"protecting" And "serving"

Ok....before I even bother with another DontTazeMeBro link....I have 2 questions.

1. Does the video show the incident or just the aftermath?
1 (b). If no....are the allegations simply what a lawyer in a lawsuit is claiming happened?
The fact that after two years the subject was finally acquitted on all three (reportedly serious) felonies these cops had charged him with in an obvious attempt to justify their actions should answer any questions you might have. Add to that the eyewitness testimony you heard in the video and it seems clear these cops have acquired some bad habits.

This is not a situation in which saying, "Oops, excuse the bad judgment," is going to work. The simple fact is there is a right way and a wrong way to do the job and if one is not capable of doing it the right way, then one should not be on the job.

Ok....before I even bother with another DontTazeMeBro link....I have 2 questions.

1. Does the video show the incident or just the aftermath?
1 (b). If no....are the allegations simply what a lawyer in a lawsuit is claiming happened?
The fact that after two years the subject was finally acquitted on all three (reportedly serious) felonies these cops had charged him with in an obvious attempt to justify their actions should answer any questions you might have. Add to that the eyewitness testimony you heard in the video and it seems clear these cops have acquired some bad habits.

This is not a situation in which saying, "Oops, excuse the bad judgment," is going to work. The simple fact is there is a right way and a wrong way to do the job and if one is not capable of doing it the right way, then one should not be on the job.

That doesn't answer my questions.

Taking a trial lawyer at his word is about 1% accurate.

Asset forfeiture, which is a crime in of itself, used to embezzle money.

Meh... who cares. Police corruption is rare I'm told

Criminal Cases Against Police Show Why Civil Forfeiture Must Be Abolished
Almost every day there is something new.

I knew there was something wrong with the "civil forfeiture" but I didn't know it was this bad. This is what accounts for the phenomenal increase in car-stop activity and the concentrated focus on drug offenses. The most petty drug offense represents something to "forfeit" (steal).

Thanks for posting this report. It is important information.

With state worship as a professed religion, its canon laid out in the federal register, and the accumulation of all state and local laws and regulations. One would be a busy feller doing all that reading

You could make it easy on yourself and follow the laws of common decency and you should do fine.

I'd say the girl had something "extra" coming for kicking the cop that way but to lay into a handcuffed female that way is simply wrong.

Legally, what the girl did is felonious assault. What the cop did is not defensive force but retaliative force, which is unjustifiable and also felonious -- at least it is in New York. So this incident probably will end up with a quiet quid-pro-quo and the girl will walk away with a disorderly conduct charge and a fine.

American cops are the most mentally unstable, violent criminals on the planet

Shocking moment Florida police officer punches woman in chest

They are??? Hmmm. Then why is the violent crime rate amongst cops LOWER than that of the general public in America????

Also shows that DontTazeMeBro is full of shit when he says cops are never held accountable (they obviously are).

Considering they are sent into the worst situations in our country day after day....with shitty hours and shitty pay...and low morale....I say they're doing a miraculously good job that they show MORE restraint than the general public.

2016-04-30-09-13-37--1052701323.png

Last edited:
Don't these guys get a psych eval before they are hired?
The New York City Police Department subjects all candidates to a psychological screening interview which typically occupies 30 to 60 minutes and which is not nearly enough to detect any but the most pronounced and superficial symptoms of disorder or tendency which is incompatible with the police occupation. This level of screening is common to most large urban police departments and is conducted by an on-staff psychologist. Smaller departments usually contract with a local Ph.D in private practice. In either example, rejection on the basis of psychological incompatibility is extremely rare, because the disqualifying disorder must be so pronounced as to exclude the likelihood of a successful lawsuit.

In simple terms the average psychopath would have no trouble evading detection during the typical police candidate screening interview. And based on what we've been seeing in recent years there is plenty of evidence to support that conclusion.

They are??? Hmmm. Then why is the violent crime rate amongst cops LOWER than that of the general public in America????

Also shows that DontTazeMeBro is full of shit when he says cops are never held accountable (they obviously are).

Considering they are sent into the worst situations in our country day after day....with shitty hours and shitty pay...and low morale....I say they're doing a miraculously good job that they show MORE restraint than the general public.
The collective performance level of of most police agencies could be vastly improved by more carefully studied and reviewed Procedural standards and union accommodations. The combined effect of these two administrative factors has reached the stage where it's too easy for the average cop to develop bad habits and to resist any punitive action for malfeasance.

The collective performance level of of most police agencies could be vastly improved by more carefully studied and reviewed Procedural standards and union accommodations. The combined effect of these two administrative factors has reached the stage where it's too easy for the average cop to develop bad habits and to resist any punitive action for malfeasance.

Maybe. But improved from what standard?? From the 99.9% outstanding and excellent job they do now....to a 99.999% or 100%????

Like it or not...American cops as a collective do an astonishingly good job policing this nation.

Maybe. But improved from what standard?? From the 99.9% outstanding and excellent job they do now....to a 99.999% or 100%????

Like it or not...American cops as a collective do an astonishingly good job policing this nation.
This linked article will provide some insight into just how much the "astonishingly good job" by their police officers is costing American taxpayers in litigation awards paid out for police misconduct and malfeasance. Cost of Police-Misconduct Cases Soars in Big U.S. Cities

The simple fact is there is plenty of room for improvement in the way our police agencies are managed. The major problems exist in the areas of universal performance Procedures and deficiencies in training and supervision.

This linked article will provide some insight into just how much the "astonishingly good job" by their police officers is costing American taxpayers in litigation awards paid out for police misconduct and malfeasance. Cost of Police-Misconduct Cases Soars in Big U.S. Cities

The simple fact is there is plenty of room for improvement in the way our police agencies are managed. The major problems exist in the areas of universal performance Procedures and deficiencies in training and supervision.

So you're judging it on lawsuits???

A) our country is lawsuit happy, and the very nature of police work incites 1000x more lawsuit attempts than anything else

B) Cities pay out because it's cheaper. That is NOT proof of wrong doing....it is proof that cities choose the cheaper option. Did you know that under DeBlasio....NY is settling all lawsuits against NYPD that are under $5000 because DeBlasio wanted to stop fighting them.

So....it's a hornets nest of $4999 lawsuits.

They settled one after a man attacked a cop with a knife....got shot in the leg....lawyer sued....lawyer literally said his client DESERVED to be shot but "since they settle them all we sued to get a check"....and got one.

So....once again....your logic is extremely flawed.

A) our country is lawsuit happy, and the very nature of police work incites 1000x more lawsuit attempts than anything else

B) Cities pay out because it's cheaper. That is NOT proof of wrong doing....it is proof that cities choose the cheaper option. Did you know that under DeBlasio....NY is settling all lawsuits against NYPD that are under $5000 because DeBlasio wanted to stop fighting them.

They settled one after a man attacked a cop with a knife....got shot in the leg....lawyer sued....lawyer literally said his client DESERVED to be shot but "since they settle them all we sued to get a check"....and got one.

If what you're saying had the slightest degree of merit there would be a line of shysters reaching from Times Square to Centre Street with contrived affidavits in their hands.

What you need to know is no lawsuit moves beyond the first motion without some substantial merit. If every filing went past the first motion without evidence of merit there would be substantially more than what are mentioned here. The $5,000 settlements you are talking about are based on merit and evaluative projection, not the kind of hopeless convenience suggested by the FOP propaganda you are parroting.

If what you're saying had the slightest degree of merit there would be a line of shysters reaching from Times Square to Centre Street with contrived affidavits in their hands.

What you need to know is no lawsuit moves beyond the first motion without some substantial merit. If every filing went past the first motion without evidence of merit there would be substantially more than what are mentioned here. The $5,000 settlements you are talking about are based on merit and evaluative projection, not the kind of hopeless convenience suggested by the FOP propaganda you are parroting.

Oh yeah??? So you're saying it isn't true? Because here is the link to the lawyer saying his client being shot was in fact justifiable....but....since NYC is settling they sued. The city has been commonly paying out $5000 settlements just to make shit go away. It's very...very...VERY...common to simply settle because legal fees would exceed the settlement anyway.

http://nypost.com/2015/01/29/machete-wielding-thug-shot-by-nypd-gets-5000-from-city/
You have no fucking clue what you're talking about moron. If you think these bullshit settlements aren't nearly daily in law enforcement you are a clinical retard.

Here ya go MikeK.....here is another link of DeBlasio promising to change his POLICY of settling frivolous lawsuits because it's cheaper to settle than to pay legal fees.....you know....the policy you said wasn't true. I hate to disappoint you.....but you're a retard.

De Blasio Promises Policy Change After ‘Wrong’ Machete Settlement
If deBlasio ever did authorize such a counterproductive policy as the settling of frivolous lawsuits you are talking about rest assured he quickly learned how stupid it was -- and the following is excerpted from the article you linked:

"Mayor Bill de Blasio promised to stop settling “frivolous” lawsuits with the NYPD after the city paid out $5,000 to a man shot by cops while threatening them with a machete.

“I think it was wrong,” Mr. de Blasio said of the settlement, speaking to reporters outside City Hall. “And I think it’s not the kind of policy we will do anymore. We are gonna change the policy.”

I don't know how long this potentially ruinous policy remained in effect but I'm certain it was brief -- and nothing like it ever took place during my time. I'm sorry to disappoint you but you've hung your hat on the shadow of what is nothing more than an effort at pro-police propaganda. The fact is most of the thousands of lawsuits filed against the New York City Police Department, Transit Police, Housing Police and Correction Departments have some degree of merit. And while settlements are indeed offered to those with merit you may rest assured that, barring deBlasio's temporary folly, those without merit are promptly discharged at the initial hearing.

So you can put it away and zip up your fly because your little onanistic adventure is a farcical propaganda device and nothing more.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back