examples of similar or equivalent exercises of unfortunately lawful but brutal police conduct. And if you watch COPS you have seen it too.

Dude....so long as your knowledge of law enforcement comes purely from watching "COPS"....I'm done with ya. Seriously. It's almost every post you make about cops you cite "COPS". A damn TV show. Do some ride alongs. Lots of em. Then we can chat.

Dude....so long as your knowledge of law enforcement comes purely from watching "COPS"....I'm done with ya. Seriously. It's almost every post you make about cops you cite "COPS". A damn TV show. Do some ride alongs. Lots of em. Then we can chat.
COPS is a very convenient reference for use here because every participant in this forum, including you, has as much access to it as I have. Any other knowledge of a more personal nature I may have of law-enforcement is not nearly as useful for my purpose here. But you may rest assured that the subject of police conduct, with or without our mutual access to the COPS reference source, is not at all alien to me.

Policemen everywhere in the whole world protect and serve the establishment.
They don't protect and serve us, the people

PS: Your reference to COPS as a "damn TV show" conveniently ignores the fact that it is not rehearsed fiction. It is spontaneous reality -- which is why it is a valuable research object for anyone with a special interest in this topic.

So if you prefer to ignore its value, maybe you have a special reason.

PS: Your reference to COPS as a "damn TV show" conveniently ignores the fact that it is not rehearsed fiction. It is spontaneous reality -- which is why it is a valuable research object for anyone with a special interest in this topic.

It's meaning?? It's been running for 20 years. It's PLANNED so the departments control which officers they ride, which calls they get to see, and departments approve which videos are allowed to be shown and which arent.

What you see on COPS IS NOT typical day to day police work. Its a hand picked officer who is told to try to go find something exciting for the camera.

The fact that you think COPS is an accurate portrayal of daily police work is a total joke. And no...I don't thin

Dude...you have no clue. Cops is a 20 year running show. Departments hand pick which officers they ride with (usually a supervisor if you know the rank structure). They control which calls they go to. And which videos are released. They try to take the camera to exciting calls. Typically ones where someone is gonna resist. It's a SHOW. What they show 99% of the time....accounts for about 1% of police work.

Its Iike watching a reality tow truck show like Lizard Lick or Miami Tow and thinking that's what being a tow driver is like. Or watching Dog the Bounty Hunter and thinking that's an accurate portrayal of working as a bail bondsman.

The fact you think COPS is an accurate portrayal of law enforcement shows how immature and ignorant your knowledge of LE is.

It's meaning?? It's been running for 20 years.
What does that have to do with what we are seeing on COPS today? Or last year? Or ten years ago?

It's PLANNED so the departments control which officers they ride, which calls they get to see, and departments approve which videos are allowed to be shown and which arent.
I'm quite aware each episode that runs is approved for broadcast by the respective agency. If they weren't there likely would be a massive federal investigation and a two-year backup in civil actions. Again, so what? What does that have to do with what we actually see? Are you suggesting that is planned? What do you think of the incident I described in #1149? Do you think I made it up? Or do you think it is exceptionally rare?

Dude...you have no clue. Cops is a 20 year running show.
Again, so what? The only possible difference that makes is twenty years ago a substantial percentage of the American public was not as well acquainted with police misconduct and malfeasance as they presently are becoming.

Departments hand pick which officers they ride with (usually a supervisor if you know the rank structure).
One can only wonder about the outcome if they were not selective (I'm sure we would see some real winners). As for supervisory officers, I can't recall ever seeing one on a ride-along.

They control which calls they go to. And which videos are released. They try to take the camera to exciting calls. Typically ones where someone is gonna resist. It's a SHOW. What they show 99% of the time....accounts for about 1% of police work.
I don't care about any of the preparatory circumstances. All I'm concerned with is what I see. Are you trying to tell me I am not seeing what I see? I don't care what goes into the soup. What I care about is how it tastes.

Its Iike watching a reality tow truck show like Lizard Lick or Miami Tow and thinking that's what being a tow driver is like. Or watching Dog the Bounty Hunter and thinking that's an accurate portrayal of working as a bail bondsman.
If I were concerned with the tow business or bounty hunters I might be interested in the comparison you're trying to make. But I'm not. I'm concerned with the everyday performance of civilian police officers in America. And I'm concerned with that because of recent revelations of outstanding misconduct on the part of what seems to be an increasing percentage of our police.

The fact you think COPS is an accurate portrayal of law enforcement shows how immature and ignorant your knowledge of LE is.
Are you suggesting what we see on COPS is other than reality? If so, why not provide us with some descriptions and a basic clarification of the reality you are alluding to.

I suspect Bucky was the worst of the worst...and never went anywhere without a blackjack, a throwdown, and some drugs to "find".

Forum List

Back