"protecting" And "serving"

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
May as well just start an ongoing thread of all the police abuse around the nation since it's pretty much a daily occurrence now. Here's the latest.

Earlier this week, the San Diego Police Department traumatized an innocent man by pointing dozens of laser sighted machine guns at him as he stepped out onto his balcony Tuesday morning.

The victim, who posted a video of the encounter under the YouTube user name Demetrice Gordon said that a large number of police officers surrounded his building with guns drawn because he “fit the description” of a “black man with a beard.”

They accused me of being armed and came to the wrong home after a woman with a very suspect story claimed to have been beaten and threatened with a gun. While this was happening the person they were supposed to be looking for got away,” said Gordon.

In the first few minutes of the video, as police begin to surround the building, they can actually be seen pointing their guns directly at onlookers who were taking cell phone video recordings. People in the background can be heard scrambling to get their children inside, not to protect them from the alleged criminal, but from the heavily armed police.

Other police reportedly spread out along the street, telling onlookers to get inside and turn their cellphone cameras off.

A Half Dozen Laser Sights on his Chest Still this Guy Asserts His Rights Punk Rock Libertarians

Of course they want the cameras off. They don't want the public to see the way they abuse people's rights.

An article this morning on the growing police state

This is why I don’t trust my local police department

About a year ago, I moved to St. Paul, Minn. for grad school. It’s been great living here, but I must say, I’m worried about my dog’s safety. My worry doesn’t stem from concerns about traffic, crime, or environmental hazards.

No, I’m worried because of the Saint Paul Police Department.

In July, there was a story about a family whose two dogs were executed by police during a no-knock raid for marijuana possession in a St. Paul neighborhood just a few miles from my house. The family says one dog was shot as he fled in fear; the raid, meanwhile, produced minimal evidence to feed the hungry maw of the trillion-dollar failure that is the war on drugs.

“All of a sudden, we see the dogs thrown out like pieces of meat, like they were nothing,” said a neighbor of the family whose dogs were shot. “We teared up because they are like family to us. Those dogs are real good dogs.”

This isn’t an isolated incident for the SPPD. Just a few years ago, the Saint Paul Police killed another family dog…and forced handcuffed children to sit next to its bleeding corpse for more than an hour while they ransacked the home.

The kicker? The raid wasn’t even in the right house!

This is why I don t trust my local police department Rare

Taz, you say you don't trust your local police department. I trust my local police department and pretty much every other LEO in this country a thousand times more than I trust all but a small handful of people whom I personally know. Hell, I trust them more than a majority of my family members.

Then again, I go out of my way to avoid interacting with officers any more than is absolutely necessary. I don't give them a reason to stop me. I don't live in or even visit neighborhoods where there is significant criminal activity. I am prepared to defend myself and my home rather than calling a cop to protect me.

Maybe if more people would FOLLOW THE LAWS, this wouldn't be so much of an issue.

Yep, ignorance is no excuse. Even if you have no criminal history they would lock you away if they could.

Law enforcement is a state run business that gives rewards for finding criminals to lock away, and the system is geared to put people in prisons (especially private prisons where they make money off crime).

Most of the people in prison are there for non violent crimes like taking drugs or minor law infractions, anyone can go from a job and happy life one day to jail the next.

Taz, you say you don't trust your local police department. I trust my local police department and pretty much every other LEO in this country a thousand times more than I trust all but a small handful of people whom I personally know. Hell, I trust them more than a majority of my family members.

Then again, I go out of my way to avoid interacting with officers any more than is absolutely necessary. I don't give them a reason to stop me. I don't live in or even visit neighborhoods where there is significant criminal activity. I am prepared to defend myself and my home rather than calling a cop to protect me.

Maybe if more people would FOLLOW THE LAWS, this wouldn't be so much of an issue.

Including jaywalking. And she didn't have her ID! :eek-52:

The police chief reacted by saying that at least, we didn't rape her.

Austin police chief apologizes for comments about jogger

Baltimore

Minutes later, the video captured a large group of police officers surrounding the two near a bus stop, where Cosom lunged at Truss from several feet away, hitting him in the face multiple times as Truss stood there with his hands down. After the attack, Truss was subdued by multiple officers and thrown against a nearby bus stop billboard. After the incident Truss was charged with assaulting an officer, even though it was the officer that assaulted him.

Baltimore Cop Sucker-Punches Loitering Suspect Then Charges Him With Assault Punk Rock Libertarians

Baltimore police have suspended an officer after he was caught on video repeatedly beating a man earlier this year.

Lawyers representing Kollin Truss, 32, said their client exchanged words with Baltimore City Police Department Officer Vincent Cosom on June 15 at 1:30 a.m., just before the cop repeatedly punched him, according to local WBALTV11. Cosom now faces a seven-count lawsuit from attorneys Ivan Bates and Tony Garcia, of Bates & Garcia, who claimed their client is the victim of police brutality.

“The pattern is all too clear, these types of police take a person’s dignity, force their submission, assault a person then charge the person with assaulting them. This is not justice,” attorneys wrote on the law firm’s Facebook page.

Cosom has been placed on administrative leave. The video footage of the incident was captured by police surveillance cameras.

Baltimore cop suspended after video shows him punching man MSNBC

Forum List

Back